Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Winter In London :)

Macaronn

it's properly snowing in London,tought may post couple pics :thumbsup:

post-86799-1261085698_thumb.jpg

post-86799-1261085768_thumb.jpg

sorry guys, previous pics were massive , should be better now!

it's really fun to drive in this conditions :thumbsup:

post-86799-1261087160_thumb.jpg

post-86799-1261087195_thumb.jpg

these are YOKOHAMA PARADA SPEC 2, in my opinion one of the best on the market!

My drive just took 6.5 hours from Hull to Mulbarton (just outside Norwich) after getting stuck in blizzard conditions around 30 miles from Norwich. I got properly stuck after helping someone else out, in the end I had to get some peeps and a policeman to push me then let me follow the gritter til the worst affected area was gone. It wasn't too bad after that, fair bit of snow but driveable, before that it just wasn't, I couldn't even keep it in a straight line before I was stuck

Any Yaris Tsport people on here with Eagle F1 tires, don't bother going out if it's a blizzard, that is NOT serious tire, at least not in Winter anyway.

I went out to have fun and practice winter driving in a parking lot. It was so much fun, I wish I could turn off the !Removed! VSC. Anyway it seems not to be very reliably, sometimes it kicked in too early, sometimes going sideway with a bit of help from the handbrake it didn't even bother to beep. Also the ABS is not the best on ICE.

haha yeh it was snowing all last night as I was working on the GTi :lol:

It's gotta be nasty handling a FWD car like that in the snow and ice! :lol::unsure:

I just abandoned my car slewed accross the road and walked home :lol:

I just hope it is there tomorrow, I'm not worried about it being nicked, just sliding off down the hill.....

Snow hasn't gone around here, well hardly anymore fell today but it's not disappearing.

It was fun in the Yaris in a side road earlier, we were rocking to & fro quite a bit but I got there as it was awfully slippy :)

these are YOKOHAMA PARADA SPEC 2, in my opinion one of the best on the market!
oh ok ,thats a serious tyre .

Not in this weather they aren't, if you look at the sidewall (small print) you will find something similar to what is on the Yokohama website..

PARADA Spec-2 tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

Parada and Parada Spec 2 are summer tyres only, as such it is not a recommended fitment during our winter months... performance can be somewhat compromised, couple that with the fact that the rubber compound of those tyres isn't designed for low temperatures you might find possible tyre failure can occur.

Having said that I ran Parada Spec 2's on my MR2 for a while, I found the dry grip exceptional and I didn't have any problems in the very limited time I had them on in cold weather (drove the car like a granny though), be very carefull with them and be aware the use you are currently giving them isn't what they are designed for.

I run summer tyres.....

Which is why my car has been abandoned lol.

I'm not talking about the tread pattern, I mean that the rubber compound of the Parada's. (just to cler up any possible misunderstandings)

I run summer tyres.....

Strange, I have exactly the same tyres on my Aygo and I haven't experienced any difficulties :lol:

Must be the driver :toast:

Paul.

I run summer tyres.....

Strange, I have exactly the same tyres on my Aygo and I haven't experienced any difficulties :lol:

Must be the driver :toast:

Paul.

I think a lot depends upon the extent to which the car systems allow you to control the torque being applied to the driving wheels.

Last winter I discovered that my Lexus IS 250 automatic would, in even a limited amount of compacted snow and on a quite gentle incline, spin a single rear wheel and go nowhere, even with no accelerator applied. 200+ b.h.p; auto gear box; no limited slip differential; rear-wheel drive; 245/45 17" summer tyres - not a good recipe for driving on snow. And let me say that several clever dicks who sought to show me how to do it couldn't move the car either.

Which is why I am now driving something else . . . . . :rolleyes:

I run a clever LSD and and proper traction stability control that when you turn it off, goes off. (unlike the Mercedes systems for example)

Paul you didn't have to go up my drive though. There is no way your Aygo could have made it.

As an idea of slipperyness the wheelbarrow full of grit today slid down... sideways.

I followed on my *****.

Well all I can say is we have not tried the roadster today!!! Mind you haven't driven the IQ either, just stayed in all day...........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :unsure:

Oh this cold weather I hate it :censor: and.... I HATE SNOW :censor: :censor:

I have not driven my car today but I have to say that it coped very nicely yesterday even though the wheels did slip a couple of times :yes:

Oh this cold weather I hate it :censor: and.... I HATE SNOW :censor: :censor:

I have not driven my car today but I have to say that it coped very nicely yesterday even though the wheels did slip a couple of times :yes:

You think you hate snow!? I was in the garage until 2am with the snow flying about the place whenever I needed to go back inside to get anything. Then I slipped with the intake manifold and it gave my chin a smack! :crybaby:

I shall share in your hatred..... :angry:

It's Bloody Winter in more places than London :angry:

Here in Ireland we have had Hail, snow, -6 degrees at night, black ice & the forecast of more to come. :wacko:

I haven't won the lottery yet, so it is my turn :yahoo: & I'm going to live in the Languedoc region of France :thumbsup: I'll come back to live in Ireland for the months of June, July & August..................................MAYBE :unsure: :lol2:

Here in Ireland we have had Hail, snow, -6 degrees at night, black ice & the forecast of more to come. :wacko:

I haven't won the lottery yet, so it is my turn :yahoo: & I'm going to live in the Languedoc region of France :thumbsup: I'll come back to live in Ireland for the months of June, July & August..................................MAYBE :unsure: :lol2:

After fixing up my GTi for me of course! :D :lol: ;)

After fixing up my GTi for me of course! :D :lol: ;)

Naturally :rolleyes::thumbsup:

I'll bring it out with me & fix it in the warm :lol2: