Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Issues

gramacar

Hi

I have just purchased a 2nd handed gen 7 celica TS model August 2002 with 9k miles.

The car has 215/40 tyres in 17'' rims and the TTE springs. I have the car for about 2 days and I observed that the steering wheel is very sensitive to road anomalies. Is that normal? I have also heard a noise from the back and right (I think). It is like a squeak. Something like a vibration of a glass or like you have a small rock on a metal surface. Could you please help me identify that noise and eliminate it because it makes me nervous. Btw the trunk and all the car is totaly empty of things.

thanks a lot

Well, the Tsport model came with 205 wide tyres (as did ALL UK gen7s).

The steering wheel being more sensitive - depends what you're used to really, but with those width tyres (even 205s) then you will get that. Depends how bad it is really, whether there's something wrong or not.

Not sure about the noise.

The boot being empty, the left and rigth hand sides of the carpet lift up easily - there's some storage space in there (think toolbag too). If you lift up the whole carpet you should find your spare wheel - which should be a FULL SIZE ALLOY (none of this space saver or steel wheel rubbish!). Also, check to see if you have your jack in there too - there's a compartment in the side of the boot (right hand side I think), open that up and see.

I have a 7th gen and i find the steering sensitive its just thats how they are, and dont worry about the noise from rear thats just the rear disks (ie brake dust and disks )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links