Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

ccvrs

As the std tyres are 185 profile, 205 tyres will have too large a rolling circumfrence so will skew the speedo and also the wider tyres could rub on the arches. Wider tyres may be too wide for the wheels as well.

All in all I would say no ;)

The 205/60x15 will be far too big, you would need a lower profile than 60 with a 205 (assuming of course that the 205 width actuall fits) it's best to use a narrower tyre in the snow anyway as they cut through it rather than flatten it down, maybe get hold of a set of 175/65x15 winter tyres (punto size tyre)

After a shocking drive home yesterday, decided to fit these anyway as I had 4 brand new ones sitting in the shed. They do fit but I only fitted two last night 205's are OK on the 5.5" alloys just according to the tyre calculator. The RR goes up but only 3mph at 70 which will correct my speedo as it's 3mph out to 80 anyway. No rubbing but they are too big for the car. Will run them this winter to get my moneys worth. Thanks for the replies.

My 2008 SR has 205 tyres as standard (although they are 205-50s on 16 inch wheels), so a 205 width tyre should be OK on the Mk2 Yaris - the only issue with these being that they have an 8mm bigger radius than mine (according to tyre calc), so there's a chance there might be some rubbing on full lock or maximum suspension travel.

That said, 8mm is the depth of the tread on a new tyre so in reality the extra size of your tyre over mine is the depth of the tread on your tyres - that doesn't really seem much does it?

I've just got a set of 185/60-15 winter tyres delievred. After trying to get winter tyres for the past three months from anywhere in the UK, I ordered them off mytyres.co.uk last week and they were couriered over from Germany for free.

They arrived today and are at the garage at the moment waiting to be fitted to my spare rims...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links