Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Warranty Claims For Auris?!

ABZ-T2

Dawesy, there's one thing which came to my mind. I knew before that cars are being test driven when they're coming out of factory. They're being also driven to the transportation truck, probably to the ship, then to the truck when they're at the destination harbour... How is it possible that I had 0km on the clock when I received the car? I'm sure guys at Toyota dealership in Finland were also driving it as they got some accessories installed etc...

not sure on that one. as part of the QA checks it need to go on a rolling road and brake tester as well. the average is about 2-3KM's or 1-2 miles. not sure why yours would have 0 though. was yours built at burnaston or Turkey, vin should start SB if UK build.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• GregP

• ABZ-T2

• Aurissimo

was yours built at burnaston or Turkey, vin should start SB if UK build.

It's a UK model...

Thts great Alex! All we need now is more support!!

Guys theres no point sittin hear havin a moan and pretending everythiings ok. We are all clearly not happy in some way or another and i think its about time TOYOTA knows this.

Otherwise they will continue producing cars just like this 1! But more importantly most of our warranties expire soon and we are worried about this coz once they do we will be expected to fork out for any further repairs!! A few ppl here havnt even had any problems yet!! Perhaps ask them to extend the warranty?!!

Instead of 'assuming' whether they check these forums or not, we shd contact them directly. Bombard them with letters, emails....etc. We cant let them get away with this!! After all these cars were made for us and we have paid good money for them!!

Go for it Alex, create the thread and lets bin OPERATION AURIS!! :lol:

:thumbsup:

ABZ-T2

unless your dealer has reset the mileage (cant see why they would) i have no idea.

we dont reset milage on any cars even ones that have been used for evaluation (basicaly tested on the test track etc, extra checks to confirm quaity)

these cars will just have a note attached to explain to the customer why the milage reads about 7KM or so.

worth asking your dealer.

The Auris has only ever got a generally lukewarm reception by the motoring press and if one couples this with the increasing number of complaints from owners it begins to seem as if Toyota has lost its way in the last few years. Certainly the company is struggling in some areas of the world and I cannot remember a time when the quality of its products has been so often called into question. Contributors to this debate have quite properly pointed out that there are other cars which

are far more unreliable than the Auris but the difference comes down to reputation and perception. If you buy a car which regularly appears at the bottom of reliability surveys and it goes wrong then the probable response is to shrug your shoulders and say 'what can you expect, its a .........'. With Toyota which has for so long enjoyed an enviable reputation for high standards and quality even a small fault becomes a big disappointment in the mind of the owner. I have always thought of Toyota as almost being the John Lewis of the motoring world, that is, somewhere I can go with complete confidence that I will get a quality product backed up with good after sales service. I am beginning to change my mind.

It must be of concern to Toyota management that what looks like an increasing volume of complaints about the current Auris models might have an adverse effect on the sales of the forthcoming hybrid version. I am sure that the company is working to address the the complaints but I think a goodwill gesture would be welcomed by existing UK owners who may feel a bit let down because the car falls short of their expectations and they may no longer be confident that it will give them the long term service that they had hoped. An additional one year warranty on top of the standard three years could be a cost effective way of minimising any further discontent.

Incidentally I have it on good authority that many manufacturers monitors forums such as this like hawks!

The Auris has only ever got a generally lukewarm reception by the motoring press and if one couples this with the increasing number of complaints from owners it begins to seem as if Toyota has lost its way in the last few years. Certainly the company is struggling in some areas of the world and I cannot remember a time when the quality of its products has been so often called into question.

When I bought my Golf few years ago people on VW forum were saying the same- "VW lost it", "Golf un-reliable" etc. as VW was well known across globe for making great cars. The reputation was built on Golf in similar way as Toyota and Corolla. Toyota was high in some reliability reports (and fairly low in ADAC :)) but complaints about Auris issues are nothing to the ones they had few years ago. Endless court disputes with US owners over failing engines (sluge), extended warranty on previous generation of VVT-i engines due to design flaw. Avensis model 97-02 by some is described as disaster with failing, gearboxes, clutches and engines iisues. Check amount of recalls for model 03-08. The complaints about Auris rattles are nothing. Toyota reputation was Corolla or Carina- cars very boring, not perfect but reliable. Then very good customer service and marketing did the rest. IMO Toyota still makes good cars but not perfect- no reason to be dissapointed :thumbsup: but we should make complaints about all the flaws.

toyota was in the past a good car.

This club will NOT tolerate posts of such content, please read THIS and be aware of it's content.

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

This club will NOT tolerate posts of such content

Couldn't agree more. Seems like there's very many messages which are not being tolerated by this club... Just wondering what is the reason for such censorship?!

In the morning there were many posts in this thread which weren't off-topic and they were related to the issue of this thread. People weren't using bad language or saying anything else illegal neither. Now those messages are just DELETED, mine was one of them...

Best regards, Alex

Couldn't agree more. Seems like there's very many messages which are not being tolerated by this club... Just wondering what is the reason for such censorship?!

In the morning there were many posts in this thread which weren't off-topic and they were related to the issue of this thread. People weren't using bad language or saying anything else illegal neither. Now those messages are just DELETED, mine was one of them...

Best regards, Alex

The edited post was replaced by my words Alex, the one deleted mentioned the word Nazis and as such was removed, the link added is for anyone's benefit who doesn't like any form of moderation.

