Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Toyota Immobilizer Issue

KiwiMR2

Hi guys

I'm at my wit's end with this car & am looking for some help........

I imported a 2002 Toyota Duet, it's really a Daihatsu Sirion badged as a Toyota. Any regardless I lost the only key for it - normally not a biggie but whoever had this made at the factory selected the Toyota immobilizer option....this also meant a transponder key.

I got in behind the ignition so I could try start it & that was when I discovered it had the factory immobilizer as it would turn over but not start.

Our man in Japan sent over a Toyota remote programed to that exact car, lock & unlock - when I pushed unlock the lights would flash, doors unlock, & deactivate the immobilizer as I could now start it, just not move it without the key to unlock the steering etc.

Anyway the Battery went flat & when I put the new on in I discovered it'd blown the main fuse - I replaced the fush & had power, problem is now although the remote unlocks & locks it no longer appears to be deactivating the immobilizer as once again it just turns over but won't start.

Any idea why the remote is only performing half the job?

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Its the first time I have found someone that actually ordered the remote programer. I would like to know more info in how you ordered it and hoq can I get one myself. Thank you