Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr 180 Chipped 210bhp

smicker68

I also still think that £375 is still a lot for this kit and that if they was around £300 that would be more acceptable even through that is £100 / 50% more expensive than other companies that sell similar products (not ebay resistors in a box).

All of my kits are £375, apart from the 1.4 yaris/Aygo kit which is a different type of kit

You CANNOT buy a T180 kit for £200-£300 so not a valid point, go and search them out, a lot of companies list Auris, RAV4 etc but check the listings for the T180 versions and they dont do them. We all want a bargain but you wont get one on a T180, what you will get though is a product that works, doesnt bring on the warning lights and comes complete with it's own Dyno graph ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick D4D

• Parts-King

• Beretta

• smicker68

So Mr T does, but he built the Auris T180 / SR180 to with stand 177BHP not 210+

from my Knowledge of toyota engineering (and i have worked at the plant for 16years and over that time spoken to many of the japanese engineers that come over at model change time) the engine will have a much larger safety margin than 177 bhp another 50hp or so would not be detrimental to the engine as long as the setup was right and servicing was given closer attention. i remember they had a T Sport on the in house dyno running 225bhp. when i ask if that was the power it was being sold with they said that they couldnt guarantee reliability to the engine life they wanted, that and there were emission issues. you have to remember that toyota will design and rate an engine for a life of around 500,000 miles with correct servicing (yes they have had cockups before like the 1.8vvt)

as far as i can see this thread was setup by a member to share HIS experiance of the tuning box from parts king and he seems happy with it.

if you have your doubts about the box then please feel free to contact john and share them with him, he is a friendly helpful person and im sure he'll help, as far as i can see he isnt forcing anyone to buy and fit one of these boxes.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE FORUM TO HAVE YOUR ARGUMENTS. OR if you wish to have a discusion then please setup a thread for that purpose and stop going round in circles.

as john has said try one for 14days and hell give you your money back if you are not satisfied. so get one fit it and have a dyno run. then let us all know.

In your experience, do the gearboxes and clutches / flywheels have enough play to cope with the extra torque?

if you have your doubts about the box then please feel free to contact john and share them with him, he is a friendly helpful person and im sure he'll help, as far as i can see he isnt forcing anyone to buy and fit one of these boxes.

as john has said try one for 14days and hell give you your money back if you are not satisfied. so get one fit it and have a dyno run. then let us all know.

Well said!

Just to confirm, we offer a 30 DAY money back offer on ALL of our D4D kits, not just the T180

This is not another demand I have been asking all along for people to give comments who may have done 20k on this box in an Auris T180 / SR180, and yes these boxes do push the tolerance limits and I have in the past experienced the problems caused by this due to a dodgy repair / design fault that the lower tolerance limit exposed. http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.98.htm

I would guess an injector on a T180 / SR180 costs approx £500 each never mind the dcat or fuel pump so yes I do have concerns on what seems to be a poorly or untested (on a AURIS T180/SR180) product but I take it you must have money to throw around by your lack of concern so lucky you but I dont.

I also find it very hard to believe that the German company tested the Auris T180 / SR180 box in an Auris fleet of taxis :lol2: :lol2: , you forget the Auris T180 / SR180 is a rare car so.

please keep to facts and not pie in the sky

When will you stop Rick and admit that you and your buddy Beretta are only here to s**t stir, firstly when people bought the Auris brand new did they have anyone with 20k on the clock to talk to? NO Perhaps it was because they were buying from Toyota, a car maker with a "LONG" proven track record and reputation, and dealers throughout the world?

Has every new Auris T180 sold never been recalled for a flaw or broken down? Don't kid yourself! Maybe Toyota didn't test them enough by your own words!But I can assure you they tested them on more than 25 units before selling them to the general public

Have you looked at the power curves you both consistently demanded? I notice your not making too much comment on that now its been posted, beat on that one so try to find something else to winge about. The chipped power curve is better than the original, so why would it be more likely to damage the car? And as Kingo says the boost increase is there to help the Dcat, to balance the fuel/air ratio, that has to be better than just altering fuelling!Yes, I have looked at the power curves, and am rather surprised to see the power drop at 2700 rpm until 3200rpm where it just jumps straight back up, and as for the torque, can I please ask where it holds it across the power band, as it also just leaps up and then drops, and its interesting to see where they cross, as the car is only showing 180bhp and the torque is already dropping like a stone. Hardly smooth curves, and having looked the steep torque curve I would have fears for the clutch

As for testing so what if it was tested in an Avensis with the T180 engine, the engine is the same, the Auris may not even be available in T180 in Germany, the box was made for T180 engines not specifically Auris. You said yourself here the Auris is a rare car yet you now insult Kingo again for not having sold enough kits to Auris customers, the fact that they are rare is the reason it took Kingo a while to get one, and in fact sales volumes of them are low enough that Toyota have stopped selling this model. Kingo said he has retailed 25 kits on here, but sells others through other dealers around the world, the world is not all on this forum!

