Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Word Of Warning

gordonjsinclair@hotmail.com

A word of advice, My Rav I have had from new 4 years, great car works very well in snow.

Recently my windscreen was covered in snow which I wiped off leaving moisture on the screen which I then wiped off with a 6" scrapper using the rubber side cleaning before use AND it covered the glass in scratches.

I purchased some 'so called' scratch remover a liquid with an stiff round pad which a drill is used to rub the screen it only slightly removed the scratches and they can be seen in certain sun conditions.

I have been driving for 40 years and never had that happen before whilst using a rubber cleaner.

Worth a thought!

I bough a squeegie from Aldi and used it on the back windows of my house. I never noticed that the alloy holder was scratching the glass and it took me hours to polish it out.

I would never use a scrapper on a windscreen, this would be like rubbing sandpaper across it, any spec of grit sand etc, on the windscreen on the scrapper would scratch the windscreen, I always used warm water and poor it over the said windows, never had a problem with windows cracking, just dont use boiling water, just use water hot enough to melt the ice/snow, then wipe with the wipers. been doing this for over 15 years now, and 0 cracked windows........ So far anyway :D

have taken to leaving a fan heater running in the car to save the bother of clearing windows.... and if number 1 RAV is being used on a frosty day, then its a must as the neebujrs dinna like the exhaust reverberating around the half mile radius, whilst the engine heats up. Obviously the lower wattage the better. i save by turning the heaters off in my fathers room and giving him extra blankets! He's 91 anyway and always feels the cold. One has to look after ones loved ones (RAV4 & Previa)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links