Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Know Im Prob Gonna Sound Stupid

Nahim

ok guys this will sound stupid to some but there is always talk of cleaning the MAF sensor now im no expert but i am just wondering how this would be done what would be best way to clean, also where i would look for this sensor lol i have messed about which is prob not the best idea,

but as im off tomorrow i thought i would play around with the car and try this, there is me thinking things are going wrong with the car cant get any worse lol i may regret my experiments but lets see

some advice would be great pics on what to do would be even better

thanks guys

Nahim

ok guys this will sound stupid to some but there is always talk of cleaning the MAF sensor now im no expert but i am just wondering how this would be done what would be best way to clean, also where i would look for this sensor lol i have messed about which is prob not the best idea,

but as im off tomorrow i thought i would play around with the car and try this, there is me thinking things are going wrong with the car cant get any worse lol i may regret my experiments but lets see

some advice would be great pics on what to do would be even better

thanks guys

Nahim

the MAF sensor is found on the inlet pipe to the engine just after the air box. Dont know that much on cleaning other than a good electrical cleaner for the connection block to the actual sensor. Hope this helps!

Chris

its a while since i have come accross this but we had to do loads of these at the dealership, the maf sensor fitted to your car should be a hot wire type i think, when you take the sensor unit out, the actual sensor looks like a little resistor, these often get covered in a soduim type deposit and can affect the reading the sensor sends to the ecu, causing the car to run poorly, if you see something that looks like a little fuzzy resistor, give it a spray of brake/clutch cleaner, and if you have one a blow with a compressor blower, then leave for a little while to make sure the cleaners gone, then put it back in, if you have a code up, you may need to clear it, if i remember correctly if you put a short pin between the fourth pin from the left on the top and the fourth pin from the right on the bottom row of the dlc port and then put the ignition on you should get a flash code, which should clear if you stmap on the brake pedal 8 times in 5 seconds, otherwise you can disconnect the Battery for a couple of minutes, and that should work to,

i think thats about right, hope it helps

^

Regarding the description that is why this version of MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is sometimes refered to as a 'Hot Wire' type Air Flow Sensor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links