• Beretta

• smicker68

:D :D :D :D :D :D

finally chipped my auris sr180 d4d

omg what a f**king rocket possibly quicker than my old Seat Leon Cupra K1

just keeps on pulling

Best money every spent must say John your a Star For talking me into this

:D :D :D :D :D :D

As your quoting an actual bhp figure of 210bhp in the thread title, you obviously must have had it on a dyno, so any chance of posting up the graph, as the torque figure also interests me.

Why oh why would you get rid of a K1 for an SR180, as the mapping facilities are far greater for a K1 than they are for an SR180????????????????????????????/

Which chip did you get and what did you pay and have you had any problems with dash lights etc? Alos how is the mpg now compared to before?

John's chips are pretty good, Ive got one on my Corolla SR and she is alot more pokey than before and pulls beautifully, not done a dyno yet, but one of the head mechanics at Toyota did do a dyno and quoted me 145bhp (form the standard 116bhp) so it's all good, and he said the torque figure was close to that of the SR180... now all I need is for Dawsey to bring his SR180 to Northampton (santa pod) for a 1/4 mile :D

Which chip did you get and what did you pay and have you had any problems with dash lights etc? Alos how is the mpg now compared to before?

i got the chip from john in silverstone autosport must say havnt had any problems at all with the chip. it attaches to both the fuel rail sensor aswell as the boost pressure sensor. unlike the cheaper version that only connect onto the fuel rail.

havnt had a chance to really compare mpg yet. :D

John's chips are pretty good, Ive got one on my Corolla SR and she is alot more pokey than before and pulls beautifully, not done a dyno yet, but one of the head mechanics at Toyota did do a dyno and quoted me 145bhp (form the standard 116bhp) so it's all good, and he said the torque figure was close to that of the SR180... now all I need is for Dawsey to bring his SR180 to Northampton (santa pod) for a 1/4 mile :D

yeah must say im very impressed with the chip and the service recieved from john. checked this site for a while to see if any1 else had chipped there sr180

but most people on here just like to talk about it instead of growing a set and just doin it.

:D

Rick

Why don't you try one. Buy it and try it, you will be amazed.

If you haven't tried a power box why do you keep wringing your hands on your fence perch, discouraging others from having a bit of fun?

Alan

Rick

If you haven't tried a power box why do you keep wringing your hands on your fence perch, discouraging others from having a bit of fun?

Alan

:huh:

I'm pretty sure he was just enquiring....

Rick

Alan

I have tried one before and was happy with the results etc, but the T180 / SR180 seems an hard car to map hence not many chips around and the ones that are there is no evidence to say that they are what they are cracked up to be, plus the fact when I did have one and due to these altering the tolerances of the engine etc and a dodgy repair by a Subaru dealer I had the unpleasant experience on an injector blowing out the cylinder head http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.98.htm. When I get shown the evidence of how good and reliable these are with price then maybe I might try but I will 100% for sure not be buying one if the mpg is worse and no one selling these will give a straight answer.

Rick,

According the original poster, its from Silverstone Autosport, and from their web page they are £375 inc., so the same price as PartsKing.

Rick,

According the original poster, its from Silverstone Autosport, and from their web page they are £375 inc., so the same price as PartsKing.

its the same person parts king is from silverstone autosport formaly lindop

The question I asked regarding the alleged 210bhp, is that no body on here has had a chipped/tuning box SR180 on rollers, so its all pie in the sky with the bhp and lb ft torque figures.

Whilst bhp figures are just pub talk, until you get it dyno'd, you will never know what the actual figures are, and to quote 210bhp without it being dyno'd is just guess work, and whilst it might feel faster, what is it doing to the engine, cat and dpf etc?????

PartsKing keeps telling us how good his box is, but yet again, no dyno to back it up, and if I was trying to sell an item such as a tuning box on here, then I would have one fitted to an SR180 and get a dyno print up to back up my statements, but yet again it never happens.

Please do not take this as a knock at you, but this comes up too many times, and the row starts all over again.

