Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst Thing On The Iq

Zulley

Only had it a couple of days and i really like it apart from the really crap interior spot light. You cant see a dam thing. Plus theres no light when you open the boot.

Only had it a couple of days and i really like it apart from the really crap interior spot light. You cant see a dam thing. Plus theres no light when you open the boot.

seconded, & that annoying airbag on light, that stays on all the time. how silly is that? :unsure:

and the aux input is low! Plus all of the above!!! AND, my wife's Aygo has great little headrest that lower into the seat when you don't need them so folding the seats mean one click, in the iQ both rear headrest are huge - especially for a car that isn't gonna carry that many rear passengers and every time you fold a seat, off has to come the headrest too :rolleyes:

still love it though!!

I was thinking of fitting a carbon arc light but was advised people may mistake it for a lighthouse if i parked on a hill! Seriosly though everyone says LED light is bad. I am in the process of fitting extra lights into the boot but must finish the heated seat install 1st :rolleyes:

All being said, the thing that makes up for its its shortcomings best is i love doing a U turn in the main road if there is standing traffic. Other cars cant turn and just have to sit there as people dont give room to 3 point turn. So funny. Turning of VSC and Traction control is interesting too! Been driving 5 months now, not seen another IQ yet apart from at the dealers.

I am in the process of fitting extra lights into the boot but must finish the heated seat install 1st :rolleyes:

defo worth having, loving mine, :D daft that Mr T doesn't offer them as an extra!

not seeing many iQ's in Norfolk - only the odd 1 or 2 - love the car and let us know what you do boot light wise as I'm gonna have to do something there!! :unsure:

The naff 'Infotainment' control button on the Steering Wheel...means that the passenger can't make any adjustments.

The 'Multi-Information' screen in the Instrument Pack is too cluttered - tries to do too much...

Yes - Aux input is annoyingly insensitive!

the crappy way the rear seat belts slot into the side pillar. Who designed that piece of *****. It annoys the hell out of me when the seat belts keep falling out then rattling against the side of the car..........

Apart from that I can live with the other foibles. Great little car.

the crappy way the rear seat belts slot into the side pillar. Who designed that piece of *****. It annoys the hell out of me when the seat belts keep falling out then rattling against the side of the car..........

Do what my wife did on hers and use a couple of THESE....Just wrap them round the buckle and let them hang, they don't make any noise then ;)

Do what my wife did on hers and use a couple of THESE....Just wrap them round the buckle and let them hang, they don't make any noise then ;)

exactly what I've done!

Never thought of that. Simple ideas are always the best! Ta.

Worst thing imo is 2nd gear change. Its starting to annoy me now, was hoping it would slacken up after a few 1000 miles, but most of the time it clunks in, or doesn't go in at all, and have to go to neutral, release and press clutch and try again. Will ask toyota to look at it in new year.

Worst thing imo is 2nd gear change. Its starting to annoy me now, was hoping it would slacken up after a few 1000 miles, but most of the time it clunks in, or doesn't go in at all, and have to go to neutral, release and press clutch and try again. Will ask toyota to look at it in new year.

Mine is silky smooth.see from your details you have an iq3. Not heard of any iq3's having this problem, i thought it was only iq1 and 2 that did it. Perhaps im wrong then.

My gear change is fine now too. Just rolled over to 9000 miles though. But its been fine for months!

is it me or do the heaters take too long to warm up ? - that's the one thing i don't like (especially now!)

jimbo747 is that you from the vx220 forums ?

is it me or do the heaters take too long to warm up ? - that's the one thing i don't like (especially now!)

jimbo747 is that you from the vx220 forums ?

They do take a while to warm up. This is because the engine does not use much fuel in running so not much heat from petrol at any one time to warm up. Its the price you pay for fuel economy im afraid.

Before it got really cold the car warmed in about 5 mins. Now it takes almost my whole journey to or from work about 15/20 mins - The cool engine light goes off and heater comes on ( I keep on auto) about 2 mins before I pull up ! :-(

Mine is silky smooth.see from your details you have an iq3. Not heard of any iq3's having this problem, i thought it was only iq1 and 2 that did it. Perhaps im wrong then.

I have had my IQ3 for 7000km and don't have this problem anymore... or very rarely. maybe did I adpated myself to the car ? Really don't know !

• 2 weeks later...

What I find the most annoying besides agreeing with all the other points mentioned below is that when sitting in a comfortable driving position, my knee is prodded by the handbrake lever. They really could have positioned it a bit further back as it’s really annoying and uncomfortable.

Also what would have been a nice feature is for a mute button on the sound system. Just would make life a lot easier.

Regards

D

• 3 weeks later...

Really daft niggle but I hate that daft engraved symbol of a "no cup" sign on the door cards! I find it very random! lol what next an LED arrow to show you where to sit?

Don't want to sound patronizing but.... Why do you need a boot light when there isn't really a boot on the car? :lol:

Besides the interior light I find these things annoying, no biggies but still...

- Operating and configuring the stereo (it almost make me a traffic hazard)

- The Airbag lights (it's just confusing!)

- The safety belt usually gets stuck between the B-pillar and the front seat making it getting hit when closing the door

- The rear wiper could be bigger

- The button for operating the trip computer is not well placed

- No xenon option (just for the looks, not really for the function)

- No alarm as standard

- No way to reset the "average mpg"

- Few accessories, Toyota should have made a line of accessories including bags and so on tailor made for the IQ

In response to the above -

Dont know about other models but my IQ2 DOES have an alarm, someone tugged on the door handles when it was locked at a car show and it went off.

Is it just me? I certainly didnt ask for one as an optional extra...it was a nice surprise though!

In response to the above -

Dont know about other models but my IQ2 DOES have an alarm, someone tugged on the door handles when it was locked at a car show and it went off.

Is it just me? I certainly didnt ask for one as an optional extra...it was a nice surprise though!

I've got a standard alarm on my iQ3 too Sally, so you're not alone!! :rolleyes:

Yes mine defiantly has an alarm, I have and iQ3 and it is standard on them, not sure about 1 & 2 though? Had to read the manual to realise how it worked automatically though!

Personally I think the worst thing on the iQ is the "Small car syndrome" as I call it that other drivers have towards me. Just because I drive a small car doesn't mean I drive slowly! I hate it when cars overtake me to pull in right in front of me.......just because I drive a small car! I just think to myself...."At least my car only cost £35 a year to tax and it uses waaaaayyyy less petrol than yours!!"