Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yet Another Prob With The Tsport

Nahim

hey guys well i seem to be having some bad luck with my tsport

well on thursday when there was loads of snow i some how lost it and went into a kerb pretty badly lets says my front passanger alloys is pretty badly kerbed also i broke my bumper a little :(

well i thought it was just the wheels i went to get the alignment or tracking whateva it is well it said i was out by -10.1mm and then +4.7mm i thought that was pretty bad so its all adjusted to the correct tollerance

well now everytime i get to about 70mph+ the car just does not feel right there are soo many vibrations which i know should not be there, i know my car pretty well i spend a lot of time in there so i know how it should feel n sound whateva i am doing, im sure u guys know what i mean on this

but the vibrations seem really funny there are some odd sounds coming from it, also it sounds like my exhaust is sounds louder and more vibrations there to,

when i got someone to look they didnt think anythin was bent under there

oh also the trc and vsc light keeps coming on every now and then il turn the car off and on and its clear then every now and then it will be back

i think il have to say goodbye to the rolla next year some point when i can afford it

but i know i havent given you guys much to go on but any ideas

thanks ppl

Nahim

For the tracking to be out that much obviously something must have got bent. Adjusting the tracking without curing the problem is kinda pointless is it not. Could be a bent hub for instance. I suggest the car needs a good lookover just in case something is about to fail.

Bad, bad snow - LOL!!!

Could be the damaged wheel..I mean if they're even slightly out of balance then you would be getting vibrations over certain speeds. Since you hit a kerb you could have unbalanced it or slightly buckled?

yeh i have a feeling there maybe something wrong and would need a good looking over but i am just worried its not gonna be cheap it never is i tend to get all my work done from toyota but i just dont know,

i could try my spare wheel on there and give it a try i have the day off so i think i am gonna spend my morning trying that option out, or does anyone know of any good garage near the hertfordshire side of things,

damn that snowww i hate u lol

thanks for the reply guys

And the wheel could also cause the lighs to come on. When I swapped my wheels back to standard for the winter, they came on after driving around for bit, but likewise they went off after turning the car off.

I think the car is just really sensitive to any change ;)

Fit the spare wheel and see if it helps/cures the vibration.

If not, then get a full geometry check done - this will highlight if anything is bent/damaged from the Castor/Camber/KPI/set-back readings.

Mick

will do when i had it all checked they said the rear was slightly out but on the rolla u couldnt adjust them which i thought was bit odd is that try cos i think they are a few mm out.

also on pick up since then the car just isnt sounding healthy not overly but i am puttin the difference in engine tone to the cold or am i wrong in this but tomoz i am gonna be doing some experimenting

Wheel balancing ? Some of the weights could have been knocked off ??

Should have got tracking done with spare wheel on .....

Best of luck fella ....

as laa said check the wheel balance, this is notorious for the vsc and trc lights and would also point to the balance issue. Whilst I dont' suggest you do this on a public road, see if you can accelerate a bit faster and see if the vibration goes. if it does its almost certainly the wheel balance.

similar sort of thing happend to me last year in my old rolla, i kurbed it and it needed wheel balancing, but that didnt work so i got a replacement alloys which did the job and that vsc light is to do with the wheels somehow but that sorted when i got a new wheel. but should be somthing to do with the wheel u kurbed or behind it

try a kwickfit or a tyre place first before you take it to toyota

post-74891-1261521131_thumb.jpg

Well look where my car ended up!

(sorry to hijack your thread)

(and hope the attachment worked!)

im gonna try the wheel balancing tomorrow hopefully that will be the end of the probs, it makes sense being that as it did have a big hit on the wheel and bumper, i know the trc n vsc light was on a few weeks ago but that could have been my rear tyre was on 8psi i thought it looked low but never had a chance to sort it

thanks for all your input guys it was really nice of you guys to help me out on this one

dont worry about hijacking the thread im sorry to hear about your car, did u manage to get it out ok, hope you didnt do any damage.

i may try my spare but the prob with that is the tyre on it is pretty low on the minimum limit so on the ice may not be the very best but lets see if it cures things

on another topic what would help this car handle better my mates civic is always loosing me on the bends and i catch up on the straights

Yeh got a tractor to pull me out, only broke a fog light! but toyota want £140 for a new one!

