Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Manifold....?

ljcni99

Does a corolla t sport and celica t sport use the same manifold? I seen a performance manifold for a celica and wondering if it would fit my corolla? new maifold make much difference?

Thanks

no its different . did you see the DD research manifold by any chance?

in what way is it different? do they not use the same vvtli engine?

IIRC Farhans your man on this subject.

Celica one is longer and a different shape.

I'm assuming you mean intake.

EDIT: farhan is the guy on intake mannis. If your waiting for a short DD performance research intake, join the queue ;)

Corolla

2zz.jpg

Celica

05-Toyota-Celica-GTS-2ZZ-GE-fwd-ENGINE.jpg

intake manifold, PPE has a long wait till they bring out a manifold as the last one didnt produce sufficient gains to put it into production.

The short runner DD manifold is in progress, A friend of mine will have it first when it comes out, Im still wary if it will fit our corolla engine bay, My friends celica has a lot of space nearer the front....Our radiator is massive and space is limited (It was designed to fit all 2zz-ge) My prime concern for the corolla is our TB location aswell, Many who will use the DD manifold will most likely use a Q45 TB. Your going to need standalone for that beast.

As for exhausts manifold yes they are the same,

a friend of mine now has a PPE on a corolla...Gains are worth it...Fitting is not. You will need some serious exhaust fabrication to get the PPE manifold in, A Custom flexi pipe will need to be made up to join the cat to the manifold as the PPE manifolds length is extremely long.

Also if you go for an exhaust manifold ensure you purchase one with air injection.

In terms of standard manifolds i would hit a aftermarket exhaust manifold at a later date, My friend sold his PPE manifold to go for a custom ceramic coated one. (Price is a bit more for Redliner9ks manifold)

We are in luck when it comes to the intake manifold.....The corolla manifold is two piece so if you plan to have it ported you can get a better finish on the runners as they come away from the plenum. You can also work on the inlet and outlets to the plenum. If done correctly you could see an improvement. If done wrong youll lose power so go to someone who knows what they are doing.

Must be a bugger to replace the exhaust manifold with the Intake in front! :lol:

Couldn't really be easier on the GTi :P

yes they are the same depending on model year, Our corolla ones use air injection and as far as im aware some earlier celicas do not use air injection.

Many aftermarket manifolds do not come with the air injection holes so you need to make sure you buy them with otherwise you will get a cel.

So the mani in front is a intake mani yeah!! And the exhaust mani at the rear???

Are there aftermarket manis for the both out there????

• 1 year later...

If the Celica VVTLI exhaust manifold is same as corolla t sport, will this manifold fit ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05-TOYOTA-CELICA-GTS-GT-S-JDM-RACING-HEADER-EXHAUST-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aCelicaQ7cSubmodelQ3aGTSQQhashZitem2eb435b54dQQitemZ200591914317QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Basically its listed as celica GTS , in america thats what they known as. It also fits the XRS models in america which use the 2zzge engine. I am not sure if this manifold comes with air injection , or could that be custom made later when installed, obv i dont want the CEL light on ? anyone help me, ive been quoted over 400 for a custom made manifold, id rrasther save some dollars and pick up eBay one almost half the price, does the original exhaust manifold have a air injection port ? im unsure what this is . help! Thanks

I'm certain that the air injection port is the EGR, and some Celicas had it and I am certain that all UK Corolla T-Sports had them too.

For that price Id expect it to be made out of plastic :lol:

I've had one of those manifold before on a corolla ae92 , had to source one from america, needed slight modifcation to fit, but got good gains, they just cheap becuase its coming from abroad, like this one sold for £180, neways does anyone know where i can buy a manifold that will straight fit my t sport? Has anyone noticed the difference in an aftermarket manifold on a rolla? I hear the oem manifold is quite restrictive is this true, and if i get the manifold custom made, can someone tell me what size diameter the manifold should be best? I'm getting a MIJ exhuast with 200 Cel sport cat, unsure whether to stick to 2.25" or go for 2.5" pipe? anyone from experience know which one am better of it ? Thanks