Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Warranty Claims For Auris?!

ABZ-T2

My car's just gone in for the two front seat base covers to be replaced as the material was creasing.

I've now done around 20 miles in the re-covered drivers seat, and the cover has started to crease and lift again. I've just been told that Toyota will only authorise the covers being replaced, and not the complete seat base! I can't believe there there is no "bonding" between the inner foam structure, and outer material cover.

Just to make things that little bit worse, while on my first journey after the seats being re-covered, the Speakers in the drivers door have died. As both are not working I suspect either a wiring, or head unit issue. I am waiting for my dealer to call back and arrange my cars next appointment.

If it didn't look like I was about to be made redundant, this car would be gone as my first Auris found out!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• GregP

• ABZ-T2

• Aurissimo

Toyota swaps the parts with other parts of the same poor quality. I had problem with rust under the car. They have replaced the bits but now after one year the rust is back. The same applies to bolts, nuts etc. The steering column was replaced as it was rattling and squeaking and guess what...after 10k miles it starts again.

A little update. It appears that "Toyota Warranty" will only approve replacing and refitting of "Seat Covers". Even though the replacement seat cover on the drivers side has "raised up in an inverted v shape" where you sit after one days use, the attitude seems to be "tough luck, you've had your fix".

Trying to get the dealership to co-operate to rectify this issue, and getting the Speakers working in my drivers door are falling on deaf ears. Having asked for Service Reception, and the Service Manager to return my calls has achieved nothing. The Service Department at Toyota World Birmingham simply do not return calls.:ffs:

In desperation I called Toyota "customer complaints" last night to try and get things moving, my car collected, and returned repaired. I called for an update from them today, and evidently the dealership had been trying to call me and unable to reach me. My contact details were confirmed as correct, so it's rather peculiar that I have no missed calls reported on my work or mobile phone. May be the dealership were telling fibs to Toyota.... As if they would?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i will start

Steering column

Seats

Rattles - seatbelt panel/dashboard/rear seats/boot/cup holders/centre console/doors/side panels

Exhaust

Windscreen washers

Fuel tank

Brakes

Tyres

ABZ-T2

Hi,

Just wondering what was going on with your exhaust?? I'm having a problem with mine blowing as i go up in gears and if i break to slow down and then accelerate it happens again. It's fine once you are driving steady in 4/5th gear. Toyota says the exhaust is fine, it's not the cat conv nor is there any breaks and that there is nothing showing up on their computer when they plug the car into it.

I've been more or less told it's how the Auris drives!!!cursing.gif

1 year old sr180 drivers side shock had to be replaced both front callipers had to be taken apart and be rebuilt where is toyota build quality

• 2 months later...

Hi I have had my toyota for 3 years, I bought it new and have only done 22000 miles.

Brakes

Steering column

Drivers seat belt

Fuel ejectors

power steering

Squeeky doors

Hand brake not holding

Cup holders

I bought mine 3 months ago and the car is 2 years old, 20k miles:

- failed A/C evaporator

- new steering column fitted

- rear brakes noise

+ all the previous recalls and whatever previous owner had to get fixed.

Since 1976 I have owned (most as company cars) Mini, Ford Cortinas and Sierra, Rover Montegos and 200 (220 Gsi), Mazda Premacy (currently 210,000 miles) and since February last year a new 1.6 SR Auris (brake pads changed under warranty)

That’s 11 cars and just short of one million miles travelled ! If I added all the problems on all those cars together I could not come up with the length of the list of problems that some posters are claiming they have had on their one Auris. Ford and Rover in the 80’s and 90’s were not exactly considered the most reliable or well built cars.

I cannot believe that any ‘mainstream’ manufacturer today is producing cars with more faults than some of those mentioned above.

Do some owners not look after their cars - regular servicing, cleaning and attending to any problem as soon as possible – it’s not that difficult.

