Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Happy

welshviking

Comon guys and gals i know this is a forum but is anyone actually happy with there Aygo, all the posts seem to of doom and gloom, i feel like getting a large length of rope ready after reading a few pages. I would like to read a few threads singing the praises of this lovely little car. I myself are very happy i realise its been early days but so far so good .......Regards Colin

we love ours, a Aygo Black Jan 09 - we bought a few months ago as a demo car. We'd had a Skoda Octavia VRS before and both Kate & I feel this is as much fun to drive - great little engine, very keen to please! our little 'black' is a great spec too with half leather, A/C etc we've also blacked out the rear windows which works really well - no leaks and apart from a parking sensor that needs looking at after the cold weather etc we have a great little car - 1st service early Jan 2010! :D

hey colin, Im Very pleased with my aygo. love it to bits. its great fun and handles really well. i admire the 3 cylinder engine and the little noise it creates lol. its very light and adgile. wouldnt expect anything less. very pleased. cant say a bad word at all really.

HOORAY!!!

A happy post for a change ;)

We had an Aygo Black before part exchanging it for an IQ2 and it was a great little car :thumbsup:

Les

I am VERY happy with my Aygo.

It DOES have its quirks, but they don't bother me that much.

Every time I have to fill up the tank it puts a VERY BIG smile on my face,

as I now only have to do so every 11 days or so and never need more than €50 worth,

while my previous cars had me at the pertrolstation every week for OVER €50 a pop...

You also have to remember that dissatisfied people are more likely to speak up:

when's the last time you heard someone say they've had an excellent root canal

at the dentist? Probably never. But when they hurt people are more than happy

to call their dentist a butcher... (Mine's a sweetheart and DOES do an excellent root canal!)

Yep, very pleased. The only issue was some paint peel on the front bumper which was sorted under warranty.

Nice little race car really :D

(Which reminds me, the 2010 Toyota Sprint Series is now open for business. Would be good to see some other Aygos competing against the Yaris hordes B) TSS site )

Paul.

Very happy with mine, low running costs and an excellent commuter car. I would be happy to bring it on long journeys also. The Aygo has its issues (spartan equipment, basic finish, little sound insulation) but I accepted this when I bought it and it serves me quite well.

HOORAY!!!

A happy post for a change ;)

We had an Aygo Black before part exchanging it for an IQ2 and it was a great little car :thumbsup:

Les

I'd just like to add my two penny worth to this - VERY happy with my Aygo while I had it!!!!!!!!!! B)

I am very happy with my Aygo too. Touch wood no issues to moan about here, in fact it does everything I wanted from a cheap small car. As always just like money, the MPG is never high enough given the high prices of petrol, but I would say this even if it did 100 mpg. :rolleyes:

I absolutley luv my Aygo Blue, its brilliant.

It handles well (even with the skinny tyres

Great engine noise

Clunk-Clik gearbox

I'm glad someone has created this thread. I haven't suffered from the things other people have & the 1 problem got solved by dealer.

Whilst having the aygo, in Sept last year, it had to go in to ADR for some cosmetic insurance work & I got a loner 57 plate 1.2 Corsa*, I've never driven a more lackluster, boring vehicle in my life. Compared t the Aygo it had electric mirrors, dimming interior light, better sound proofing, audio controls on steering wheel, height adjustable seat blah blah blah ... but all that lead to a car so uninspiring I only used it for commuting - I just couldn't enjoy the drive.

I let my bro hav a go cos he thought I was being Jap car/Toyota snob & he agreed that there was no go in it.

I couldn't wait to get back into my Aygo & be in my "noisy" tin-box having fun ....

Long live my Aygo Blue !!!! :D

*Corsa Club 1.2, I remembering looking it up & it would have cost about £11,000 ..... I'll keep my £3,000 & have the Aygo.

Comon guys and gals i know this is a forum but is anyone actually happy with there Aygo, all the posts seem to of doom and gloom, i feel like getting a large length of rope ready after reading a few pages. I would like to read a few threads singing the praises of this lovely little car. I myself are very happy i realise its been early days but so far so good .......Regards Colin

Yes, this is a forum, and a lot of people come her to get advice or solve problems. The thing is, if you're happy with something you're far less likely to shout about it.

I bet there's not even 1% of Aygo owners on this board! and I would imagine 99% of Aygo owners are very happy bunnies. Forums tend to put things under a microscope.

The Aygo is a cheap and cheerful car that does what it says on the tin...and I love mine for that. It has a couple of known problems, but on the whole is a fantastic little car, but what would the point be of coming on here and starting 20 threads saying "my car is ace" ? ;)

However, "My car IS ace!" :)

I couldn't agree more with Colin. I have ordered an Aygo blue before I found this site and may have bought a different car after reading all the unfavourable comments.

