Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Engine Oil Do You Use On Ur D4d

cmia

I know what I use...

WOuld be intrested to see what other people recommend or use.

:)

Hi mate, I have always been a fan of Mobil 1 fully synthetic, used in the trade and in my own cars for years ..... never had any problems! :thumbsup:

Regards and all the best for 2010, Pete.

• 4 weeks later...

Only one oil for me ......... Ive used it for years .... Mobil One

When I first started using it it was guaranteed to last 25k miles between changes, (Im sure the marketeers got that removed!!). I still only ever change my oil at 25k and that includes several turboed cars ive owned including my last one (Supra TT). Never had any issues, I usually keep them till theyve got 200k on the clock so thats 8 oil changes only!!

Not cheap to buy ... but nothing compares

Regards

N

Only one oil for me ......... Ive used it for years .... Mobil One

When I first started using it it was guaranteed to last 25k miles between changes, (Im sure the marketeers got that removed!!). I still only ever change my oil at 25k and that includes several turboed cars ive owned including my last one (Supra TT). Never had any issues, I usually keep them till theyve got 200k on the clock so thats 8 oil changes only!!

Not cheap to buy ... but nothing compares

Regards

N

I have not tried it for 25k (my service is every 10k anyway :rolleyes: but I am using Mobil 1 SHC LD 0W-30.

At Kwick Fit I am getting 5.9l including filter and labour for £ 49.95.

Mobil 5W30 Super FE

Toyota dealer is quite happy that it meets spec. & it's a lot cheaper than the oil that they supply (they don't use the Toyota oil either but Edge).

Mobil 5W30 Super FE

Toyota dealer is quite happy that it meets spec. & it's a lot cheaper than the oil that they supply (they don't use the Toyota oil either but Edge).

I did a quick check and even with the one you use I could not get it cheaper (provided I replaced the oil myself) than fully synthetic at Kwick Fit. I found 5 l for £ 28, i.e. I would need one more litre at £5-6 l. Then adding an oil filter for at least £ 10 and I can only imagine the massive discount these guys get from ExxonMobil in order to afford the price and to make profit.

Mr T is charging me £ ca. 85 for semi synthetic. I replace it twice a year at 5000 miles.

Is there a place where one can buy cheap-ish, but good quality engine oil without breaking the bank? Costco? Metro?

Is there a place where one can buy cheap-ish, but good quality engine oil without breaking the bank? Costco? Metro?

Yes, us. We have some good value oils at all times, but they become very good value when we have offers on.

Mobil seems pretty popular with you guys, anyone using anything else?

I suspect that it's partly because we need 5.9L & a 5L+1L works out nicely & cheaper than having to buy a 4L+2x1L that other suppliers may do.

Beagh1958, my car at least calls for 5W30 or better - 10W40 doesn't meet the grade.

Mobil seems pretty popular with you guys, anyone using anything else?

I suspect that it's partly because we need 5.9L & a 5L+1L works out nicely & cheaper than having to buy a 4L+2x1L that other suppliers may do.

Beagh1958, my car at least calls for 5W30 or better - 10W40 doesn't meet the grade.

And that is exactly why the manufacturers make the 4l tubs, so they can make more money they think, but I think they often lose out as you go for another brand

Mobil 5W30 Super FE

I did a quick check and even with the one you use I could not get it cheaper (provided I replaced the oil myself) than fully synthetic at Kwick Fit. I found 5 l for £ 28, i.e. I would need one more litre at £5-6 l. Then adding an oil filter for at least £ 10 and I can only imagine the massive discount these guys get from ExxonMobil in order to afford the price and to make profit.

Mr T is charging me £ ca. 85 for semi synthetic. I replace it twice a year at 5000 miles.

Aye costco in liverpool is normally quite cheap, or it was last time I went in. But bizarly keep an eye out in asda, they used to do Castrol oils at really low prices ie at 1/3 to 1/2 the prices in Halfords havent seen it for a while but then ive not been looking for it.

I had the oil changed by Toyota Dealer(Dublin),and they used 10W-40,but I don't know what brand.(my car has just over 130K kms)

Yes,definatly worth keeping an eye out at asda,I got Castrol 0w 30 (I normally use 5w 30) half price bought the last 2

I know what I use...

Come on cmia .... what oil DO YOU use then? :P

Best regards Pete.

Yes,definatly worth keeping an eye out at asda,I got castrol 0w 30 (I normally use 5w 30) half price bought the last 2

my handbook says 5w30 can you use 0w30 instead and how much was it in asda cheers

I know what I use...

Best regards Pete.

Pete,

ive used all sorts :lol:

15 40w Mineral

and now

10 40w semi syntethic

I know what I use...

Best regards Pete.

Pete,

ive used all sorts :lol:

15 40w Mineral

and now

10 40w semi syntethic

Thanks Cmia, trying to think of something funny to say ...... but you got me stuck for words :!Removed!: !

Best regards Pete.

To anyone concerned,

This is the oil requirements for early D4D engines 99/03 & 01/04 ONLY, not to be confused with later D4D alloy chain driven engines. Straight from "Autodata" the bible for all car manufacturers.

Cold climate SAE:5W/30.

Moderate climate SAE:10W30 Semi-Syn.

Oil classification API/ACEA:CF/B3-96

Alternative moderate climate SAE:15W/40 Semi-Syn.

Oil classification API/ACEA:CF/B3-96.

The above three oils are for 1999/2003 models.

All D4D 1CD/FTV from 2001/2004 same as above with exception of classification of oil being CF/B3-98. Don't ask me why the difference in the classification, it's in the book & on the disc. All details can be downloaded for a small fee.

Regards, Beagh1958.

PS: If your Toyota handbook tell's you otherwise then follow Toyota instructions. Always buy the best oil you can afford.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links