• 3 months later...

had my auris for twenty minutes and hearing rattles from interior weird noise like coins being clanked together then weird vibration in drivers floorpan toyota say its the exhaust bolts need replacing .then window jets need replacing so had it sent in on friday and got the car on monday they have toyota hodgsom at the silverlink have been good bless them.oho also alloys were reppairedafter being scuffed in a bad way .laquer was coming of alloys .all in all bad but steve has been good and got a coutesy car,,car was also pulling to the right maybe trakking was out..heres hopinh i get it bakk tomorow .wife sid should have asked for a full refund on friday x.ill keep you guys updated

had my auris for twenty minutes and hearing rattles from interior weird noise like coins being clanked together then weird vibration in drivers floorpan toyota say its the exhaust bolts need replacing .then window jets need replacing so had it sent in on friday and got the car on monday they have toyota hodgsom at the silverlink have been good bless them.oho also alloys were reppairedafter being scuffed in a bad way .laquer was coming of alloys .all in all bad but steve has been good and got a coutesy car,,car was also pulling to the right maybe trakking was out..heres hopinh i get it bakk tomorow .wife sid should have asked for a full refund on friday x.ill keep you guys updated

Think I would have rejected the car if it had been me and noticed these after only 20 minutes in the car.

Had my 1.33 TR for 13.5 months now (5500 miles). First service at 5040 miles.

No warranty claims, and no problems have surfaced.

So far has been as reliable and trouble-free as my previous Corolla 1.4. The only waranty claim for the Corolla was replacement of the rear hatch hydraulic struts due to corrosion at 2 years 8 months)

hi got car bakk 5 days ago and they replaced the steering rack..and also put an update ecu for the mmt without me asking got the alloys repired and were great from strt nto finish .i would recomend hodgson toyota silvrerlink taso anyone ..only the noise is bakk not as lous vibration now but a low boon noise whnen crar is hot isnt it somethink to do with exhausts wit h it being a bouble exhaust thanks again

• 5 months later...

Auris 2.0 d4d 126bhp, nearly 2 years old, 16K miles

Breaks squeal - done

Top up coolant, but no visible leakage. - done

Gear shifter rattleing on 3-th and 4-th around 2000 RPM - said it's normal. Tried on another Auris with the same engine - the same thing (apears normal for the model).

Accelerator pedal recall - done.

Stuck gear shifter between 1-st and Neutral - Unstucked but no couse found - 2000miles after that and no problem.

A little update. It appears that "Toyota Warranty" will only approve replacing and refitting of "Seat Covers". Even though the replacement seat cover on the drivers side has "raised up in an inverted v shape" where you sit after one days use, the attitude seems to be "tough luck, you've had your fix".

Trying to get the dealership to co-operate to rectify this issue, and getting the speakers working in my drivers door are falling on deaf ears. Having asked for Service Reception, and the Service Manager to return my calls has achieved nothing. The Service Department at Toyota World Birmingham simply do not return calls.:ffs:

In desperation I called Toyota "customer complaints" last night to try and get things moving, my car collected, and returned repaired. I called for an update from them today, and evidently the dealership had been trying to call me and unable to reach me. My contact details were confirmed as correct, so it's rather peculiar that I have no missed calls reported on my work or mobile phone. May be the dealership were telling fibs to Toyota.... As if they would?

Any update on this?

I thought they may be a dealer worth using but perhaps not!

David

auris 2.0 d4d 57 44000 miles

exhaust mountings replaced

steering column

steering knuckle

cup holders

accelerator

all done under extended warranty

Had our 1.6 T-Spirit since Feb last year (it is a 58 plate with just under 18K on the clock) and so far I have had the exhaust,drivers seat base replaced, an oil leak, passenger side cup holder and the pedal recall all done under warranty. The exhaust was replaced as the baffles had come loose and the drivers seat base due to it "clicking and shifting"

• 6 months later...