So if you can get yours on a reliable Dyno, and get an accurate print it would help.

Richard Washbrook from Oscarli Racing is trying to get the Denso ECU sorted and when he does, it will be a flyer.

What do I base my knowledge on, well perhaps being a CAD engineer for a very well know F1 team in Woking, and I do nothing but induction and exhaust work for their engines, also contract work for VAG in the same field.

Can I ask what sort of money they are asking for your box, and what figures do they claim?????

so you base ur knowledge on the fact that you sit on ur ***** all day drawing pictures on a computer.

Do you have a rough idea of the improved 0-60mph time and 0-100mph time? Does it wheelspin hugely in 1st?

Paul.

Do you have a rough idea of the improved 0-60mph time and 0-100mph time? Does it wheelspin hugely in 1st?

Paul.

no major wheelspinin but i guess it all depends on how hard u drive it

its the same person parts king is from silverstone autosport formaly lindop

Just to clarify........Lindop Toyota are still Lindop Toyota but we retail our chip kits through one of our sister companies called Silverstone Autosport. You still deal with me (parts-king) it just saves us time and paperwork retailing them from another part of the company

Kingo :thumbsup:

No dash lights or issues with our kits, full 30 day money back offer as well so dont sit on the fence, drive through it :lol:

No dash lights or issues with our kits, full 30 day money back offer as well so dont sit on the fence, drive through it :lol:

I've been considering getting one of your kits since I first read about them on here Kingo, but I'm a bit concerned as to whether they will invalidate my warranty???

Or can I just take it off at service times?

btw, I've checked with the insurance company and they only want another 26 quid a year, so that's not a problem.

The question I asked regarding the alleged 210bhp, is that no body on here has had a chipped/tuning box SR180 on rollers, so its all pie in the sky with the bhp and lb ft torque figures.

Whilst bhp figures are just pub talk, until you get it dyno'd, you will never know what the actual figures are, and to quote 210bhp without it being dyno'd is just guess work, and whilst it might feel faster, what is it doing to the engine, cat and dpf etc?????

PartsKing keeps telling us how good his box is, but yet again, no dyno to back it up, and if I was trying to sell an item such as a tuning box on here, then I would have one fitted to an SR180 and get a dyno print up to back up my statements, but yet again it never happens.

Please do not take this as a knock at you, but this comes up too many times, and the row starts all over again.

So if you can get yours on a reliable Dyno, and get an accurate print it would help.

Richard Washbrook from Oscarli Racing is trying to get the Denso ECU sorted and when he does, it will be a flyer.

What do I base my knowledge on, well perhaps being a CAD engineer for a very well know F1 team in Woking, and I do nothing but induction and exhaust work for their engines, also contract work for VAG in the same field.

Can I ask what sort of money they are asking for your box, and what figures do they claim?????

I strongly suspect this. The Denso ECU's have been available for what almost 9 years and in 9 years only one Italian bloke has been able to crack an older version of the protection. So now you're stating that some guy is taking a shot in it? Well best of luck to him but remember, 9 years and no crack yet so don't get your hopes up just yet.

Oh, and CAD skills won't take you anywhere with this. You should know atleast basic cryptography, be very competent in low level software and hardware programming and expert in electronics. When you have those skills you'll see pretty fast that it's not possible :)

Toyota probably uses some kind of online system for generating one part of the key for decrypting the software from the ECU. I'm just guessing here but I'm pretty sure that the ECU has been encrypted with a key gotten online from Toyota + a key generated from the Vehicle ID string. So every vehicle has a unique key which is needed for the code to be encrypted. Of course the repair center computers do this automatically when updating the software or reading the ECU contents. Service personnel don't even see what's going on.

I'd say that's a challenge.

I got a chip from John as well for my 177 bhp Avensis T27. Had it for 1500 km now, no problems whatsoever. No dashlights on, no problem with start, and very driveable.

And it does work! Took several acc times from 80-120 km/h i 4th. From 5,7 sec original to 4,5 sec now. It's really fast! I love it and never tried anything like it before. Thumbs up!

so you base ur knowledge on the fact that you sit on ur ***** all day drawing pictures on a computer.

