Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'98 Hiace Powervan Tailgate Mechanism

hiace_josh

Evening all, I am new to this site so not really sure if i'm even posting this in the right topic! I have recently bought a hiace powervan and its pretty sweet apart from one little 'problem'... The mechanism on the bottom of the tailgate which holds it shut and locked has corroded and it now has about an inch of play in it. This means even the smallest bump in the road makes it rattle like a gooden.

Does any know where i can get a replacement mechanism and the bar it clicks on top on the actuall body of the van? Toyota dealer is quoting me £56 and £30 plus VAT!

Just to confirm what i need;

-The mechanism which is bolted to the inside bottom of the tailgate. Its got three bolts holding it on to the tailgate.

- The metal striker 'bar' on the actual van body which is held by the tailgat to prevent it from opening.

I dont require any cables.

Cheers folks!

welcome to the forum....

can't resist but I use a hasp and padlock on my transit vans!! :D Still rattle but I know it won't fly open!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links