Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Miles Do You Get?

Zulley

Quick sell it.....don't waste time typing stories ;)

Yo big mac, welcome back.

Again, not sure to whom your comment is directed?

However, whilst you're about, I've tried everywhere regarding this 'couseling' product you mentioned to solve the rattling belts that annoy so many iQ owners.

Tried eBay, even been on to the dealership to see if they knew, but no luck. They suggested it might be a Dutch product that is unavailable here in the UK? In the end, I got four anti-rattle doobries from Halfords that simply wrap around the belts in question, job done.

Thanks anyway.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• telecasterisation

• BarryIQ

• turniphead

• curly kittten

Maybe best for all those IQ owners should be aware of these letters: R T F M.

Then the problem is non excisting..........typical driver error or an example that those owners need IQ instead of an IQ. :yawn: (or reading glasses perhaps)

Even better maybe money wise: trash it and collect 100% from then new value.....then buy an Audi S8......excellent car :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents.....

I bought my IQ 1.0 last week..........

full it with gas (I assume that will be 32lt based on the IQ specs) ....

I then reset trip A.....

The last fuel bar started flashing today and I had the following statistics......

510 Km done so far

Since I didn't know how many km I could drive before running out of gas I decided to fill it up again......and that was with 25,36lt

So that means that I had 32-25,36 = 6,5 ltr left in my fuel tank when the last fuel bar started flashing.

My average fuel consumption based on the IQ console is 4,8ltr/100km(which is an accurate calculation-510km in 25ltr)......therefore before running out of fuel I could have done about 140km more......

so total km in 32 ltr to 510+140=650km.......not bad at all for starters (I try to drive using techniques that maximize fuel economy- google hypermiling for more info)....

(Sorry for having the numbers in km and not in miles FYI)

Love the car by the way................................................

• 1 month later...

We've been on a European trip with our IQ. 2500 miles (60% motorways, A & B-roads, altitude range: -80m to 1800m) the consumption was amazing: 64-72mpg.

What we noticed: petrol in Europe is often better. After the first fuel up in Belgium the computer had to adjust the ignition and the performance improved too.

Road quality is also better ... all these could help to achieve the above figures.

Oh, the boot is also huge without the rear seats.

Some pictures:)

post-89006-127659217281_thumb.jpg

post-89006-127659227549_thumb.jpg

post-89006-127659228613_thumb.jpg

post-89006-12765923383_thumb.jpg

What a jolly interesting thread!

I note all the niggles and issues raised and find it very worthwhile to have other people's opinions on the IQ.

We noticed some of these niggles on our test drive, which was for a whole afternoon and about 50 miles. The fun we had with the car well outweighed the mostly minor issues. Any quirky car is going to be compromised somewhere, I would guess.

The only issue we contend with regularly is the visibility. Having driven a van a lot in my life, I found it easy to adapt my road positioning at junctions in order to improve the visibility. Every day I cross a junction that is approached at a very difficult angle of about 20 degrees, and find the fantastic turning circle/short length helps me swing the IQ at such an angle in order to negate the visibility issues. Sorry if that is not well explained - hope you get the picture.

Perhaps owners experiencing visibility problems could try this? It might work for some.

Well we took Rex away for the weekend, and filled him up as we left.

Up to that point the previous 235 miles since his tank was brimmed had been mostly stop start mileage round town (what he was bought for). He swallowed 21.52 litres and using 4.54 to convert to gallons rounds out as 49.57 mpg. This was mostly economical driving using the shift light as a guide. Our Impreza would achieve about 21 mpg under similar conditions, so we were not unhappy, as we have had a lot of fun doing those miles.

Anyway, we travelled a mix of 110 miles on A roads, again driving economically; plus 75 miles on motorway, at between 60-70 mph. So, next fill up 185 miles later and he swallowed 13.69 litres. This time 61.46 mpg !!

The trip back home was all motorway and totalled 163 miles. Now on this trip we enjoyed Rex a lot more. This was driving between 70-80 mph most of the trip, with a couple of short bursts up to 93 mph when overtaking only. At the end he swallowed 13.40 litres, averaging 55.25 mpg.

Make of that what you will.

We were surprised how good he was on the motorway. Usually we use a 3 litre petrol Subaru Legacy for these type of journeys, but found Rex just as comfortable and very quiet when cruising. I would surmise that he gives his best motorway economy at around 60mph with gentle use of the throttle. Start enjoying his abilities and he appears to be (obviously) less efficient as a result.

Well done Rex!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Peanut set a personal best today. I've used her for my commute this week and I've kept her coasting along as economically as I can. Because of that it added about 2-3 minutes to my journey time which is no great shakes. Previously the best I got was about 40mpg around town and maybe 43mpg tooting around country lanes. Today, Peanut recorded a much healthier 53mpg which I was very pleased with. Conversely, my wife's stop/start patient visits was not good for our new Polo. Her figures this week were 36mpg which is way short of the 58mpg we get on the freeway. Next week, she gets Peanut and I take the Polo. Her economy will drop to 40mpg around town which is better than 36mpg in the Polo. I'm looking forward to 58-60mpg in the Polo so this clearly proves Peanut will be better suited to her number of stop/starts.

