Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Choosing Brakes For Yaris 1.3 Sr

teekay523

Hi there, i've just brought a 52 plates yaris sr, but the front disc was apparently warped. so i figured whilst i'm changing it i might aswell change the whole brake set. now i've gone onto www.ebcbrakesdirect.co.uk but having a heckuva time trying to find out which model mine is. i'm sure the sr was only made between 99-03 but at the side of the tag it doesn't mention ABS? now i'm under the impression that SR come with ABS as standard? when i click further onto the page it also gives me 2 sets of brake pads and discs ( not the uprated groove ones) but apparently there 2 different size discs and pads for the car. i've tried ringing the company but no help there as they never pick up. can anyone help me out with this one, i.e. which part no i need for my front pads and discs and rear drums? it'll be a great help if u can :)

TK

Measure your disk diameter and the width and depth of the pads.

And look at the spring alignment and pad shape. You also need to know if French or Japan built.

Much easier to go to a Toyota dealer who will take your reg number and get it right first time.

See ebay: there is at least one on there (Pendragon).

I had the same issues a real pia.

Had alot of problems with the green stuff pads, the ones that fitted my SR are under 1.3 99-05 (No ABS) even though it does have abs!

DP21225

I told EBC about this but they didnt change anything!

DP21295 are for the T sport, they are too wide for the 1.3 discs!

DP21446 are basically as wide as the above so wouldnt fit aswell!

If yours is a jap built 1.3 SR you want DP21225, they are pretty awesome on standard discs you will be happy :D

I had this issue when mine needed front brakes.

In the end,i just bought the standard Toyota discs & pads from the dealers and fitted them myself. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links