Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Miles Do You Get?

Zulley

I am sooooo jealous on those IQ owner who can drive up to 350miles and getting a 60+mpg figure on a manual one...

Same here, i have noticed that if i fill up the tank (i was told it was 35 litres) i get about 57mpg untill i get to under half and then it just plumets to 48mpg. I think the display lies anyway.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• telecasterisation

• BarryIQ

• turniphead

• curly kittten

Here's an update to post 81 on this thread.

Been doing some thrashing about in Rex around town over a distance of 92 miles, enjoying his nippy nature and ignoring the change-up light! Fill up and 46.7 mpg is the result of that.

Next we drive him from the south-east down to Cornwall, travel 174 miles - fill him up, and find we have got 54.54 mpg.

Drive him around Cornwall with lots of hills and stop-start, 252 miles - and fill him up before the trip home - 48.83 mpg.

The trip home (part way 208 miles) driving fairly gently where possible - 58.42 mpg.

Rex has now done 1344 miles.

Can't believe I am so interested in how Rex does on the mpg front. Daily driving in my Impreza gives between 19 - 22 mpg and around 9mpg (yes - 9) on track days. I am therefore not one to particularly worry about fuel consumption, but it seems such an interesting topic with the IQ. With the Impreza I think as an owner you just accept that performance will cost.

With Rex I'm happy with around 47-50mpg if I am enjoying his nippy nature round town, and know that I can improve on that if I change my driving style. We bought him for his quirky nature, and improvements in mpg over our Subarus we just see as an added bonus. And we did manage over 61 mpg once!!!

Roll on the next fill-up!!

I enjoy the mpg aspect of this car, turns it into a little game every day to see how high i can get the mpg.

I do a 8 mile journey to and from work, mainly in bad traffic - currently have the mpg on 58.5 but i've had better.

I set myself a goal and see if i can achieve it, makes driving fun - altho could be annoying for people around me ;p

just stick the display on avg mpg and see how high you can get it!

I enjoy the mpg aspect of this car, turns it into a little game every day to see how high i can get the mpg.

I do a 8 mile journey to and from work, mainly in bad traffic - currently have the mpg on 58.5 but i've had better.

I set myself a goal and see if i can achieve it, makes driving fun - altho could be annoying for people around me ;p

just stick the display on avg mpg and see how high you can get it!

Yes I know what you mean - what a game it is! I would not trust the computer to provide me with an accurate figure though, but it is fun to keep trying to get it higher. The highest of the week wins a bag of sweets!

Oh! Filled up last night to check on the remainder of the trip back from Cornwall - and was surprised by 63.05 mpg over the last 128 miles of the trip! That's the best figure yet!!

I'm down to 36.7 :(

I have been giving it some stick for the last couple of days though. :yes:

I'm down to 36.7 :(

I have been giving it some stick for the last couple of days though. :yes:

We are on the same boat...

Only done 300miles since new so far

The Car: IQ1 1.0L Manual

Conditions: 90% of the time 2 people in the car. 22 mile round trip daily commuting in London (max speed 40mph - rare - ave mph ~11-20).

First fill up since new this morning netted the following:

Pump to Pump (my calc): 51.4 mpg

Onboard comp thinks its: 52 mpg

Not bad for city driving and consumption gets better with age I hear.

Update: 600 miles since new, now getting 54 mpg (my calc not trip comp). Trips exactly the same as above so increasing mpg with age must be true?

• 2 weeks later...

IQ -1.0 manual

2173 miles to date – temp 17 to 24 deg C

Trips average 15 miles

Less than 50mph - two or three mad moments reached 60!

20 litres from flashing gauge (I don’t run on full tank - extra weight)

262 miles = 59.5 mpg - Air Con on briefly a couple of times.

221 miles = 50.2 mpg - Air Con on all the time.

Air con increases fuel consumption by 2 miles per litre approx. :bored:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links