Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beepin' Beep!

bobbo7070

I've had my new Aygo for about three months now, and it's just started beeping at me when I first start it up and put the MMT box into drive.

The beep's low pitched and repeats at around once a second, and continues for about two minutes (I haven't actually timed it) regardless of whether I drive off or let it just stand and idle. Strangely, it stops when it's put in neutral, but will start again if I put it back into drive.

It sounds like the same beeping my old MMT Verso used to make when it was searching for reverse and couldn't find it, but the Aygo's definitely in gear as you can pull away fine.

Anyone else had/got the same thing happening to them? :huh:

I would have said it was the seatbelt warning beep.

If not it could be the same issue as my mum's 107 has whereby the MMT appears to be at fault. Having said this, the symptoms for the 107 are beeping whenever accelerating, slight loss of power/revving like the clutch is slipping and the gears not changing progressively when pushed hard. In the 107 it goes 1st - 2nd - 3rd - Neutral then 4th - 5th.

Dealer suspects it's the clutch actuator and the beep is the overheating of the MMT gearbox, but the car goes in next week so will find out then.

Hopefully yours is not the same! :(

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Could be the seatbelt warning, so I'll check that out. The gearbox seems fine.

Thanks again.

As I've got a normal manual box, I just read up on the M-MT in my manual and there's

also a warning when the car is in M, E or R with the door open, without the brake applied...

The seatbelt warning sounds for 30 seconds, then steps up in volume, to finally mute ather

another 90 seconds. But that only happens when doing more than 15kmh (10mph) and is

allways accompanied by the seatbelt warning light on the dashboard.

The latter stays on, even after the 2 minutes of audible warning...

Well, it only beeps. There's no warning light coming up on the dash.

I'm sure it's not a normal warning signal, but I reckon you're on the right path Jan van de Wouw, because it doesn't always do it.

It beeps only when it's in drive and stops when I drop it into neutral, then starts again when I select M or E.

Looks like another trip to Mr T...

I would have said it was the seatbelt warning beep.

If not it could be the same issue as my mum's 107 has whereby the MMT appears to be at fault. Having said this, the symptoms for the 107 are beeping whenever accelerating, slight loss of power/revving like the clutch is slipping and the gears not changing progressively when pushed hard. In the 107 it goes 1st - 2nd - 3rd - Neutral then 4th - 5th.

Dealer suspects it's the clutch actuator and the beep is the overheating of the MMT gearbox, but the car goes in next week so will find out then.

Hopefully yours is not the same! :(

My Aygo MMT is doing exactly the same thing....Beeping every time you accelerate...also getting the clutch slip.....do you know how much its going to cost to replace the Actuator and are Toyota giving any form of goodwill towards the repair.

Would be really interested to hear how you get on. Very fed up with my car as its only done 26,000 miles!

Fortunately I'm not getting any clutch slip, and it happens as soon as I start up so it can't be clutch overheat?!?

It also stops after a minute or two of starting up.

Also, my little red's only a few months old, so any fault will be covered under warranty though.

Hope I don't have the MMT horrors I had when I bought a new Verso, that was a good car totally screwed up with a horrible MMT gearbox. (Blame the wife, she insisted on the MMT :angry: )

I've got to take it back in a couple of weeks to have the new top door seals fitted so I'll get them to have a look at it then...

The seatbelt beep only happens if the car is moving and it won't stop until you put the seatbelt in, the beep start off slow then gets faster (and more annoying) after a few seconds. Try driving a for a few seconds without a seatbelt and you will hear the noise.

It sounds like you may have a problem somewhere, I'd recommend you take the car for a diagnostic ASAP.

The seatbelt beep only happens if the car is moving and it won't stop until you put the seatbelt in

Seatbelt-beep WILL shut off after about 2 minutes of noise.

And it will only start sounding at 15kmh (10mph),

so it shouldn't go off when you're manouvering...

I'm pretty sure the seatbeltbeep is NOT the culprit here,

as the sound is described as reacting to the selector lever.

• 5 years later...

I am going crazy by intermittent beeping - sometimes it does it - sometimes not. It can start slowly and then go faster and faster. can anyone help????