Quote RickD4d: you forget the Auris T180 / SR180 is a rare car so please keep to facts and not pie in the sky???? You posted a link url="http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.98.htm"] but this refers to a Mercedes not an Auris T180 so by your own words keep to the facts and not pie in the sky!

Its obvious you two have an axe to grind with Kingo for whatever reason, you demanded your graph and now you have it but still you rant! Funny thing is looking at Berettas previous posts

Quote: Beretta

Out of all the cars I have owned, the Auris is the one I can never say I have loved, or ever will.

Its a good all round work horse, with loads of room inside, but high fuel consumption, together with low quality build components, and niggles that a Toyota should never have, took the potential for any long lasting joy away.

Would I buy another one................................Never, as I will go back to VAG. So you now want to punish me for being honest? Also, as you seem to like trawling, perhaps, to be subjective and fair, you should have added the names of all the other users who are threatening to write to Toyota about the faults they are having with their cars , of which I am not one

Quote Beretta

As an interest to Toyota quoted/claimed fuel consumption figures.

Toyota have just sent me the brochure for the new Prius and under fuel consumption figures they quote:-

"The fuel consumption and CO2 figures are measured in a controlled environment, in accordance with EU legislation EC715/2007 as modified EC 692/2008, on a basic production vehicle. For further information or if you are interested in buying a basic production hehicle, please contact Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA".

As these are EC regulations they must also apply to the Auris.

They then go on to state the obvious regarding driving styles, passenger loads, traffic conditions etc.

What now springs to mind, is that to get anywhere near the quoted figures you should be driving a "BASIC PRODUCTION VEHICLE", in a controlled environment, so lets ask what is this basic production vehicle and how basic is it, and why is it only available to special order?

Its also surely wrong to quote figures for all cars in a model range, when the testing is done on a car that is not generally available, and then only on special order?So are you saying that to quote what Toyota state in their literature is wrong, all I asked was why they quote a consumption figure on a car that is only available to special order and not generally available in any showroom, and as such does not give a true fuel consumption that you and I would experience, "UNLESS" you buy the special order car

And last but not least, low and behold Beretta already has a tuning box he bought off eBay for £90 quid without requiring any graphs or any info on boost spikes, he just bunged it on and hoped for the best, so why has he been continuing to ask Kingo for graphs if he has a unit which is obviously working so well?No, I did exactly what Kingo has asked us to do, that is to go on testimonials from other users, and if you look at the feed back on Flea-Bay, there you will see only 3 negative comments out of over 900 positive ones, where as Kingo has sold around 25 units, I will leave you to do the maths. Yes I did have a problem with it, that being, when ragged it sometimes went into limp, but this is recified by moving the jumpers, to alter the values. It was returned to them, and they refunded "AND" sent a new unit

Quote Beretta:

Took a chance and bought one, opened it to make sure it was the same as yours, and not just a 50p resistor in a box, fitted it and there is a real noticable difference, the engine is smoother and pulls a lot stronger from lower in the rev range, and holds torque for longer.

Forget first and seond gears, but third onwards the car really pulls the way it should have from the production line, fuel consumption has improved a bit, but might get better when I start driving it sensibly.

He will take offers on the buy it now, and I paid £90, but might be worth a punt at a bit lower, with five day recorded delivery to your door.

Having looked at those on Google, this is the same as the dearer ones, and it even comes with the blanking testing plug to make sure you have wired it correctly, although a five year old kid could wire it in without any mistakes, two plugs and a live and negative to the Battery, its that easy. The one for the SR180 is the six wire plugged one.

Just now trying to get the wiring diagram to see which jumpers can be altered to modify the programme,

Now need to now get it on rollers.

Identical fitting to the E-Bay one that I have, with the exception that on the Auris SR 180 you also connect a live and negative to the Battery.

The E-Bay one also states that the item is made in Germany same as the Racechip one.

Been running mine for a few days now, and it just gets better by the day.See above, I did have a problem with it, but cured by altering the values, but if Kingos was the better, and proven to be with evidence to support it, then I would have bought one, but as yet I still cannot see it being better and offering anything to warrant an extra £200.

So if he is so happy with his eBay box why has he spent several months going on at Kingo about his?Answered above Its obvious as I said earlier you two guys would just argue black was white and are just here to stir up another argument!