Breaks squeal - done

Top up coolant, but no visible leakage. - done

Gear shifter rattleing on 3-th and 4-th around 2000 RPM - said it's normal. Tried on another Auris with the same engine - the same thing (apears normal for the model).

Accelerator pedal recall - done.

Stuck gear shifter between 1-st and Neutral - Unstucked but no couse found - 2000miles after that and no problem.

Around 20K miles

Steering column joints/holders replace. This was the steering column knock problem, but they have not replace the column itself, just some joints and holders(i'm not familiar with the exact english terms for the parts they have changed)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Breaks squeal - done
  2. Top up coolant, but no visible leakage. - done
  3. Gear shifter rattleing on 3-th and 4-th around 2000 RPM - said it's normal. Tried on another Auris with the same engine - the same thing (apears normal for the model).
  4. Accelerator pedal recall - done.
  5. Stuck gear shifter between 1-st and Neutral - Unstucked but no couse found - 2000miles after that and no problem.

Around 20K miles

1. Strange whining noise when clutch is loaded (starting a climb on 1-st gear at a slope or when getting on a curb) - replaced clutch set (I forgot this last time)
  2. Steering column joints/holders replace. This was the steering column knock problem, but they have not replace the column itself, just some joints and holders(i'm not familiar with the exact english terms for the parts they have changed)

Around 22K miles

1. Water pump replaced.

• 1 month later...

hmm guess i have been lucky after reading all that

front break squealing had to be fixed twice by the dealer on what was meant to be modified pads from the factory,

1 rear light cluster was replaced by the dealer due to "water ingress" absolutely nothing to do with there pee poor design

i dont have squeaky doors as i put some grease on all of the door guides when it was about a week old, the swimming pool in the boot, i fixed 3 weeks ago

Check the other threads on warranty claims,i for one won't be touching another Toyota,2 sets of rear lights already and they are full of condensation again.junk.

If you purchased you car s/hand you can ask yourToyota dealer to give you a print out of any warranty work carried out before you got your car.

mine had a head light fault that was done under warrany.

• 1 month later...

Toyota Auris 2.2 SR180 2008 plate I managed to get all the work fixed under warranty and i must say a big thanks to everyone on here as the info on the forum has been very helpful.

1. Leak in boot - both vents seals perished

2. Leak in boot - Light Cluster seal

3. Steering Column - Clicking when reversing

4. Window wipers - Front wipers not clearing window

To be fair to Arnold Clark in Paisley everytime i took it back they sorted it out i also had a few scratches in the bumper and doors which they kindly sorted out before i took ownership of the car .

Pedro :driving:

My Auris is now almost 2.5 years old - only warranty claim has been for the passenger side cupholder, which broke whilst we were on holiday in October 2011.

1. Breaks squeal - done
  2. Top up coolant, but no visible leakage. - done
  3. Gear shifter rattleing on 3-th and 4-th around 2000 RPM - said it's normal. Tried on another Auris with the same engine - the same thing (apears normal for the model).
  4. Accelerator pedal recall - done.
  5. Stuck gear shifter between 1-st and Neutral - Unstucked but no couse found - 2000miles after that and no problem.

Around 20K miles

1. Strange whining noise when clutch is loaded (starting a climb on 1-st gear at a slope or when getting on a curb) - replaced clutch set (I forgot this last time)
  2. Steering column joints/holders replace. This was the steering column knock problem, but they have not replace the column itself, just some joints and holders(i'm not familiar with the exact english terms for the parts they have changed)

Around 22K miles

1. Water pump replaced.

Around 24 500miles

1. Replaced Steering column. Changing the joints did not cure the problem, so they have switched the whole column this time.
  2. EGR Cleaned. Cought while passing MOT (Bulgarian kind of MOT).
  3. 1.9l of oil consumption in total (for the last 8 and 3/4 K miles). Another check in 800miles due to regular oil change. Will see what's gona happen. For now, they have suggested to try a different kind of oil this time, if the oil consumption has not increased dramaticaly for the last thousand miles.