Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Avensis Heater

New2Toyota2009

I have recently aquired a 2003 Avensis. The only problem I'm having is that the heater will not work. I've tried the fuzes and they are in order. After a long run (40 minutes +) I start to get wisps of heat that continue for a short period before dying off altogether again. My fiancee's dad seems to think it may be the thermostat. The engine temperature gauge seems to take a while to start moving (20 minutes) but once it starts moving it goes up quite quickly.

This problem is really starting to annoy me especially with this cold weather we are having, and it's starting to put me off the car altogether.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A duff thermostsat or an air lock would cause such symptoms so it would be worth having both these apsects cheked out first.:)

I have recently aquired a 2003 Avensis. The only problem I'm having is that the heater will not work. I've tried the fuzes and they are in order. After a long run (40 minutes +) I start to get wisps of heat that continue for a short period before dying off altogether again. My fiancee's dad seems to think it may be the thermostat. The engine temperature gauge seems to take a while to start moving (20 minutes) but once it starts moving it goes up quite quickly.

This problem is really starting to annoy me especially with this cold weather we are having, and it's starting to put me off the car altogether.

Thanks in advance.

I agree with Jamesbelfast but would add checking that the heat exchanger isn't blocked by disconnecting the hoses to it and flushing it out. These are the small dia hoses connected to pipes thru the bulkead.

Fitter

Had the same problem with my 03 Avensis . It turned out that my coolent level was to low .

After topping it up it immediately fixed my problem .

Thanks in advance.

hi mate check wth:

-coolant level;

-check with rubber hoses--repeatedly press then along with gasing of the engine;

-thermostat

i do not conside el motor fault--coz it seems works.

cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links