Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina-e, Diagnostic Problem.

chas.preston

Have changed the oxygen sensor,and cancelled out the fault, but it re appears on start up,

can anyone help/or advise? :help: .

• 2 weeks later...

What's the fault code read? this should give you a clue?

a 21 or 25 would point to the sensor. Use a voltmeter on it to see if it's giving a valid reading 0 - 1 V

• 3 weeks later...

Yes indeed I have just changed the oxygen sensor in my 1997 carina and if you are anything like me you will have been gobsmacked at the £300+ tag on a piddly sensor. I had problems tracking down a universal replacement as finding out what engine type I had was a real pain. Eventually got the info from toyota tech team. If the sensor is on the front of the engine on the manifold its a lean burn and thats the expensive one. If its on the down pipe it could still be one of two others. I got a lot of help from a guy at lgpkits.com who advised and got me a replacement for £225 as a favour. If you engine is not lean burn you can get a replacement for about £65 from these guys. Dont buy second hand ones and finally did you reset the ecm by pulling the fuse for 30 seconds?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links