Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Us Halo Headlights

Tempesta

Has anyone got any of these lights? Especially the first set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05-TOYOT...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-2005-T...sQ5fAccessories

Does anyone know if these headlights would be road legal? I asked the sellers on eBay but they are not willing to commit themselves to an answer.... The only problem I could see would be that they are pointed slightly in the wrong direction due to Yanks driving on the "wrong" side of the road? Any thoughts anyone? If not I might just take a punt and get some anyway.

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

Will

You would need those nasty stick on adaptor things like when you drive in Europe to prevent on coming traffic being dazzled.

Ahh... I'll not bother then. Are there any UK places that make Gen 7 lights that aren't totally poo that anyones heard of? Seems like only the Yanks bother making interesting lights for Gen 7's? Gutted.....

One of the sets of lights says that they can be adjusted vertically AND horizontally? Would that not fix the problem? i.e. Adjusting them to point to the left instead of the right?

nice and reasonable headlights, they worth every dollar; the only problem is they are projector lights.

with halo bulbs you won't see too much in front of you; they will work fine with hids only...

not true. while HID's will look better there are a vast majority of cars fitted with projector lights and halogen bulbs, my auris for one. the lights on this are good.

you may be able to modify the us lights to have the correct beam pattern for the uk but its a bit of a gamble. if you can get inside the projector unit its a matter of swapping the beam cut off blade round so the beam is lower on the rhs.

yeah unless you use the "warranty return" tactic

basicaly you ask the company to send the item marked as a warranty return. that way the item is still insured and marked at the correct value, however as a warranty return you will have already have had to pay import duty, therefore no need to pay again. used this a few times and it works.

however i cannot condone the use of this as its a bit naughty if you know what i mean ;)

Well, in the end i've ordered these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=380188519367

Just for everyones info you can make these ones UK road legal. I contacted the seller and they said you can open em up and rotate the projector 180 degrees and also adjust them horizontally which makes them road legal. They also reckon theres been no import tax on stuff they've sold since 2002 so fingers crossed I wont get stung in that department but i'll reserve my judgement on that till they come through.

Well, in the end i've ordered these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=380188519367

Just for everyones info you can make these ones UK road legal. I contacted the seller and they said you can open em up and rotate the projector 180 degrees and also adjust them horizontally which makes them road legal. They also reckon theres been no import tax on stuff they've sold since 2002 so fingers crossed I wont get stung in that department but i'll reserve my judgement on that till they come through.

Hot! - I have a pair of these on mine now, just installed two days ago - Have had some great comments/feedback on them. Mine are black thou, not smoked. It really gives the car a great look.

I hope to post some pics soon :-)

I also got matching rear lights too!