All cars of all manufacturers have some faults and if the Toyota dealer is prepared to remedy them then surely that is the main thing.

I am sure most people do not access these sites before buying a car and I am sure that, as has been said, only ever write in to complain or to ask for advice about a problem. The silent majority are probably very happy with their cars and when I collect my Aygo next week I hope I will be one of that majority.

I love my wee Aygo and the only things I would change are to finally get some alloys and a DVD player

for it.

Saved me a fortune since I changed over to an Aygo.

I think. Your gonna hear bad things about any car. I mean. Lots of people own Aygo's who aren't on this forum. And because it's a forum. All your gonna see is people asking questions because their Aygo has broken. It's a minority. The rest are out driving theirs without problems. :)

P.S Love mine.

The only thing I want doing is a new backbox to let it sing.

I'm very pleased with the Aygo i got for my daughter, its had very few minor faults to date, as its just out of warranty any problem are now mine, it does seem a large percentage of owners here have the luxury of a dealers new car warranty.

I've kept a very close eye on potential water leaks but to date only found a few drips in the boot, i fixed that by removing the seal, running sealer along the grove and refitting, I've have to replace a front wheel bearing, not a common problem with the Aygo but the previous owner damaged a wheel and tyre so i guess thats knocked the wheel bearing out.

So yes I'm pleased with the Aygo, its a budget car so the lack of extras found on more expensive cars i can take on the chin, and i have to say every time i use the car ( funny i alway seem to use it when it needs petrol :rolleyes: ),the sound of the engine just make me smile :)

I've only had mine for a few weeks too, but so far I'm happy, even though I've got to have a new E.C.U this week. No leaks and so far it's proving to be pretty economical. If the airbag light issue gets sorted with the ECU replacement (which is under a Toyota Approved warranty!), then I'll be even happier! And it's so much fun to drive, even more fun, in fact, when I try to be economical! Brilliant little car...

:D Doom & goom? Never!

Ive had my 2007 Aygo Blue for 5 months now. Not a leak, squeak, plonk, rattle anywhere in sight. So cheap to run,a nd when I paid £35 for VED I was quids in. Cant even remember the last time I filled her up as long as its city driving.

Thumbs up to the wee Blue. Cheap as chips to run. Surprising though I love it so much and in Scotlan. I ve not deep fried the car in batter yet. Pmsl :lol:

Can only add my comments to the above.

Our Aygo is an absolute *HOOT* to drive and cheap to own/run. It more than fulfils its brief [as a city car] and the buzzy little engine is sssooo free revv'ing - cracking little car.

Bought my Aygo in Sept'08 to replace my 6 year old Ka and very pleased with it.

If I need fast, I'll use the bike. If I need more space, I'll borrow or hire.

Small and fairly economical, it does what it says on the tin.

My only concern was if I should have bought the 5-door but not used the back seats much since I got it so I think I got the right version.

My Sport will be 4 years old in April - and it is great fun to drive

I'm glad i started this thread now, very good to hear nice comments on this wee little car....Regards Colin

Owners forums are usually used by owners that have problems/issues/technical questions and wish to obtain information from fellow owners that have experienced these already. Most owners that have a happy experience don't bother frequenting these forums, so it is nice to have a postive post like this to highight forum members positive experiences with the Aygo.

It is good to see issues such as cabin and water pump leaks highlighted so that we are more aware of these and keep and eye out for them and catch them in good time which makes for a more positive ownership experience (if that makes sense :unsure: )

Owners forums are usually used by owners that have problems/issues/technical questions and wish to obtain information from fellow owners that have experienced these already. Most owners that have a happy experience don't bother frequenting these forums, so it is nice to have a postive post like this to highight forum members positive experiences with the Aygo.

It is good to see issues such as cabin and water pump leaks highlighted so that we are more aware of these and keep and eye out for them and catch them in good time which makes for a more positive ownership experience (if that makes sense :unsure: )

Bang on the nail Kevin, i have been a member of many forums (406, estima, xantia etc etc) so its always nice to see the good experiences thats why i thought i would post this thread to read some nice comments....Colin

After seeing the Aygo on Top Gear, and being sick to death of paying a fortune for my motoring "hobby" ,

I decided to buy one of the few sensible cars I've owned.

Couldn't get an MMT with air-con second hand. The one dealer advertising one had just sold it

so he did me a deal on my first brand new car.

Aygo+ Carbon Quartz with MMT and Air-con.

Just coming up on three years' ownership.

Other than problems with the dealers, the Aygo has been brilliant.

One year ago, after driving mine a few times, my wife decided to buy one also.

A silver, manual Aygo+ with Air-con.

Apart from me driving it into a post on a foreign holiday,

Oh Dear!

It's also been brilliant.

Still happy with our choices.

Ian.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links