In your sixth question you say: 6. Is it worth the money and would you buy this now knowing what you know? What do people now know? That the kits works like Kingo says! Is it worth the money? Well anyone who has bought it thinks so, if you don't then don't buy one!At £375, I will not

The graph is there for all to see and it seems obvious neither you nor Beretta ever intended to buy one, he already has an eBay kit! And you want the Queen to give you a written guarantee on palace headed paper before you will so just do the honerable thing and bow out!I must comment on how nice it was for the dyno operator to get up at silly-o-clock to do the test as the dyno is timed at 06.08am, oh, who did the dyno, and where was this dyno run, and at what temperatures etc? I know this is silly of me to ask, but was it an independent test, as requested by others, or by the maker of the boxes? Finally, on the dyno plot, why does the tool bar at the bottom state Civic 2.2J??????

I have done what I was asked to do, and had a dyno run done, to suggest that this was somehow fudged or made up is downright insulting TBH, if the Dyno operator cant set the clock on his machine, I wont hold it against him

I am now officially here to answer genuine questions from geunine customers, I would be happy to answer them in a PM, If anyone wants to suggest I lied about the test, then they are welcome to a poke in the eye off me!

This is not another demand I have been asking all along for people to give comments who may have done 20k on this box in an Auris T180 / SR180, and yes these boxes do push the tolerance limits and I have in the past experienced the problems caused by this due to a dodgy repair / design fault that the lower tolerance limit exposed. http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.98.htm

I would guess an injector on a T180 / SR180 costs approx £500 each never mind the dcat or fuel pump so yes I do have concerns on what seems to be a poorly or untested (on a AURIS T180/SR180) product but I take it you must have money to throw around by your lack of concern so lucky you but I dont.

I also find it very hard to believe that the German company tested the Auris T180 / SR180 box in an Auris fleet of taxis :lol2: :lol2: , you forget the Auris T180 / SR180 is a rare car so.

please keep to facts and not pie in the sky

When will you stop Rick and admit that you and your buddy Beretta are only here to s**t stir, firstly when people bought the Auris brand new did they have anyone with 20k on the clock to talk to? NO Perhaps it was because they were buying from Toyota, a car maker with a "LONG" proven track record and reputation, and dealers throughout the world?

Has every new Auris T180 sold never been recalled for a flaw or broken down? Don't kid yourself! Maybe Toyota didn't test them enough by your own words!But I can assure you they tested them on more than 25 units before selling them to the general public

Have you looked at the power curves you both consistently demanded? I notice your not making too much comment on that now its been posted, beat on that one so try to find something else to winge about. The chipped power curve is better than the original, so why would it be more likely to damage the car? And as Kingo says the boost increase is there to help the Dcat, to balance the fuel/air ratio, that has to be better than just altering fuelling!Yes, I have looked at the power curves, and am rather surprised to see the power drop at 2700 rpm until 3200rpm where it just jumps straight back up, and as for the torque, can I please ask where it holds it across the power band, as it also just leaps up and then drops, and its interesting to see where they cross, as the car is only showing 180bhp and the torque is already dropping like a stone. Hardly smooth curves, and having looked the steep torque curve I would have fears for the clutch

As for testing so what if it was tested in an Avensis with the T180 engine, the engine is the same, the Auris may not even be available in T180 in Germany, the box was made for T180 engines not specifically Auris. You said yourself here the Auris is a rare car yet you now insult Kingo again for not having sold enough kits to Auris customers, the fact that they are rare is the reason it took Kingo a while to get one, and in fact sales volumes of them are low enough that Toyota have stopped selling this model. Kingo said he has retailed 25 kits on here, but sells others through other dealers around the world, the world is not all on this forum!

Quote RickD4d: you forget the Auris T180 / SR180 is a rare car so please keep to facts and not pie in the sky???? You posted a link url="http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.98.htm"] but this refers to a Mercedes not an Auris T180 so by your own words keep to the facts and not pie in the sky!

Its obvious you two have an axe to grind with Kingo for whatever reason, you demanded your graph and now you have it but still you rant! Funny thing is looking at Berettas previous posts

Quote: Beretta

Out of all the cars I have owned, the Auris is the one I can never say I have loved, or ever will.

Its a good all round work horse, with loads of room inside, but high fuel consumption, together with low quality build components, and niggles that a Toyota should never have, took the potential for any long lasting joy away.

Would I buy another one................................Never, as I will go back to VAG. So you now want to punish me for being honest? Also, as you seem to like trawling, perhaps, to be subjective and fair, you should have added the names of all the other users who are threatening to write to Toyota about the faults they are having with their cars , of which I am not one

Quote Beretta

As an interest to Toyota quoted/claimed fuel consumption figures.