CAD engineers in engine development do a lot more than draw wee pictures - they are developement engineers (leaders in their field) not keyboard operators and to be successful need to work along with the rest of the developement team and that includes the engine and transmission control software engineers. It should also be remembered CAD engineers need to have excellent mathmatical skills - try creating the vectors for 3d design in your head for instance.:)

I strongly suspect this. The Denso ECU's have been available for what almost 9 years and in 9 years only one Italian bloke has been able to crack an older version of the protection. So now you're stating that some guy is taking a shot in it? Well best of luck to him but remember, 9 years and no crack yet so don't get your hopes up just yet.

Oh, and CAD skills won't take you anywhere with this. You should know atleast basic cryptography, be very competent in low level software and hardware programming and expert in electronics. When you have those skills you'll see pretty fast that it's not possible :)

Toyota probably uses some kind of online system for generating one part of the key for decrypting the software from the ECU. I'm just guessing here but I'm pretty sure that the ECU has been encrypted with a key gotten online from Toyota + a key generated from the Vehicle ID string. So every vehicle has a unique key which is needed for the code to be encrypted. Of course the repair center computers do this automatically when updating the software or reading the ECU contents. Service personnel don't even see what's going on.

I'd say that's a challenge.

James,

Thanks for at least being one on here who actually understands what we do, but, all I have asked for,and not yet got an answer to, is where the original poster gets his claimed 210 bhp from, he is stating it as a fact, which as its not backed by a dyno graph is PIE IN THE SKY.

So has Smiker 68 had the car on rollers or not? Simple question that for some reason or another he will not answer?

If he has, then show the proof via the dyno graph, if not the claimed 210 bhp is worthless and should not be used, and showing an ignorance to anothers occupation does nothing for his cause.

I am not against the tuning boxes as supplied by Partsking, and if we could actually see the whole plot, and see the actual bhp and how the tuning box effects the tourque curve etc, some of us, including myself would buy one.

I just cannot understand why no body puts up a dyno graph with the box on a T180 or SR180, yet still claim these figures?????

James,

Thanks for at least being one on here who actually understands what we do, but, all I have asked for,and not yet got an answer to, is where the original poster gets his claimed 210 bhp from, he is stating it as a fact, which as its not backed by a dyno graph is PIE IN THE SKY.

So has Smiker 68 had the car on rollers or not? Simple question that for some reason or another he will not answer?

If he has, then show the proof via the dyno graph, if not the claimed 210 bhp is worthless and should not be used, and showing an ignorance to anothers occupation does nothing for his cause.

I am not against the tuning boxes as supplied by Partsking, and if we could actually see the whole plot, and see the actual bhp and how the tuning box effects the tourque curve etc, some of us, including myself would buy one.

I just cannot understand why no body puts up a dyno graph with the box on a T180 or SR180, yet still claim these figures?????

I have to say that I agree on that. Parts-King wrote here some time ago that they are organizing power runs on dec 12th. I asked on that thread last week how did it go. Did they produce a graph with their chip on. No answer.

I have a box from Parts-King and I can vouch that it works. I don't know how much more power or torque the car has (that's also unique to each car, you have to understand that) but I intend to find out. I'll be taking the car to a dyno in a few weeks and I'll post the results here.

What comes to the ECU programming it's quite true that you get more power and torque and a smoother curve by optimizing the fuel and air injection, but you can get pretty good results with a box also. Especially with a box that controls both fuel and air. Boxes that just overfuel the ***** out of the system aren't worth that much in my opinion.

