Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedo

noedel

Hey all,

I've been thinking about changing the speedo colour from white to blue in my corolla E12 facelift.

I would just put some transparent blue foil at the back of the speedo plate.

But don't really know how to get the plate out?

Anyone done this before?

Where should i pay attention to?

Thanks!

You need to take the speedo face off so this by lightly heating up the dials then you will see screw holes that need undoing.

Bobs your uncle.

I did this the other day along with the center console but didn't do anything just wanted a peek behind.

For what i've seen there's only 1 screw now, above, in front of the transparent face? :P

Never mind, done it today ;)

This is the result:

dscn0592w.jpg

Greetzzz

well it is something different and for that i say fair play, but i love the white dials on our cars and wouldnt change that, except maybe for the tsport white dial background

Well, but my midconsole, radio, interior neon, it's all blue, so, fits the rest ;)

Never mind, done it today ;)

This is the result:

dscn0592w.jpg

Greetzzz

That looks excellent!! looks like vw dials... howd you do it???

Well, in stead of putting some transparent blue foil behind the plate, i had to put it in front of it.

Left out the red light marks and stuff.

But after posting this picture i went on the road with the corolla, and actually in daylight it's really awful...

The foil is reflecting so hard in daylight, especially when u look at it from the passenger seat.

I already thought about painting the white stripes, but ain't such a good idea i guess...

• 1 year later...

nice job mate, are the pre-facelift dials with a green tint to them? Do I have to change the whole cluster to make them blue/white. I would love to make mine white. Any help pls? =] thx!

Only in terra edition the dials are green.

In SOL editions the dials are white.

For what i've seen there's only 1 screw now, above, in front of the transparent face? :P

So its possible to remove the transparent plastic in front of the dials? I removed the plastic trim to get at dials but was afraid to go any further! I would like to replace the transparent plastic as its scratched (previous owner cleaning it too hard) . Anyone done this or have a part number? :rolleyes:

I don't think you can buy that plastic as 1 piece.

You can always ask at your dealer, but I think it's one piece with the complete speedo.

(plus, I guess they don't give you a new speedo, to prevent fraude with mileage).

Grtz

Only in terra edition the dials are green.

In SOL editions the dials are white.

What does this mean? So the bulbs/led's are normal bulbs and I have a kind of plastic film which shows white in the morning and green when they are lit?

Also how do I remove the cluster I'm afraid of doing something wrong. Could you please tell me step by step?

I found this website which makes the plastic gauge face: Guage

Do you mean if I replace it with this I can see it white? or? I'm confused :wacko:

Terra and sol are 2 types of corolla E12's :P

Different options, that's all ;)

Grtz

so can I use that website to order one and get my lights show up in white?

any chance you could do a guide for this??

and get some daytime pics of also

cheers..

Haven't succeeded in opening the speedo panel itself, too scared to break some pins etc because it's such a crucial part.

So sorry, I'm not going to do this one ;)

Grtz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links