I got a load of mud stuck in the wheel, which caused some bad vibrations, maybe theres some snow or ice stuck in your wheel causing it to be unbalanced?

If not the wheel could be bent?

My friend hit a kerb sideways, going quite slow, the wheel now rubs in the wheel arch and the gear stick is 2 inches to one side, shows the poor build quality on rovers!

Hope you get it sorted!

well today i went to see toyota so find out what my probs are

they drove it and found that i had to punctures and they said the vibrations are becuase of that, so i changed those two tyres but i have still got the vibrations i think its just a case of getting the front balanced also,

they found some fault codes and cleared them but i was just wondering if you guys knew what they were C1203 and C1208 ??????

well i think im almost there to fixing these probs

oh when i got the tyres i put 205/50/16 on the back but front are still 195/55/16 will this be a prob i didnt wanna change the front as they are still pretty good

the tyres shouldnt be too much of a problem ( but it is better to have at least the same sizes of tyres) try getting it balanced first and the steering aligned, problem is somewhere where you kurbed it surley

The reason i said put the spare on before balancing is because its no good trying to balance a wheel that maybe buckled, if you have 4 wheels you know are straight, balanced & tracked yet still get the vibrations, then you start looking deeper at track rods etc.

Simple stuff first fella ... ;)

post-74891-1261521131_thumb.jpg

Well look where my car ended up!

(sorry to hijack your thread)

(and hope the attachment worked!)

[/quote

so hows your car now then and how did you get your car in that place any way mate hope that dont happen to me as am still doing donut in the snow lol

hey guys well i seem to be having some bad luck with my tsport

well on thursday when there was loads of snow i some how lost it and went into a kerb pretty badly lets says my front passanger alloys is pretty badly kerbed also i broke my bumper a little :(

well i thought it was just the wheels i went to get the alignment or tracking whateva it is well it said i was out by -10.1mm and then +4.7mm i thought that was pretty bad so its all adjusted to the correct tollerance

well now everytime i get to about 70mph+ the car just does not feel right there are soo many vibrations which i know should not be there, i know my car pretty well i spend a lot of time in there so i know how it should feel n sound whateva i am doing, im sure u guys know what i mean on this

but the vibrations seem really funny there are some odd sounds coming from it, also it sounds like my exhaust is sounds louder and more vibrations there to,

when i got someone to look they didnt think anythin was bent under there

oh also the trc and vsc light keeps coming on every now and then il turn the car off and on and its clear then every now and then it will be back

i think il have to say goodbye to the rolla next year some point when i can afford it

but i know i havent given you guys much to go on but any ideas

thanks ppl

Nahim

Bit daft really aint you.

Are you saying that you have never lost the car and caused any damage, be it in poor conditions or not, im pretty sure im not the only person to have done this in this weather, so i dont know why you are commenting like this

yeh the only reason i didnt stick on the spare is becuase the tyre is pretty low i think its just legal and i wanted the snow to melt first mate but i will certainly try that after, also toyota gave it the all clear when they drove it, thats another reason why i didnt get it done

Are you saying that you have never lost the car and caused any damage, be it in poor conditions or not, im pretty sure im not the only person to have done this in this weather, so i dont know why you are commenting like this

yeh the only reason i didnt stick on the spare is becuase the tyre is pretty low i think its just legal and i wanted the snow to melt first mate but i will certainly try that after, also toyota gave it the all clear when they drove it, thats another reason why i didnt get it done

I'd say you might want to not worry so much about the wheel but check the drive shaft and anything behind the wheel if you whacked the kerb it could all be damaged or out of sync.

As far as driving goes I have never lost the car or caused any damage, and in conditions like this drive with caution not like a *****.