Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Really Jap?

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

early ones where made in japan, and had a j at the start of the chassis number, late ones where made in england (uk ones anyway) and will have s at the start of the chassis number, not sure about really early ones though, interesting note, mine which is the ever so lovely looking frog eyed e11 hatchback version was never available outside of europe, but was made in japan

America i believe.... unless you mean the E12's? :P :lol:

In which case i think the car was made in Derbyshire with the engines made in Japan...

I may be wrong tho :lol:

America i believe.... unless you mean the E12's? :P :lol:

In which case i think the car was made in Derbyshire with the engines made in Japan...

I may be wrong tho :lol:

Other way round. Engines were made here, as I'm told.

Sure?

I know the Corolla was made in the Derbyshire plant....

I was just unsure as to the 2ZZ engine...

i mean the E12 for my 02 reg.

want to know this because someone said to me while we having a little banter "come back to me when you have jap"

so i was thinking thats a good point so is the rolla really jap or just a jap Badge?

from the E11 they have been made here and japan. the E11 5 drs here and 3drs jpn.

with the e12 they again were made here (3+5dr), japan (3,4,5dr and wagon) and turkey (3,5dr and verso)

engines depend on type, some here some japan

from the E11 they have been made here and japan. the E11 5 drs here and 3drs jpn.

with the e12 they again were made here (3+5dr), japan (3,4,5dr and wagon) and turkey (3,5dr and verso)

engines depend on type, some here some japan

how would i find out for my car?

Sure?

I know the Corolla was made in the Derbyshire plant....

I was just unsure as to the 2ZZ engine...

I don't completely know tbh, I just remember reading that when I was thinking of becoming an apprentice for Toyota. :yes:

I could be wrong there so don't hold me to it. :)

early ones where made in japan, and had a j at the start of the chassis number, late ones where made in england (uk ones anyway) and will have s at the start of the chassis number, not sure about really early ones though, interesting note, mine which is the ever so lovely looking frog eyed e11 hatchback version was never available outside of europe, but was made in japan

Yep.

JT- Japan

SB-British

VNK-French

Then theres South Africa on the Hilux's ect.,cant remember there chassis start though.

Mines SB dam i wanted it to be jap!!!!

nothing wrong with it being made here lad, anyway it was all designed and thought up in japan.

nothing wrong with it being made here lad, anyway it was all designed and thought up in japan.

but 2zzge engine is made in japan

but 2zzge engine is made in japan

i was on about the whole car, as a lot of t sports have made in england stamped on parts of them like the glass for example

im still there :huh:

All the modern stuff is designed in Europe these days, Japan couldnt design a European car if they tried, they could never get it right somehow, always too small inside, fine if you 5ft nothing like me, I'm sure 10 ft man might struggle :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

All the modern stuff is designed in Europe these days, Japan couldnt design a European car if they tried, they could never get it right somehow, always too small inside, fine if you 5ft nothing like me, I'm sure 10 ft man might struggle :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Its a hard life i live :crybaby:

hate to confuse things more but my 2zz-ge block got yamaha on side off it hope it to do with bikes and not pianos :lol:

thats because yamaha designed the head,the toyota/yamaha partneship has being going for a while now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links