Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xmas Number One

Insanity-74

You call it dross.... I am disappointed with you :angry:

I much prefer to call it *@#+$£& <~=? :ffs: :censor:

;) :lol:

I've got nothing against the lad who won the X Factor and I'm sure he's a nice enough chap.... I think Cowell was quick to pull out the "bullying" card earlier on this week claiming the Facebook group was "bullying" the winner of the X Factor..... absolutely not true. This is not about that lad, this is about the charts and Cowells reign over them and the monotonous yearly cover version that that X Factor winner pulls out of the bag. This is the people saying "We don't want another awful cover version as Christmas Number One", the people spoke, I hope Cowell gets off his money-stained throne and listens.

Because the only person who does and will ever benefit from the X Factor, it's winners (and it's losers) is Simon Cowell.

I personally didn't want his smug grin all over the papers with the 5th X-Factor Xmas No.1..... so Rage Against The Machine was a blessing. I'm glad I downloaded it, I'm glad it went to Number One and most importantly of all, I'm glad to be supporting a worthy charity (Shelter) which all the royalties are going towards, rather than lining Cowells pockets, because quite frankly, he doesn't need the money.

And to all those cynics who said you couldn't take on the X Factor and win, we proved you wrong as well. People power does work.

Maybe next year Simon Cowell will actually be interested in singer/songwriters and a truly original stab at the Christmas Number One..... an X Factor winner NOT doing a cover, absurd! Or is it?

Rock Rules.

Stuff all this fabricated B*******

I'm with Em on this one.

When I was young the Christmas number 1 was a massive thing, everyone wanted it. Lately it's been whoever won the X factor - no competition for the number one spot thanks to 3 months of publicity.

Joe won the X factor and good luck to him, but that shouldn't automatically guarantee the Christmas number 1, it cheapens the whole chart if that' s the case.

Hooray for us - and a real band with real instruments sticking it to the man !

I have no idea what the No 1 sounds like.

Neither do I......................"BBC radio will not play it as it contains offensive language".................was quoted tonight on BBC radio.

But they play a censored version of Lily Allen! :rolleyes:

the Lily Allen stuff isn't quite as sweary as Killing in the name.

I remember first hearing it on the top 40 when it was originally released - they accidentally played the normal version on Sunday teatime, Radio 1. How we laughed !!!!!!!

the Lily Allen stuff isn't quite as sweary as Killing in the name.

I remember first hearing it on the top 40 when it was originally released - they accidentally played the normal version on Sunday teatime, Radio 1. How we laughed !!!!!!!

It was played this week on radio 5 as an edited version until the end of the song but they forgot to cut the end.

& Journey's Don't Stop Believing made #9 without any hype, Facebook campaigns etc. ... :)

All well and good but people seems to have lost track of the fact that one poor tune from a manufactured pop act has been replaced by another poor tune from another manufactured pop act.

Wouldn't exactly call that a win.

I heard Killing in the Name played on Radio 1 and was delighted they didn't play it more often :D

Paul.

Joe McElderry....signed to............ Sony Records

RATM................backcatalogue?... Sony Records

The winner....Simon Cowell and Sony Records

(All your No1s are belong to us)

A couple of Xmas No.1 lists

http://www.everyhit.com/christmasnumber1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_number_one

If the aim of this campaign was to reduce sales and profits for an individual or company then the effect has been just to increase sales of both artists. What it has shown is that it is just as easy to incite mob behavior using the internet as it is with three months of TV programming.

Maybe it would have been more effective for everyone to not purchase anything from the charts in the week before Xmas?

I have no idea what the No 1 sounds like.

Neither do I......................"BBC radio will not play it as it contains offensive language".................was quoted tonight on BBC radio.

But they play a censored version of Lily Allen! :rolleyes:

They played it on Radio 1 at 7.30 this morning.... albeit censored! Radio 1 have played it loads, so not sure who at BBC Radio said that.....

What happened to the good old 'Christmassy' records??????????????????????????????????

They were ruined by Sir Cliff Richard :lol: :lol2:

Rage Against The Machine ????? Who ? .... I have to say , what a great pile of steaming horse cack :horse: , one of the worst records i've ever heard

i admit its not very christmassy :unsure: however i loved Rage 1st time round and its great to hear it again :D

i would like to see a proper Christmas number 1 though :newyear:

I was just glad it wasn't X-Factor once again laying it's hands on the no.1 Xmas spot - don't quite get why that RATM song was chosen but the principle of it being no.1 is good. Shame they are both under Sony though. :unsure::rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links