Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ice On Inside?

igo-ugo-wego

Anyone experienced the joys of having to scrape the inside of the wendscreen because it has 'iced' over? When I foned mr T they sed its normal! For an 09 plate? Lol

Well, yes, I have experienced that joy. There's too much water in the car, but it may be hard to find it. Possible locations: 1. in the venting system. Turn the heater up and the air conditioning off for the last two miles of any journey (and use the recirculation sparingly). This allows the water in the air conditioning system to be shed before the next trip. 2. Water ingress through the rubbers, which accumulates under the carpet. Good luck!

Well, yes, I have experienced that joy. There's too much water in the car, but it may be hard to find it. Possible locations: 1. in the venting system. Turn the heater up and the air conditioning off for the last two miles of any journey (and use the recirculation sparingly). This allows the water in the air conditioning system to be shed before the next trip. 2. Water ingress through the rubbers, which accumulates under the carpet. Good luck!

Thanx :) il try that wen I get back hehe think its cos I get slight leakage from the rubber seals neways lol Im pretty sure it wudnt happen on a normal car or slightly more expensive car lol x

Well i had my leaks fixed on both cars and both get ice'd up on the inside. Tried to cool the inside of my car by having the window down for the last part of my trip but made no difference. The Mrs has aircon but no such luxury in mine.

Iv always had to defrost the inside of my car for as long as I remember! I found that spraying deicer and scraping the inside of the car makes more mess than its worth! lol. So I let the blowers at full blast do all the work :P which fortunately doesn't take too long. Although I'v always thought this was normal of Aygos? I'm not aware of any water leakage and I never have air recirculation on.

The Mrs has aircon but no such luxury in mine.

A/C doesn't work in temperatures below 4ºC or so... The pressures inside the system

get too low because of the low temperature, thus tripping the low pressure safety...

Anyone experienced the joys of having to scrape the inside of the wendscreen because it has 'iced' over? When I foned mr T they sed its normal! For an 09 plate? Lol

Damp snowy footwear, hot breath and minus seven degrees C.

Damp snowy footwear, hot breath and minus seven degrees C.

Nothing to worry about my car is bone dry inside but outside work last night it was -6 degrees and i had a small amount of ice on the inside of my windscreen, but my workmate has a 2006 Mercedes (cost him 18k+ 2nd hand) and he also had a build up of ice on the inside...easy for him though he just pressed his heated front windscreen button :censor: :ffs: :ffs:

LOL

Yes you can get ice inside the screen...however i'm testpiloting a dehumidifier to see if it helps with the overall misting up of things.

Wow thanks everyone :) so it is normal hehe :D not that it makes me anymore pleased that I now have to add extra time on de icing the inside of the car! Lol neva mind, its wat gives our cars character! Lol

you could try blasting the windscreen with hot air on your last few miles drive home, to see if that will keep the moisture off the screen?

• 2 weeks later...

I experienced this today, there was a very slight coating of ice on the inside. Never happended before, but probably due to the very cold weather conditions at the moment.

I wonder if the way the windscreen is stuck on without the rubber surround most cars have adds to the problem? I've seen this too on my car in recent days whereas all other cars have been better in this respect. It's going down to -6C down here next week so we shall see.

Andy

Check the boot...my high level stop light was leaking around the seal. With the car parked, small amounts of water tend to run towards the left and down towards the lights leading me to think it was those. The high level stop light is a poor design. It's fastened with a couple of screws at each end but nothing holds the plastic moulding down to the metal of the car in the central area, hence the leaks.

This morning, the boot carpet was wet but with low overnight temperatures the whole lot had frozen.

I'm putting some additional sealant around the high level brakelight gasket before reassembly and then I'll try a soak test...

PopDorset

I had that this morning to... If you smoke..... use your lighter not close to the window but just under ... gone in seconds.....

There are a few cars in our household, and two of them had ice inside this morning, one being the Aygo. Just on the windscreen, a very thin coat in only a small area of the windscreen near the vents. It's simply down to the frrreezing cold temperatures at the moment. It soon cleared once the fan was on full blast, I didn't have to de-ice or anything as it wasn't that bad. It's the first time this has happened, and possibly because I hadn't been out in it the night before - therefore hadn't had the heater on like I often do. I think it probably is fairly normal - it is pretty cold after all. No leaks either.

• 1 month later...

Just to add a little on this subject the old ice on the inside happened again a couple of times this week when i went to my car after night shifts. I have checked my car for dampness and since i sorted the small leak i had from the rear high level brake light it is bone dry. So i read up on another forum about changing your ventilation settings at night, i always have my ventilation pointing on the windscreen , so what i did 2 nights ago was just moved it onto the floor setting overnight to see if it made any difference. Well both mornings since my car has been covered with ice on the outside but none whatsoever on the inside, i am not saying this is the answer but it certainly worked for me......Colin

There's water inside the car, the door seals are rubbish. (Though could it be because of condensation because of all the bare metal? Just thinking out loud.)

I Have Also Expierenced Ice Inside My 09 Plate Aygo But Lucklily For Me All I Had To Do Was Scrap It Off Then Wipe It Then Put The Heater On.

I Would Recommed You Dont Put The A/C On Too Defost The Ice As This Can Damage The Windscreen & Also The A/C. (My Friend Expiereneced This)

If You Want To Put The A/C on Or Heater On I Would Recommened You Wait Untill You Have Got Most Of The Ice Off Then Put The Heater On.

All The Best Aygo Friends

Mish x

The A/C won't even work at temperatues near or below 4ºC...

• 2 years later...

Hi my aygo has been back to garage twice for water ingress. and yet again ive started getting condensation in car then today ice inside on windowscreen. i called the garage and like previous comments he told me to switch of AC. problem with that... my car doesnt have AC so is it another leak!!!!

Ice on the inside of a windscreen is bad news for any car,but if the car is a petrol model then a heater will not take long to shift it.

But diesel engined model can take a age get warm enough to feel comfortable and clear a screen.

For ice to form there has to be water present as already said. If its not brought in by wet clothes or shoes etc,then its getting in some other way..

My car doest leak water. Its one of the few that doesnt. However I do get slight misting on the windscreen and it is a small layer of frost inside but not as bad as sme people suggest on the site. Out of all the cars Ive owned and thats 7 altogether. The Aygo is the only car thats frosted up on the nside of the windscreen.

My Aygo also doesn't leak water and gets ice on the inside of windscreen, its done it for the last 3 winters, just needs a little extra warm-up time to clear.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links