Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Flap

Phil_M

Went to the garage this morning and my fuel flap wouldn't open, I could hear the mechaism working (operated by the button on the drivers door) but the flap wouldn't pop open. I then decided to use the emergency release in the boot. This was very tight, the end came off in my hand!. Still no flap open, I then tapped the flap which popped open so I suspect that the flap was frozen shut.

My problem now is that the flap will not lock shut again, almost like the emergency pull is stuck pulled (there is no slack on the cord) The flap mechanism can still be heard working.

Help

Merry Christmas too

Went to the garage this morning and my fuel flap wouldn't open, I could hear the mechaism working (operated by the button on the drivers door) but the flap wouldn't pop open. I then decided to use the emergency release in the boot. This was very tight, the end came off in my hand!. Still no flap open, I then tapped the flap which popped open so I suspect that the flap was frozen shut.

My problem now is that the flap will not lock shut again, almost like the emergency pull is stuck pulled (there is no slack on the cord) The flap mechanism can still be heard working.

Help

Merry Christmas too

I had exactly the same problem on Sunday. What i did was ask my grand-daughter to operate the switch on the door, whilst i used one of my cards to prise open the flap at the same time. Fortunately, for me it worked. When i then tried to lock it, the pin did not move out, so it too would not lock. Being a petrol model, i just used my breath to warm around the pin, then it shut ok. I may have been lucky, but no doubt in this weather, it may happen again. Oh by the way, i had to buy my grand-daughter an Ipod touch for her services !!!. Do i ever learn !!!!!. :( :lol:

Help

Merry Christmas too

I had exactly the same problem on Sunday. What i did was ask my grand-daughter to operate the switch on the door, whilst i used one of my cards to prise open the flap at the same time. Fortunately, for me it worked. When i then tried to lock it, the pin did not move out, so it too would not lock. Being a petrol model, i just used my breath to warm around the pin, then it shut ok. I may have been lucky, but no doubt in this weather, it may happen again. Oh by the way, i had to buy my grand-daughter an Ipod touch for her services !!!. Do i ever learn !!!!!. :( :lol:

And a very merry christmas to you as well. :lol:

Blame it on Frosty the Snowman. Once dry it may be worth ginig the locking pin a good shot of WD40 which is primarily a de-watering agent. This may reduce the risk of any water getting trapped and frozen.

Also if you had a big dog you could get it to lift its hind leg and defrost it.:):)

the fuel flap seems to be a problem on all avensi' i 've lost count of the amount of them i've seen open on the road. my mate fixed his by removing it taking it apart cleaned it and put it back and has worked since.