Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Starting

A1AUTOMOTIVE

Hi..

I have a Toyota Avensis 2.0 VVTi.. The problem im having is that it will not start.. I have done a diagnostics check which is showing:

C0371 Yaw rate sensor output signal malfucntion

C1203 Engine control system communication malfunction

P1125 Throtle Control circuit or motor malfunction

P1215 EDU circuit malfuntion

P1656 OCV circuit malfunction bank 1

The problem started with the TLC and VSC light coming on whilst the vehicel running then the engine would switch itself off and would not start until left for a few hours.. now the vehicle will not startn at all.

I have checked for spark which its getting.. Fuel is getting tru to the fuel rail but i feel the injectores are not openin up to fire.. Please could any help give me some advice?

Hi..

I have a Toyota Avensis 2.0 VVTi.. The problem im having is that it will not start.. I have done a diagnostics check which is showing:

The problem started with the TLC and VSC light coming on whilst the vehicel running then the engine would switch itself off and would not start until left for a few hours.. now the vehicle will not startn at all.

I have checked for spark which its getting.. Fuel is getting tru to the fuel rail but i feel the injectores are not openin up to fire.. Please could any help give me some advice?

Hi

1st check is turn the ignition on.. Does the engine malfunction light illuminate check-engine-light.jpg Should be solid.

If this is OK I would start looking at the VVTi controller or the VVTi gear or the Engine ECU...

Quick question when was the last oil change, if the oil is old and "Slugged" this can effect the VVTi controller.

The 2 diagnostic codes you need to address 1st is the P1215 and P1656

I will find a couple of TSB's on these

can PM me anytime.

Carl

Hi..

Hi

1st check is turn the ignition on.. Does the engine malfunction light illuminate check-engine-light.jpg Should be solid.

If this is OK I would start looking at the VVTi controller or the VVTi gear or the Engine ECU...

Quick question when was the last oil change, if the oil is old and "Slugged" this can effect the VVTi controller.

The 2 diagnostic codes you need to address 1st is the P1215 and P1656

I will find a couple of TSB's on these

can PM me anytime.

Carl

Here's a check for the P1656 DTC

this is for a 1ZZ-FE Engine

camsafttimingvalecheck.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum and signed in because I found this post in Google. My Avensis has the same problem since 2006. The car has been in the garage (official Toyota dealer) several times for repair, they replaced three lambasensors on different occasions, but nothing has been found to fix the problem up till the last time. Now they tell me that replacing the EDU will fix the problem permanently. That will cost me around 1300 euros. I would like to ask the original poster of this post if he had the EDU replaced and if that fixed the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links