Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Photo Request: E12 Headlight Beam Level Control Switch

blingers

hi can someone post a photo of this switch plus a photo of the wires plugged into it?

The Australian corollas didnt come with this feature but the actuators are in the headlights. So just checking if the corollas are prewired for it :D

Cheers and happy new year!

iav one sitting in front of me at the minute but dont know how to put photos up, the connector block at back of unit is about an inch by a half ince with 5 prongs inside

iav one sitting in front of me at the minute but dont know how to put photos up, the connector block at back of unit is about an inch by a half ince with 5 prongs inside

Thanks Andy!

so 5 wires connect to it?

you can upload photos in the reply box, bottom right corner is an upload function. after the pic is uploaded click on the drop down menu above the upload button and "+" the pic.

Nothing is better than the wiring diagram. Then you can easily make your own wiring if there is none installed in your car.

I assume you don't have daylight running lights, so I erased all inapplicable wiring so that you wouldn't get too confused.

th_Beamadjsch.png

Nothing is better than the wiring diagram. Then you can easily make your own wiring if there is none installed in your car.

I assume you don't have daylight running lights, so I erased all inapplicable wiring so that you wouldn't get too confused.

th_Beamadjsch.png

:toast::thumbsup: champion! that helps alot! yeah no daylight running lights. so 4 wires plug to the switch. all the unused connectors behind the mirror remote have 5-6 wires so probably not prewired. but it looks pretty simple to wire up.

Beware that the wiring diagram is for the Euro version, but I believe it also applies for the Australian one too.

Thanks Andy!

you can upload photos in the reply box, bottom right corner is an upload function. after the pic is uploaded click on the drop down menu above the upload button and "+" the pic.

post-85811-1262700768_thumb.jpg

post-85811-1262700829_thumb.jpg

hope that helps you, thanks for the photo upload tuitorial, :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Andy!

post-85811-1262700768_thumb.jpg

post-85811-1262700829_thumb.jpg

hope that helps you, thanks for the photo upload tuitorial, :D

thanks again andy!

I got the light beam levelling to work thanks to St Thicket for the electrical diagram :toast:

but just wondering, does the switch illuminate? the numbers on the dial look like they should light up but mine doesn't.

I suspect that pin 3 lights up the numbers (pin 3 is not mentioned in the electrical diagram).

can someone confirm that firstly the switch illuminates and secondly how many wires connect to the switch (diagram says only 4 wires but the switch has 5 pins)

Cheers

yes it should light up, thats why i was able to show you a pic of mine, my bulb went, now i had the whole thing stripped but i wasnt able to get my hands on a new LED so got a new unit (second hand) from a scrap yard for €20, €90 from Mr.Thief.

dont know about the wires lad, if nobodys know ill whip mine out tomorrow and have a look

hope thats what you wanted ???

post-85811-1264622443_thumb.jpg

oh, your wing mirrors, are they standard or after market, i know this conversion was had before, if they are standard (if my memory is right i think they are) could you get a price for me please, or a number for a local toyota garage, or email or something,

thanks

hope thats what you wanted ???

post-85811-1264622443_thumb.jpg

oh, your wing mirrors, are they standard or after market, i know this conversion was had before, if they are standard (if my memory is right i think they are) could you get a price for me please, or a number for a local toyota garage, or email or something,

thanks

thanks andy so there is FIVE wires connected to that connector?

aw thats good :thumbsup: , did you say you never had this in your car at all, so where did you position the switch ?

the same spot in your photo :) it was a coin holder in the aus corollas

• 1 year later...

yes it should light up, thats why i was able to show you a pic of mine, my bulb went, now i had the whole thing stripped but i wasnt able to get my hands on a new LED so got a new unit (second hand) from a scrap yard for €20, €90 from Mr.Thief.

dont know about the wires lad, if nobodys know ill whip mine out tomorrow and have a look

Does anyone know how to remove this E12 Headlight Beam Level Control Switch from the dash?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links