Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Project

vmail

I will be getting £800 of someone elses money and I was thinking of getting a 1KW wind turbine and a grid tie in inverter

It wont make the digital meter go backward but it will slow down or stop the meter (depending on the load)

Do you think its a good or bad idea?

I am not convinced that domestic wind turbines are efficient enough to be worth the investment.... They used to be on sale at our biggest DIY store a while back but they were withdrawn on the suggestion that they actually used more power than they produced. I am hoping that the problem is soon sorted out as I like the idea of having one installed at my own home.

If anyone else in the UK is thinking along the same lines as myself they must be aware that, at this time, they do require planning permission :yes:

I think you dont need permission if you say its a temporary wind turbine

It would look horrid on your house though????

PV is the way forward for 'free' electricity, the earlier you get into the 'feed-in' tariff the more they will pay you as well, the price they will buy the electricity off you is going to drop by the year.