Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mailfunction Light

jibbbbbb

hi all , aint been on for a while due to work . hope you are all well ( ravs that is ) . any way got up today to go shopping , went out to start the rav to let it warm up a bit , and for the first time ever it did not start first time. anyway i had only drove 30 yards when i noticed the MAILFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT had came on , never seen this before and hope i never do again . it went of after about 5 mins, and has not came on sinces . as soon as i got back i check the hand book , omg first thing i read was the boost pressure in the turbo charger is abnormally high , omg not a new turbo , after not that long ago having the dmf changed i am thinking , oh no not more money . but having sat and thought about it the car was covered in snow and the inlet on the bonnet was nearly covered in snow just wondering if it that could of been the problem , ie when i started it this morning it sucked in some snow and that may be the reason why it did not start first time , and for the reason why the malfuntion light came on after for that short time , well thats what i am hoping . any kind responce would be great , but if it is the turbo i afraid my baby will have to go , just cant afford a new turbo at the moment .

cheers jibb

hi all , aint been on for a while due to work . hope you are all well ( ravs that is ) . any way got up today to go shopping , went out to start the rav to let it warm up a bit , and for the first time ever it did not start first time. anyway i had only drove 30 yards when i noticed the MAILFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT had came on , never seen this before and hope i never do again . it went of after about 5 mins, and has not came on sinces . as soon as i got back i check the hand book , omg first thing i read was the boost pressure in the turbo charger is abnormally high , omg not a new turbo , after not that long ago having the dmf changed i am thinking , oh no not more money . but having sat and thought about it the car was covered in snow and the inlet on the bonnet was nearly covered in snow just wondering if it that could of been the problem , ie when i started it this morning it sucked in some snow and that may be the reason why it did not start first time , and for the reason why the malfuntion light came on after for that short time , well thats what i am hoping . any kind responce would be great , but if it is the turbo i afraid my baby will have to go , just cant afford a new turbo at the moment .

cheers jibb

I can't really comment in detail but I had my turbo'd number 1 RAV out today (the one I use for racing) and it did not like the cold snow/damp conditions until the engine had reached normal temperature. I have the opposite light issue to you tho.... my engine warning light stays on...which is good news. If it blinks or goes out, then its an immediate switch off required!!

Well I certainly wouldn't over-react to that Jibb. This weather can cause all sorts of strange things to happen so leave it and let us know if it does it again.

So nice to see your avitar again - err I mean you again!!!

Well I certainly wouldn't over-react to that Jibb. This weather can cause all sorts of strange things to happen so leave it and let us know if it does it again.

So nice to see your avitar again - err I mean you again!!!

thanks for the replys , same again this morning, started ok but not first time i no it cold, on my van i have to warm plugs up twice in this weather ( diesal van ) . today the light came on again this time it went of after about 30 secounds , just hope your right mate , and its the weather . and just for you got a new avater a xmas one mmmmmmm lol put it on later .. this ones a little bit more lol ... :D :D :D

Did you ever get a code reader. It woulkd be useful to know what it is unhappy about in the cold.

Did you ever get a code reader. It woulkd be useful to know what it is unhappy about in the cold.

Obviously you've made the above comment to make sure we are awake ;)..........................

but, it's a VX diesel, so pre-EOBD requirement. Does it do E-OBD or OBD?

If not, can you get cheap code readers that do Toyota proprietary protocol? :unsure:

You can of course get the DTC, by connecting pin 13 to pin 4 on the diagnostic socket (DLC3) and watching the flash codes of the MIL. :thumbsup:

Did I pass the test or was it a trick post? :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links