Best Regards

Les

Best regards, Alex

The edited post was replaced by my words Alex, the one deleted mentioned the word !Removed! and as such was removed, the link added is for anyone's benefit who doesn't like any form of moderation.

Best Regards

Les

I was not talking about post by Xana, I was talking about other posts deleted from this thread!

Best regards, Alex

Ok this is getting strange now. Whatever we do or say is not good enough anymore! It is a forum, the good as well as the bad will be discussed!! It isnt our fault that toyota have made a car with more bads than good!! We were simply discussing the best way to go about putting together a complaint. Never did we intend to use toyota owners club against the company.

Ok fair enough, the forum was locked as moderators felt it was anti - toyota. But what is with all these additional comments and control?!

ABZ-T2

My car is OK, but if it is really bad as you described then is something you would not expect from Toyota and you should push for solution. Maybe next time they will take more time to design interior. The issue is non critical from Toyota point of view so there is no fix for it. I think the same policy applies as in any big corporation. There is plenty of talk about customer satisfaction but management in reality is interested only in numbers. If cheap plastic can save money- they will use it.

It is very sad to see this debate almost spiralling out of control with the increasing intensity of negative postings but for those owners who have had problems which one would not normally associate with the Toyota name it must be a disheartening experience. Doubly sad is the fact that had the beancounters at Toyota spent a few more yen, and it would only have been a few, on better quality materials the Auris might have been up there with the best in class - but they didn't and it isn't.

Let's do the sums. When I decided to buy the Auris I expected to have to pay close to the asking price. However, as soon as I stepped inside the cabin for the first time I mentally knocked £2000 off the price and started haggling from that point. Eventually we agreed a figure with which I was satisfied and placed the order. Had the cabin been of better quality the salesman could have held out for a higher price (just as does VW) and although I would have twisted his arm behind his back in the end I would have paid. As it was I got a sizeable discount, the dealer made a lot less money on the sale but no doubt the beancounters are happy.

getting back into topic...

i have continuosly writtent to the dealer and HQ and for most i have had positive resolutions, my car is out of warranty already ( due to high mileage)

however it gets very tiresome to have this cycle;

suffer an issue-> repaired under warranty -> if the service has not been right , escalate the complaint-> get a resolution.... live with the car --- get another issue-> repair it -> if the service has not been right , escalate the compaint-> get a resolution... live with the car... etc etc etc...

To the point that I have now written my last letter to Toyotas GB detailing the last incident and telling them that it will be the last letter they receive from me, no more hassle no more "pain-in-the-*****" customer... just one customer lost.

Pay off this car alittle bit more and I will move back to Honda or Nissans as I now realise that there is no distinct advantage between Toyota and the rest of the Jap Manufacturers and I have little or no patience to live with for the majority of european manufacturers vehicles...

• 2 weeks later...

hi all fairly new but what was the steering coloum recall and what aurisis did it affect mine is a 58 plate t3 spec ,ihave a post about a clunck when going from lock to lock and now that snow has fallen i have a steering rattle when going over icey ruts on road ,thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hi all fairly new but what was the steering coloum recall and what aurisis did it affect mine is a 58 plate t3 spec ,ihave a post about a clunck when going from lock to lock and now that snow has fallen i have a steering rattle when going over icey ruts on road ,thanks

steering colum recal was regarding the possibility of the height adjust mecahnism becoming loose and allowing the steering colum to drop, whilst driving...

If I remember correctly...

what models are affected? you'll have to check the tech bulletins on the toyota website, alternatively ask the dealer and he'll tell you directly...

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/toms_cabs/EN/8K3E-480.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

My drivers seat feels as if it's broke.. The back of it? eg if you push into it, it feels as if it's moving a little? Would this be fixed under the warranty?

There's also a really bad creaking coming from the steering column..

Mr. T might be getting a long list of stuff thats wrong with my car very soon..

My drivers seat feels as if it's broke.. The back of it? eg if you push into it, it feels as if it's moving a little? Would this be fixed under the warranty?

There's also a really bad creaking coming from the steering column..

Mr. T might be getting a long list of stuff thats wrong with my car very soon..

Hey

Yes both should be covered under warranty.

Steering creaking sounds serious. I had the same problem. Had to have whole steering column changed. Act fast, dont compromise your safety!

Btw, regarding this topic:

The amount of claims are recalls everyones listing proves the Auris is not worth it. Especially the latest media coverage on the accelarator recall. I think toyota should seriously consider extending the warranty on Auris!

ABZ-T2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is my list:

- Rear break noise;

- Noises inside my car (fixed by dealer, shown up again)

- Direction not right (I have to turn a very little to the left for the car to go straight...)

- Turbo (GT1444v)

- Steering column

- Accelerator recall

- Front and rear light optics

- Lubrification of gearbox (it made a noise)

- Noise came from engine, such as a plastic making a small noise when car is working when stoped. Problem still remains

- Car seems like it "jumping" constantly (some tire?)

And that's it. I'm tired of these things, love the car, but things don't seem too happy...

Two year old Saab, 33,000miles. 9-3 1.9TiD 150 SW

yes, we all have our crosses to bear

yes, we all have our crosses to bear

and your list of warranty claims is ?

NATO

None

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links