Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Else Had To Abandon Their Car?

louise74

Decided to go out tonight got my car off the estate with the aid of a shovel and quite a struggle got it on to the road and that was as far as it went its now parked outside the block of flats I live in with no chance of been able to move it until it clears. Have witnessed several cars been pushed down the street. Fun will start in the morning when parents drop their kids off at the school opposite.

With respect did you not think that because you had to use a shovel in order to get your car out that other nearby roads would be a problem :unsure:

If I was living in your situation I would not have bothered and I would have walked :huh:

I hope that your car remains safe and that you can move it easily tomorrow :thumbsup:

I think the advice given by the police and mentioned in countless news bulletins may be worth mentioning. Don't travel unless you absolutely have to. not only for your own safety but if you get stranded in the snow and abandon your vehicle you may block the way for emergency services trying to help some other needy person.

Also remember to rescue you and/or your vehicle will entail numerous othehr people who could be better employed elsewhere at a time like this.:)

I'm desperate to get back to work after the christmas break , but one look outside the window this morning told me that the cab was going nowhere , rather surprisingly i did have to go out to drop Dan off to school though , after phoning the school to be told that it would be open , then they send me a text at lunch time to say that i should come and get dan as the school was closing early due to the worsening conditions and that the school will remain closed untill further notice ,,,, !Removed! annoying , the shcool should'nt have opened in the first place , i did'nt fancy my chances when navigating my way out of the estate , but to be fair the roads were drivable with care once i got out onto the main drag .

Had to go out again at 6pm to pick the wife up from the station , got pelted on the way by a group of around 15 yobs that had prepared a hoard of ice balls to be used on the next motorist that happened to pass by , as luck would have it the lights changed up ahead and i was forced to stop right opposite them , i thought my windows were going to break under the relentless onslaught , and more worryingly i had dan in the back , so i quickly u-turned and took the long route round .... Once a cab driver , always a cab driver :lol:

Anyways , i hope louise does'nt have too much trouble in retrieving her car tomorrow :thumbsup:

.... got pelted on the way by a group of around 15 yobs ....

Ah the wonderous scumbags of Havering :lol:

Then they moan that they get such bad press.... I say machine gun the lot of them :gun_bandana:

Then they moan that they get such bad press.... I say machine gun the lot of them :gun_bandana:

I wouldn't be too harsh on Havering though. My mate had a brilliant job in that area for 15 years!!

He was a tail-gunner on a milk float LOL!!

For once the scumbags of havering were innocent on this occasion , it was the even scummier scumbags of dagenham , marion phoned to say that she would be going to dagenham east as the overground out of liverpool st was running , but with problems , so she decided to take the underground to dagenham-east .

The thing was steve , between me you , and a few others :lol: when i u-turned the cab i drove right upto the kerb edge in order to scatter them , and noticed 2 women stood at the back of them with buggys and !Removed! hanging out of their chops , one of them shouted at me , oye mind the baby . i reckon the machine gunning should start with the parents :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be too harsh on Havering though. My mate had a brilliant job in that area for 15 years!!

James , thats priceless :lol::lol: :lol2: :lol2: i near wet myself :thumbsup:

Superb.... I like it :thumbsup:

I think the advice given by the police and mentioned in countless news bulletins may be worth mentioning. Don't travel unless you absolutely have to. not only for your own safety but if you get stranded in the snow and abandon your vehicle you may block the way for emergency services trying to help some other needy person.

Also remember to rescue you and/or your vehicle will entail numerous othehr people who could be better employed elsewhere at a time like this.:)

I drove to work today as it wasnt snowing when I left here, started 5 mins away though. Got to work and worked from 8.30-2.30 and our company only let our department go then because it was a blizzard. Others went home at 10.30 this morning, the thing is if I hadnt have gone I would've got the third degree about why and all the modes of transport that there are and unfortunately it's not that easy for me sadly.

Had to go out again at 6pm to pick the wife up from the station , got pelted on the way by a group of around 15 yobs that had prepared a hoard of ice balls to be used on the next motorist that happened to pass by.

Well I got pelted in Havering near Crow Lane this afternoon and then there were a load more kids who had thrown massive blocks of snow in the road just down from the cardrome near the turning to go to Elm Park. I can't repeat what I said here but it was rather colourful shall we say! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Drove very very gently, stayed in the highest gear possible and left a much much bigger braking distance than normal. Even in the blizzard it only took me 5 minutes longer to get home in the end as the traffic volume was low.

I was unsure, as my estate was is never gritted but a gritter had been down my street and was very icy and snowy, it is also slightly uphill I had witnessed several people manage to get off the estate and thought I would be able to manage it but needed a shovel to clear a path through the ice. When I got onto the side street I went straight into the snow that had built up at the side of the road and decided that's it, no further. My car will remian where it is, it is safe and legal until the weather improves. At the time of me planning to drive the main roads were clear however, we since have had a lot of snow and they now are not and there is no way unless I absolutely had to, drive. The most likely scenario is that I would get a taxi.

Not abandoning as such but I heard of a group of kids in Coventry who were pelting snowballs at cars and when someone stopped and got out to have a go at them, they'd shout to another bunch of kids to "nick their motor" while the engine was running....

Dunno if they ever accomplished this though.....

What wonderful young people! :rolleyes:

I know with the snow before christmas a load of people had to abandon their cars on one of the roads leading to Henley, the next day every single one had had it's windows smashed and anything nickable removed.

Just witnessed a patient transport ambulance get stuck :o they had to dig them selves out.