I did say we were going to organise a Dyno for a second hand T180 we had, but due to the extractor fan not being fitted at the new premises, we had to cancel the Dyno runs we had planned, and the T180 was then sold, so apologies that I didnt post that information. I am not trying to fudge posting up the graph, it is more a case of when we have a vehicle here to do it on AND when the dyno is available

Car manufacturers quote BHP figures and fuel consumption figures for their cars but you will see very varied actual results from customers because each and every car is different, each and every dyno shows different results and every person has a different driving style. We had a car here on the dyno recently which was showing 30bhp less standard than the figure it rolled at another dyno. What I'm trying to get across is that don't get so hung up on dyno results the whole point of why you buy a tuning kit, it's for improving your driving pleasure, for making your car perform better, accelerate better, over-take easier and generally be better than it is in standard form and depending on your driving style be more fuel efficient.

If a dyno graph showed you had more power but you couldn't feel any difference would you still be happy just because you had a graph? The power figures we quote for our boxes are guideline figures, some cars achieve higher figures and some lower, it depends on the car as I said every car is different, if your car doesn't make the manufacturers quoted figures standard then it most likely won't make the quoted figures with the tuning kit, likewise if your car reads higher than standard quoted figures then you'll likely see higher than stated for the tuning kit. Even if we supplied you a graph for an Auris T180 it could be a world of difference from your car depending on how both cars run standard and which dyno they are both tested on. We have numerous customers posting here who are very happy with the performance of our kits, they don't need to know every detail of how much fuel it adds at each RPM or how much boost increases by, they buy a kit for more power and a better drive and that's what they get, I will post up a graph as soon as one is available, and hopefully that will be early in the New Year, we have been in business a very long time and are not looking to hoodwink people into buying a tuning kit, quoting one set of figures, but then supplying them something totally different

Now I think I have done the subject to death so a happy new year to everybody, if you need any more information about a kit then please PM me

I have been watching these and various other forums for a long time now and the same thing keeps coming up when someone mentions chipping.

first of all id like to say fair play to smicker68 for taking the bull by the horns and getting a chip as parts king said every car comes out of the factory with different figures. for instance the Seat Leon Cupra on the book the bhp is stated at 240 however ask anyone that has one and you will hear that they generally put out 250bhp.

so Mr beretta to you all I will say is good luck waiting on the Denso ecu as one of the previous posters said the denso ecu is near impossible to crack and he is right in what he says about each car having its own encoding so even if this guy manages to crack one ecu hell have to do it all over again for the next ecu so really GOOD LUCK to him.

also one of your previous posts says that bhp is just pub talk so why are you so interested at the end of the day the whole point of chip tuning is to increase the cars driveability and smicker68 seems to be very impressed with it.

and I understand that you may be worried about the damage tuning can cause to the dpf but the beauty of chip tuning is that if something does happen to the dpf or any other part of smicker68s engine all he has to do is unplug the chip and phone Toyota who will fix it under warranty I am sure.

but beretta if you get a ecu cracked and mapped the ecu counts every time it has been flashed to as soon as Toyota take the car in it tells them how many times the ecu has been flashed which will invalidate your warranty.

so big deal if no one has dyno print outs. I am sure if you buy one dyno your car before you fit and after you fit you will notice a great increase. and if your not happy with it then send it back I am sure somewhere will do a 30day money back guarantee.

infact beretta I don’t even know why you are so interested in these kits for the Auris considering in one of your other posts you state you would never buy another one cause you would go back to VAG. then why don’t you go out and buy a VAG then take it to Revo and get it mapped. although again you will be asking for dyno runs and power graphs and you probably still wont buy one. or if you do buy one you will complain that you car is 1bhp less than the stated figures. at the end of the day you either want to chip your car or you don’t.

as for basing your knowledge on being a CAD engineer for a well known F1 team in Woking. Wise up. if your so knowledgeable why don’t you design your own chip or try and crack the denso ecu. let me guess hmmmmmmmmmm ah that’s right YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE.

infact u probably spend your day calculating the wind speed and direction so as you can plan a route to the shops that means you wont be driving into a head wind incase you use to much fuel. and don’t go out in lighting just incase you get struck.

and what d0 base my knowledge on well perhaps a long time consulting for companies such as trdusa,denso,revo,greddy,mugen.

as for parts king GOOD LUCK trying to sell the chips to these guys all they’ll do is try and make you jump through hoops and still not buy one.