Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Miles Do You Get?

Zulley

Sorry if theres another thread already. But,

Ive had it a week, done 190miles and its cost me just under £25 which seems alot for a 998cc especially compared to my old fiesta which even had a leaky fuel tank.

Im driving it normally, even changing gear when the green shift light comes on.

Is this just how it is and im whittling on about nothing?

Also when the last light on the fuel tank is flashing, how many miles should i have left?

Thanx in advance.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• telecasterisation

• BarryIQ

• turniphead

• curly kittten

There have been numerous discussions on threads on this, but maybe not all in the same place.

From brand new the first few tanks of petrol will go quickly. It's only when you reach 3,000 or so miles that the engine starts performing to it's optimum efficiency, i.e. returning better mpg.

When the last petrol 'blob' starts flashing then most of us can get 50-60 miles from it, but this will vary on your driving style / conditions.

My 1.3 gets 45 - 50 mpg. Not bad considering its mostly town driving and rev counter sits around 5000 rpm most of the time ;)

Having driven the 1.0 and 1.3, I found the 1.3 a lot better on A roads and motorway, and if you liked to drive above 50mph, the MPG was better too.

Ive had it a week, done 190miles and its cost me just under £25 which seems alot for a 998cc especially compared to my old fiesta which even had a leaky fuel tank.

Also when the last light on the fuel tank is flashing, how many miles should i have left?

Thanx in advance.

Done 1400 ish miles on my 1.33, Get about 240 miles between fills costing £28 to fill it. All town driving and cold engine most of the time.

Thanx in advance.

Done 1400 ish miles on my 1.33, Get about 240 miles between fills costing £28 to fill it. All town driving and cold engine most of the time.

I get around 48-52 around town and over 60 on a run, bit dissapointed as never seem to get the average of 65 as claimed, wonder how they did that? On the back of an AA relay truck? lol

But its a lot better than the 16-18mpg I was getting out the jag.

i,ve had my iq for 2 weeks its the 1.0 litre,i,m getting an average of 56 mpg travelling on country roads lanes doing 30 miles a day,i,m still getting used to driving it so it should get better :rolleyes:

hi

iv done 9500 miles in my IQ 1.33 and i do a lot of motorway driving but im getting about 340 miles to one tank costing just under 30 pounds to me thats amazing considering my last car was a ford focus 2.5 ST and i got 280 miles for sixty pounds of fuel so im getting more than double for my money so i think its ace. however it is boring and slow to drive so will be getting rid of it soon hopefully for a focus RS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• 2 weeks later...

If you click my fuely link in my signature it shows the consumption of my Roadster, Anne's previous car the Aygo and now the IQ.

I must say that after the latest fill up I am very disappointed in the figures, in fact it is nearly on a par with my Roadster :o 40mpg is quite cruddy in my opinion... :(

If you click my fuely link in my signature it shows the consumption of my Roadster, Anne's previous car the Aygo and now the IQ.

I must say that after the latest fill up I am very disappointed in the figures, in fact it is nearly on a par with my Roadster :o 40mpg is quite cruddy in my opinion... :(

Must agree with you there Les.......................I am currently getting 40+ MPG from my 1.7 Mercedes :)

Maybe the IQ will improve as it gets some more miles on the clock :thumbsup:

ive had my iq for a month, my mpg has gone up to 63 on my last trip out, did 70 miles on various roads, hills and plenty of traffic lights,and thats with 2 of us in the car and some bits and bobs in the back.i was only getting around 48mpg when i started.

Must agree with you there Les.......................I am currently getting 40+ MPG from my 1.7 Mercedes :)

Maybe the IQ will improve as it gets some more miles on the clock :thumbsup:

I've logged every drop of petrol used since getting the iq using Fuelly. We've been getting between 50 and 56mpg with maybe 50/50 urban/extra-urban driving. Whilst I'm delighted at the money i am saving compared to our Impreza, i'm not totally impressed with Toyota's consumption claims. Try as i might I cannot get close to their figures! I am suprised that some people are getting such low figures though. I'll be interested to see what happens with my consumption as the mileage starts to increase.

Well the IQ has been filled up again and once again it is returning 40 mpg CLICKY, maybe the reason there isn't any road tax on the IQ is to off set the cruddy fuel consumption.

Has anyone thought that the "not what expected" average mpg could be due to all the electrical gadgets and auto air con etc? just a thought, as my iQ2 is set alot of the time to auto and surely haveing all these gadgets running in the background must have an effect? I had an Aygo before and the spec compared to the iQ is a bit spartan. So i wouldnt be surprised with the Aygo getting a tad better mpg even though its technically the same engine. Though I must add I havent really noticed a major difference in fuel consumption from my ex 09 Aygo to my new iQ and ive only done 500 miles so can only get better!

Ok, these last few weeks my mpg has dropped from avg of 45 to about 38 now, mainly because of aircon to demist, heaters on full, lights, standing still to defrost, lack of grip and cold engine. Roll on summer!

The cold weather has definatly effected my IQ. I can get around 400 kms per tank now, but when the weather was warmer this elevated to around 450.

i've had a 1.0 since November and got the dodgy fuel/trip display too. Definitely an official problem and dealer committed to fix (replace odometer). MORE WORRYINGLY, fule consumption is absolutely disasterous - driven carefully and inline with the green up/down arrows is giving LOW 40s!!! Dealer has now done extended tests and checks directly from ECU and recorded 42.3mpg. Toyota seem content to say the 65mpg figures is not there's (see VCA.org) but at the same time are happy to heavily promote this vehicle's economy and the combined cycle figures. Anyone else feel they've been duped and ripped off??!!

i've had a 1.0 since November and got the dodgy fuel/trip display too. Definitely an official problem and dealer committed to fix (replace odometer). MORE WORRYINGLY, fule consumption is absolutely disasterous - driven carefully and inline with the green up/down arrows is giving LOW 40s!!! Dealer has now done extended tests and checks directly from ECU and recorded 42.3mpg. Toyota seem content to say the 65mpg figures is not there's (see VCA.org) but at the same time are happy to heavily promote this vehicle's economy and the combined cycle figures. Anyone else feel they've been duped and ripped off??!!

I've finally got a go in our iq cvt. 309 miles and it took 26.5 litres to full. That was after a combination of runs, including Carrying 4 adults last Saturday and a couple of goes sat waiting for the windows to clear with the air con on.

Yesterday I drove just over 100 miles, mostly on the motorway and mostly at 70mph and the onboard system said 56mpg at the end of the journey. It was showing over 58 until I started going around the city centre

I have a 1.0 iQ2 with 4700 bought last March

Recently have been getting 46 mpg, but that with winter conditions and lots of roadworks, My average speed on a 7 mile journey to work is 6.8 mph !!!!!

Before that was around 56mpg still all town driving to and from work and the shops.

If I take the IQ to work, mostly out of town roads, I get 52-54 mpg, if my wife takes it, in town, it falls to 48-50, she does mainly stop-start stuff, mine is free flowing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links