Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Door Sensors Not Working? 2006 Verso T Spirit

Tim T

Hoping someone else has already come across this before I waste a day at the dealership...

The last week or so it would seem both rear door sensors have stopped working. Interior light doesn't stay on while these are open, car relocks if one of the front doors isn't opened etc. If it was just one I would have thought a broken sensor but both?! Wiring issue? Any thoughts or simple investigations would be very much appreciated.

When the car doors are unlocked you have 30 seconds to open any door before they are automatically locked again. This is normal.

When the car doors are unlocked you have 30 seconds to open any door before they are automatically locked again. This is normal.

Not when I have both the back doors open!

Not when I have both the back doors open!

Tim,

I also have the same on my 2007 TR but only on the rear offside door. It is interesting if I compare it to the nearside one where it seems to work correctly. Having only had the car since September this year, it really threw me when I almost locked myself out of the car!

I will get my dealer (Tollhouse Horsham) to have a look at some point in the new year.

I'll let you know as and when it is resolved.

Matthew

SOLVED

Whilst I was cleaning the windows and checking fluids etc, I thought I would have a little play. One screw to take the switch apart and then I scraped back some of the metal on the back of the switch around the screw hole as this is where earth is made to the car. Popped it back in and it all now works as it should.

I hope that this also solves your problem.

Seasons Greetings,

Matthew

• 1 month later...
SOLVED

Whilst I was cleaning the windows and checking fluids etc, I thought I would have a little play. One screw to take the switch apart and then I scraped back some of the metal on the back of the switch around the screw hole as this is where earth is made to the car. Popped it back in and it all now works as it should.

I hope that this also solves your problem.

Seasons Greetings,

Matthew

presumably you have children in the back seats? if so take a look at both the rear door skins (by the lock) where the door switch contacts the door, you may find the door is dented from the seatbelts being trapped causin the switch not to contact the door. To confirm this sit in the back and pull on both doors, you should find the interior light will go out. Fix : remove both door trims and push dents out with screwdriver.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links