Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Argument Has Broke Out! (with A Chav)

johnmaher

A mate of mine swears blind that his cousins renault 5 turbo would kill a Tsport! I laughed cos there a 1400cc turbo single cylinder 8 valve, but it is very light and about 160bhp per ton!

I said would it beat a type R? He replied no! And we all know Tsports just have that edge over them.

What do you lot think bout it and old school cars?

A mate of mine swears blind that his cousins renault 5 turbo would kill a Tsport! I laughed cos there a 1400cc turbo single cylinder 8 valve, but it is very light and about 160bhp per ton!

I said would it beat a type R? He replied no! And we all know Tsports just have that edge over them.

What do you lot think bout it and old school cars?

Just be very careful with what you say here mate, you need to be wary of who read these forums...

... but on a 1/4 drag I reckon it would be really close as like you say the Renault is really light, but on a longer run the CTS would hammer it...

... and as far as I'm aware CTR are faster and better track cars than the CTS

single cylinder

I don't really know anything about them, but I always thought they were a straight four?

single cylinder

I don't really know anything about them, but I always thought they were a straight four?

sorry, they are, i meant single cam lol

A mate of mine swears blind that his cousins renault 5 turbo would kill a Tsport!
That might be the case, but according to these pages the Renault 5 is more likely to kill the driver than the Toyota...

http://www.safecarguide.com/mak/renault/idx.htm

http://www.safecarguide.com/mak/toyota/idx.htm

Would you rather be faster or alive?

It depends on the car...

It it is actually a Renault 5 Turbo it'll murder it, (they were the mid engined clamshelled RWD rally homoligation cars).

What it probably is is a Renault 5 GT Turbo, which is the FWD one that you usually see, commonly just called turbos .

That said if it has been modified it could be very quick, I have had a run in with one in a soarer TT. Naturally my car was faster, but not by a big margin!

single cylinder

sorry, they are, i meant single cam lol

We came close to buying one for my wife (not the turbo version), but that was more than thirty years ago - she finished up with a Mini. It's difficult now to imagine that they would meet modern standards.

I remember being behind one of these quite a few years back at traffic lights he had a clear road in front of him and when the lights turned to green I remember just sitting there thinking **** that was quick, he had just given it the welly from the line and was gone in a flash.

I remember being behind one of these quite a few years back at traffic lights he had a clear road in front of him and when the lights turned to green I remember just sitting there thinking **** that was quick, he had just given it the welly from the line and was gone in a flash.

would you give him a go at the lights???

did the eye lids turn up?

EERRRRRRR No, sorry but they dont.

Stock Type r agaist a stock T sport the Type R has the edge over the T sport, all day long... if anyone says they have beaten a Type R there either lier or the Type R was playing with them.

Joel

would you give him a go at the lights???

did the eye lids turn up?

I probably would, it would be really close though they are such a small car. It would be worth a go just to find out. If I am not mistaken when all these hot hatches came out these were the quickest in the class.

No eyelids yet, waiting behind the door for the post :lol:

do not underestimat the 5 turbo, they are very very quick and i would think that on the strip it would do a TSport. however they wernt the most reliable of cars so you would soon catch it when it broke down.

a mate of mine had one and it seemed like a head gasket and turbo were regular service items.

just remember that talk of racing on a public road is against the T&C. keep it on the track people :thumbsup:

It's pretty unlikely the R5T would even make it to the start line, anyway, just look at it! i'd rather be beaten than have to be seen in one!

EERRRRRRR No, sorry but they dont.

Stock Type r agaist a stock T sport the Type R has the edge over the T sport, all day long... if anyone says they have beaten a Type R there either lier or the Type R was playing with them.

Joel

Errrr, sorry but there are CTR's with slower 1/4 mile times than CTS's at Santa Pod ;)

Plus someone posted up an article comparing the two cars in the wet... where the CTS was much quicker...

:lol: :lol:

I googled images of the R5T and it looks insane! lol, Renault could have done with a better financed design department... :lol2:

Unless they went for function over form... :huh:

Do not underestimate the 5 Turbo, not sure how many of you have driven one but i have, about 15 yrs ago, they are very quick because they are very light.

Hard to compare because it was sooooo long ago, but from what i remember, it wouldn't be a walk over.

Just dont crash in one, the paper panels will fold like Origami.....

I googled images of the R5T and it looks insane! lol, Renault could have done with a better financed design department... :lol2:

If you look at any Renault car from that era they are all bland. Remember it was the 80's.

If you look at any Renault car from that era they are all bland. Remember it was the 80's.

But the 80's gave use the GTi! :lol:

i must admit that my first car was a 1989 orion 16i ghia, it died so i got another one exactly the same!! lol

:lol::lol:

i must admit that my first car was a 1989 orion 16i ghia, it died so i got another one exactly the same!! lol

Ah the old CVH engines, bloody lazy ***** starters .... but we loved em .. :thumbsup:

i love the sierra cosworth from that era . old man had one rwd 4star fuel ....lush.

i love the sierra cosworth from that era . old man had one rwd 4star fuel ....lush.

thats one of my all time fave cars!!! the old XR4i! 2.8v6 mmmmmmm petrol!!!!! lol