Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4efte Yaris Turbo Conversion

josheyboy006

]hey guys i am putting money together to fund my project of puting a 4efte starlet engine in mt 52 yaris 1.0. what i really need to know is how hard and what parts are needed? basicly im worried about the electrical side because its not my strong point! im not expecting to tune the engine strate away i just want to get the lump in and get it driveable first. if anyone could help me id be verry thankfull .

cheers guys!

As most## of the work will be rewiring , putting in a new ECU.. and you are self confessed not competent, my advice is : DON'T do it.

I have seen too many projects like that stall from lack of MONEY, skills or resources.

If you can't sort out the electrics and don't have a friend who can, you are looking at £000s.. and still possible failure.

I speak as one who has built kitcars and rebuilt various old cars...

## The design work that is. Any fool can install most mechanical things with a few brackets...

there was a guy on YCUK that has done this might be worth getting in touch with him click here for YCUK

he has indeed, his name is Steff, was featured in a magazine also.

Had the missfortune of following him around the top gear track... :(

th_DSCF0014.jpg

yehh iv had a chat with him and he basicly said the jobs are endless! as much fun it would be to create a car like that it sounds like im in over my head lol but thanks for the honesty people i might aswell buy a starlet gt and start from there :)

Wise move Josh. I was thinking about putting a VW 2.9 Corrado VR6 engine in a 1.6 Golf Driver a good few years ago :lol:

When i reckoned up all the costs, it would have been far cheaper to just go buy a VR6 Corrado instead.

It's good to have dreams and idea's though, keeps your mind active at least. ;)

A second hand Fiesta ST would be cheaper than a Yaris TS + terbo fitting.