Toyota have just sent me the brochure for the new Prius and under fuel consumption figures they quote:-

"The fuel consumption and CO2 figures are measured in a controlled environment, in accordance with EU legislation EC715/2007 as modified EC 692/2008, on a basic production vehicle. For further information or if you are interested in buying a basic production hehicle, please contact Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA".

As these are EC regulations they must also apply to the Auris.

They then go on to state the obvious regarding driving styles, passenger loads, traffic conditions etc.

What now springs to mind, is that to get anywhere near the quoted figures you should be driving a "BASIC PRODUCTION VEHICLE", in a controlled environment, so lets ask what is this basic production vehicle and how basic is it, and why is it only available to special order?

Its also surely wrong to quote figures for all cars in a model range, when the testing is done on a car that is not generally available, and then only on special order?So are you saying that to quote what Toyota state in their literature is wrong, all I asked was why they quote a consumption figure on a car that is only available to special order and not generally available in any showroom, and as such does not give a true fuel consumption that you and I would experience, "UNLESS" you buy the special order car

And last but not least, low and behold Beretta already has a tuning box he bought off eBay for £90 quid without requiring any graphs or any info on boost spikes, he just bunged it on and hoped for the best, so why has he been continuing to ask Kingo for graphs if he has a unit which is obviously working so well?No, I did exactly what Kingo has asked us to do, that is to go on testimonials from other users, and if you look at the feed back on Flea-Bay, there you will see only 3 negative comments out of over 900 positive ones, where as Kingo has sold around 25 units, I will leave you to do the maths. Yes I did have a problem with it, that being, when ragged it sometimes went into limp, but this is recified by moving the jumpers, to alter the values. It was returned to them, and they refunded "AND" sent a new unit

Quote Beretta:

Took a chance and bought one, opened it to make sure it was the same as yours, and not just a 50p resistor in a box, fitted it and there is a real noticable difference, the engine is smoother and pulls a lot stronger from lower in the rev range, and holds torque for longer.

Forget first and seond gears, but third onwards the car really pulls the way it should have from the production line, fuel consumption has improved a bit, but might get better when I start driving it sensibly.

He will take offers on the buy it now, and I paid £90, but might be worth a punt at a bit lower, with five day recorded delivery to your door.

Having looked at those on Google, this is the same as the dearer ones, and it even comes with the blanking testing plug to make sure you have wired it correctly, although a five year old kid could wire it in without any mistakes, two plugs and a live and negative to the Battery, its that easy. The one for the SR180 is the six wire plugged one.

Just now trying to get the wiring diagram to see which jumpers can be altered to modify the programme,

Now need to now get it on rollers.

Identical fitting to the E-Bay one that I have, with the exception that on the Auris SR 180 you also connect a live and negative to the Battery.

The E-Bay one also states that the item is made in Germany same as the Racechip one.

Been running mine for a few days now, and it just gets better by the day.See above, I did have a problem with it, but cured by altering the values, but if Kingos was the better, and proven to be with evidence to support it, then I would have bought one, but as yet I still cannot see it being better and offering anything to warrant an extra £200.

So if he is so happy with his eBay box why has he spent several months going on at Kingo about his?Answered above Its obvious as I said earlier you two guys would just argue black was white and are just here to stir up another argument!

In your sixth question you say: 6. Is it worth the money and would you buy this now knowing what you know? What do people now know? That the kits works like Kingo says! Is it worth the money? Well anyone who has bought it thinks so, if you don't then don't buy one!At £375, I will not

The graph is there for all to see and it seems obvious neither you nor Beretta ever intended to buy one, he already has an eBay kit! And you want the Queen to give you a written guarantee on palace headed paper before you will so just do the honerable thing and bow out!I must comment on how nice it was for the dyno operator to get up at silly-o-clock to do the test as the dyno is timed at 06.08am, oh, who did the dyno, and where was this dyno run, and at what temperatures etc? I know this is silly of me to ask, but was it an independent test, as requested by others, or by the maker of the boxes?

Finally, on the dyno plot, why does the tool bar at the bottom state Civic 2.2J??????
I can't believe you actually typed that, the beauty of modern computers is that you can have several programs running at the same time, the toolbar allows you to open and close each one as required, you can see clearly that Civic tab is not pressed, the dyno tab is active/pressed. Is it beyond belief that the dyno guy was working on another project which he minimised to work on this car? I could comment on the other rubbish you wrote but your not even worth the effort. I'm out now and unlike you I won't keep replying every time I say i'm out Lol :cheers:

This topic "is out" as it has become so disjointed, blown out of proportion and a virtual witch hunt, this is NOT a discussion, it is a messy mud slinging post that has gone way past interesting........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links