Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Light Coming On When Warm 64k 1.8 Auto Avensis

98avensis

Hi guys, as mentioned above my recently purchased 2001 '51 plate, 1.8 vvti Avensis (Automatic) oil pressure light comes on after flickering 5 mins or so after the cars started up.

Theres no obvious noises, as soon as I start it up I think there's a bit of harshness but it goes within seconds then you can rev it from cold or hot and it sounds fine.

Does the vvti timing gear or oil pump cause problems? Or does this definitely mean major wear in the bottom end?

I'm considering carrying out a repair myself, if the cranks ok would it just be big ends, main, rings, head bolts, fluids and a gasket set?

Thanks ever so much and happy new year!

Paul

Known issue on that engine unfortunately, likely to need a short block tbh if it hasn't already had one..... (It will probably start burning lots of oil shortly if it isn't already)

Hi guys, as mentioned above my recently purchased 2001 '51 plate, 1.8 vvti Avensis (Automatic) oil pressure light comes on after flickering 5 mins or so after the cars started up.

Theres no obvious noises, as soon as I start it up I think there's a bit of harshness but it goes within seconds then you can rev it from cold or hot and it sounds fine.

Does the vvti timing gear or oil pump cause problems? Or does this definitely mean major wear in the bottom end?

I'm considering carrying out a repair myself, if the cranks ok would it just be big ends, main, rings, head bolts, fluids and a gasket set?

Paul

Paul

PAul

what about oil level before starting up -- you did not state anything just gave us the outcome with oil light.

be careful with oil burning issue, if any

Cheers/Igor

Paul

PAul

what about oil level before starting up -- you did not state anything just gave us the outcome with oil light.

Cheers/Igor

Hi guys thanks for your help, Igor the oil level was fine with the engine cold and hot. Cheers

Paul

PAul

Cheers/Igor

Hi guys thanks for your help, Igor the oil level was fine with the engine cold and hot. Cheers

hi Paul again

now we have the task with many unknowns, that mignt be as follows:

- faut of oil pressure sensor or el feed line;

- wear down of seals belong to vvt-i gear;

- oil pump/its drive fault;

- con rods big end bearings wear down;

- main bearings wear down;

- oil filter clogging or its relief valve fault;

- oi pump primer suction strainer clogging;

- releasing of oil main (pipe) inside the engine.

besides -- do you normally use an oil as per manual ?

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links