Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Light?

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

Well since I got my Corolla the engine light has been on so I went to the garage to turn it off and find out what's wrong. They said there is nothing wrong with my car and switched the light off but then an hour later it turns back on since then i have left it. Anyone know why?

Well since I got my Corolla the engine light has been on so I went to the garage to turn it off and find out what's wrong. They said there is nothing wrong with my car and switched the light off but then an hour later it turns back on since then i have left it. Anyone know why?

There are loads of reasons. What mods have been made to the engine if any??:)

There are loads of reasons. What mods have been made to the engine if any??:)

Only the induction kit but the light was on well before I put that on :s

Because there IS a 'constant' fault and unfortunately the garage haven't got a clue, or were to busy ... OR THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT!

Did they say what the code was? (e.g what 'P' code it was?)

:)

Because there IS a 'constant' fault and unfortunately the garage haven't got a clue, or were to busy ... OR THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT!

Did they say what the code was? (e.g what 'P' code it was?)

:)

nope just switched the light off the car seems to be fine to drive just ****** me off with the light being on all the time!!

The most common cause of the engine management light illuminating is down to exhaust gases being outside their normal parameters or the exhaust Lamda sensors or electrical connections have gone belly-up.

Might do no harm to take out the spark plugs for a quick looksee - if one or more are dark in colour it normally means you have a misfire or fueling problem.:)

But as already said the garage who cleared the fault would have found the relevant fault code - that's assuming they have compatible diagnostic equipment.

Just pray driving all that time with the warning light on hasn't damaged the CAT!!

same as my old t3, they give me same reason, probably u can ignore it, i have my one on for 3 years and done million of miles, still nothing wrong with the car, fuel consumption is stillextremely good... even the car done 170000 miles, it can still do 400 miles per tank

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links