As I imply, by lightening my foot on the pedal and not overrevving and accelerating smoothly and braking gently helps a lot. For sure, I've done nothing more than practice hypermiling but I'm well pleased with 53mpg from Peanut. It proves it can be done.

We now have 1200 miles on the clock. Mostly our commute consists of 5 miles each way in traffic with an average speed of about 8mph. We have never seen below 52mpg between fill ups and saw it averaging over 60mpg on a longer A road and motorway jaunt.

I have had my iQ since April and have covered nearly 6000 miles. I get between 51 to 58 mpg out of mine, which I think is good considering it is an automatic and most of my daily 90 mile commute is on the motorway.

My IQ average out at only around 43mpg...

I guess there is a big difference in fuel consumption between the manual and auto version.

I found it very hard to keep 100km/hr(62mph) on the part of the highway where it goes slgihtly uphill unless I step on the acceleration paddle real hard...

Same apply in any case when I want to go uphill... the fuel consumption also drop to below 17mpg...

The most annoying thing is... when I go uphill, the car consume alot more fuel when I only slightly step on the peddle and the engine does not seems to respond from the extra fuel it has consumed... Not untill I step right the peddle to the bottom :(

I use my iQ for commuting to work and everything I do on both journeys (there and back), is designed to maximise fuel economy. To get a reasonable return from a gallon of fuel, you have to leave your ego at home when driving the iQ.

Practically speaking, this involves a very light right foot, free-wheeling on gradients and taking it out of gear early if junction lights are not in my favour. This is the only method of attaining anywhere close to manufacturer's published figures.

When the wife has driven the kids to school on my mid-week days off, it displays an average MPG in the mid-forties. When I leave it, the average MPG is 58-62mpg.

The question of MPG centres firmly on driving style.

Concerning the issue of traversing gradients, is it better to put one's foot down and charge up the hill as quickly as possible, thereby burning more fuel for a shorter period of time, or is it preferable to climb the hill more slowly using slightly less fuel, but for a longer time? :huh:

Learnt my lesson with ""Quoted"" fuel consumption figures from Landrover Ltd.

22 MPG on a V8 Discovery they said. Never saw anything over 17 MPG. (That,s nearly a 25% differnce)

For some reason it never varied (or very little) either Town, Motorway or Towing.

Mind you pulling the 4 wheeled caravan with the IQ pulls the MPG figures down a bit, but the IQ has only done about 800 miles so far. Can only hope for an improvement.

Rgds

Mind you pulling the 4 wheeled caravan with the IQ pulls the MPG figures down a bit, but the IQ has only done about 800 miles so far. Can only hope for an improvement.

Rgds

It must improve going downhill though, with the caravan pushing the IQ. :D

I get 300 - 350 miles at best. Car has now done 15k

I get 300 - 350 miles at best.

....per gallon?.....that's pretty good isn't it? :lol:

I havent really had the wheels on long enough to notice to be honest! And I dont check my mpg as regularly as the others on here, so cant really comment...

I am only getting ~38-43mpg in a 1.0 CVT IQ... Its quite disappointing. I have been driving gently and the tyre pressure was pumped to ~37psi. Back seat was taken away to futher lower the weight of the car...

I guess the poor mpg figure could be due to the increased in width of the tyre from original 5.5" to now 7"...

I am only getting ~38-43mpg in a 1.0 CVT IQ... Its quite disappointing. I have been driving gently and the tyre pressure was pumped to ~37psi. Back seat was taken away to futher lower the weight of the car...

I guess the poor mpg figure could be due to the increased in width of the tyre from original 5.5" to now 7"...

That's about the same as I get out of my 1.0 CVT.

That's mainly on twisty-turney, hilly country roads, with most journeys under ten miles.

That's mainly on twisty-turney, hilly country roads, with most journeys under ten miles.

Did you modify the wheel?

I am sooooo jealous on those IQ owner who can drive up to 350miles and getting a 60+mpg figure on a manual one...

The difference in official mpg figure between CVT and manual are not as large as the actual figure... I am quite regret in getting the CVT version now :(

Best I've had so far is 430 miles from a full tank :)

IQ(1) 1.0 Manual

Although the subsequent fill-up after that took 34 litres, not bad to say the tank is only 32 litres. I was really cutting it fine there, it must have been running on fumes!

Wow... did Toyota not just lied on the fuel consumption figure but also lied about the fuel tank capacity?

If you can fill up 34L then it means the tank should contain at least abit more than 34L.

I guess you have probably squeezed that 2-3L extra fuel in the tube from the fuel tank to the refilling hole. :)

Did you modify the wheel?

I am sooooo jealous on those IQ owner who can drive up to 350miles and getting a 60+mpg figure on a manual one...

The difference in official mpg figure between CVT and manual are not as large as the actual figure... I am quite regret to get the CVT version now :(

Bog standard wheels, tyre pressures 33psi all round. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links