Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Suck

eddieinvader

Toyota suck!

I went to my main dealer today the place I purchased my car from less than six months ago.

I went in to find out what they knew about this lift bolt business and all I got was the cold shoulder, the guy behind the counter did not want to know all he could say was we have had no problems with that only some oil consumption issues on the earlier models and that is it.

I have previously phoned them to enquire about this and was advised to speak to their head mechanic this is the second time I have been in to see if I could ask him about this and both times have been told that he is to busy.

I mentioned this today to the sales person I dealt with when I purchased the car and told him that his dealership sucks as it seems as now they have had my money they don't give a monkeys, I feel very let down by their attitude towards the customer pity their service is not as reliable as their cars.

Has anyone else had a raw deal with their dealer or are mine the only pigs?

What is the dealer called?

Mine is still under warranty, hope they are more helpful

can you not go to any main Toyota dealer??

yeah the main dealers dont seem to know much about the lift bolts breaking i put it down to them only seeing newish cars.

mine are useless aswell! i was after a connector and i asked ok this is the connector, he couldnt find it....i gave him the part no and he said it didnt exist. I go do you have a manual or database with diagrams of connectors.

He replied: Yes

When he said yes i thought RESULT....I was wrong

I then said would it be in there he said "I dont know as we no longer have the book its missing"

......at this point i was like right so what can i do to locate this part.....he goes get the part number.

Now i started boiling at this point and thought how on earth did you get a job if you want me to do your job for you???? Funny thing is i gave him the part number. In the end we got knowhere i go thanks and said bye. Most people nowadays working there really need some training and educating on what they sell and deal with.

Lift bolts was not really a problem on the corollas as much as the celicas but there was a recall on it for the celica so dealers should know we have the same engine.

Im a bit unhappy with the service with lindop brothers aswell lately....i really dont want to bring this up but john is a great guy to deal with but when i have to deal with someone else its just a mission. I have a part on order which should have arrived this wednesday as i was told. I waited for a call on wednesday but to no avail did i get a call. I then phoned queensferry branch and the receptionist is always really polite and tried to put me through but it just kept ringing. In the end i was put through to another department and they said no one is in the parts department i can leave them a message. So i explained this part is needed urgently and i am willing to pay extra to have it here ASAP......Regardless no one could help because there was no one in the parts department. So i was told to leave my contact details and they would get back to me. Well guess what its now friday.......i have had no calls or voicemails ..........so roll on monday dissapointed. Considering my last order didnt go to well im also not best pleased with this one.

yeah im not a fan of my local one somerset county cars . they tried to tell me my old E11 had 2 auxiallary drive belts then when i proved it didnt they insullted my car.bunch of smarmans and they prices they charge my god.

yeah my dealership where i got my car 7months back is terrible too.bought the car thinking i was getting a years toyota as this is the case with buying a used toyota from a toyota dealership. 5months in engine develops a rattle took it in found out i wasnt covered because the dealership didnt see fit to include it with my deal so i was basically told to beat it unless i wanted to Shell out for labour for there mechanics to look at it :crybaby:

Ive got only good things to say about my main dealership, the parts guy had a couple of gti's and is very helpfull!

Also when ive gone in and picked up expensive parts (manifold, etc!) the main guy lets me have discount!

im a fairly young guy and they say they like to see someone working on the old gti's!

every time i go and have something checked however minor they wash and vacuum it for me even though i do that regularly!

So they are in my good books bcoz I didnt even buy the car from them! :yahoo:

unfortunate to hear about everyone elses bad experiences!

My local dealer is usually spot on... suppose it helps that the service manager had a CTS ;)

:lol:

Gordy75 Posted Today, 05:46 PM

Ive got only good things to say about my main dealership, the parts guy had a couple of gti's and is very helpfull!

Also when ive gone in and picked up expensive parts (manifold, etc!) the main guy lets me have discount!

im a fairly young guy and they say they like to see someone working on the old gti's!

every time i go and have something checked however minor they wash and vacuum it for me even though i do that regularly!

So they are in my good books bcoz I didnt even buy the car from them!

Agreed :yahoo:

My local Toyota dealer is very enthusiastic about getting parts for older Toyotas - a sort of "Toyota bulit it so it's always going to be our responsibility" :thumbsup:

I have been able to get any part I ask for regarding my 1980's GTi and he also got me some parts for a 1970's Celica GT. The only time ever that they have been stumped with me was when I required a handbrake cable for '73 Crown; but fair play they contacted many other dealers asking if one was on the shelf as old stock.

Regarding discount I was informed by them that there is a policy of Toyota dealers giving a discount on parts when wanting parts for Toyotas over 12 year old.

Toyota suck!

I went to my main dealer today the place I purchased my car from less than six months ago.

I went in to find out what they knew about this lift bolt business and all I got was the cold shoulder, the guy behind the counter did not want to know all he could say was we have had no problems with that only some oil consumption issues on the earlier models and that is it.

I have previously phoned them to enquire about this and was advised to speak to their head mechanic this is the second time I have been in to see if I could ask him about this and both times have been told that he is to busy.

I mentioned this today to the sales person I dealt with when I purchased the car and told him that his dealership sucks as it seems as now they have had my money they don't give a monkeys, I feel very let down by their attitude towards the customer pity their service is not as reliable as their cars.

Has anyone else had a raw deal with their dealer or are mine the only pigs?

your not alone my local garage are THE biggest shower of ************ ever, took my car to them because i got rear ended one day,no big deal just a bumper and a paint job so left it in to get fixed, a week later i call them to see if its ready but they wont answer the fone keep putting me on hold and hanging up,so eventually they call me to say that they had taken my car out for a so called "test run" and crashed it!! so i go up and see it :angry: could have killed somone my beautiful car was no more a write off! so then they try and say dont worry about it and all this crap were gonna fix it?? so they try an fix it makin a complete hash of it 2 different colours and wat not and basically said here u go thats the best your gonna get now **** off it angers meeven thinkin about it!!

You must introduce me to this man... there are just so few!!! :crybaby::lol:

wat happened you?

wat happened you?

Nothing mate I just wish that I could see more GTi's and get more knowledge about them. I only know what I read and what I learn from doing what I do with it. There seem to be many members here who own GTi's but there are so few whom are active and/or regulars. :(

Also it never hurts to know someone who knows what they're talking about, which it's been so great knowing Dawesy! :lol: ;)