Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ts Versus All Hot Hatches

mircea

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yarisboy

• jimma

• knowlson

• Nick-Johnson

my french isn't very good i'm afraid, but if i'm not mistaken that's a comparison with an accord s ?......

well, i'm going to go completely against the grain again about the CTs lol, it's not a fast hot hatch!

it's a comfortable, suprisingly fast hatch that's warming up :)

it should have had 220bhp stock if it wanted to be crowned king of the hot hatches :thumbsup:

what about cars like the Civic type R, Leon Cupra R, Audi S3 etc

now i'm not hating on the Tsport, i'm being realistic. If things go well for me this year I might even get a CTS myself! :D

Hi Yarisboy,

As I mentioned before :just select the desirable car for the comparaison with TS!

For instance TS is faster than: Ford Focus ST 170,BMW 325 I,Peugeot 206 RC,Renault Clio 2 RS3,Fiat Stilo Abarth 2.4 etc

Also I am thinking that can be useful for you to compare the cars's prices as well!

Cheers,

Mircea

hello again :) you're right it is useful information

but they're hardly quick cars to compare the TS in the first place with lol.

what about the Focus RS, bmw 330, 206 GTi (the proper one), clio 182 etc

in some way that website just confirms what i've said all along about the CTS not being the quickest of the quickest hot hatches. It's certainly not a bad car though, i love it. I just can't stand all the fake back slapping that goes on about its real capabilities :!Removed!:

Hi,

Sorry!

I don't understand your point of view in the below sentence:

"what about the Focus RS, bmw 330, 206 GTi (the proper one), clio 182 etc"

Did you see the comparison with Focus,bmw etc or not?

Please let me know!

I never claimed that TS is "the quickest of the quickest hot hatches" because main is under way!

I let you know my opininon in due time!

Enjoi,

Mircea

my french isn't very good i'm afraid, but if i'm not mistaken that's a comparison with an accord s ?......

well, i'm going to go completely against the grain again about the CTs lol, it's not a fast hot hatch!

it's a comfortable, suprisingly fast hatch that's warming up :)

it should have had 220bhp stock if it wanted to be crowned king of the hot hatches :thumbsup:

what about cars like the Civic type R, Leon Cupra R, Audi S3 etc

now i'm not hating on the Tsport, i'm being realistic.

If things go well for me this year I might even get a CTS myself! :D

I'm looking into importing a matrix from the USA, why not join me :P It's the same car underneath, just a lot better looking. You can buy 1 brand new from the states, pay all the taxes, shipping and SVA and would still have saved on a new Cts.

yea i might be interested in that jimma, depends on my finances though at the end of the day :D

gonna go look at the pics of the matrix now :)

and mircea, i was naming the REAL cars that the TS should be compared with, not the plastic versions like the Focus ST170!! or the Fiat stilo abarth! :P

yea i might be interested in that jimma, depends on my finances though at the end of the day :D

gonna go look at the pics of the matrix now :)

and mircea, i was naming the REAL cars that the TS should be compared with, not the plastic versions like the Focus ST170!! or the Fiat stilo abarth! :P

I always thought 'abarth' meant "WOLF in SHEEPS clothing". It certainly did with the old Strada's from the 80's. Made of Lego but went like stink!!

Hi Yarisboy,

The "plastic versions like the Focus ST170!! or the Fiat stilo abarth" cost with 4-5k more than TS and bmw 330 costs with more than 20k!

According with the site's performance figures both Peugeot 206 and Renault Clio 182 are quite slower than TS>

So if you are looking at the bmw' 330 performances you will not find out so much big gap versus TS !

More than this bmw 330 is in other league!We can compare it with Toyota Supra and the king is changing!!!

Honestly! I like TS more than any other hot hathches for its POLIVALENCE not only for its performance!

Cheers,

Mircea

Hi Yarisboy,

The "plastic versions like the Focus ST170!! or the Fiat stilo abarth" cost with 4-5k more than TS and bmw 330 costs with more than 20k!

According with the site's performance figures both Peugeot 206 and Renault Clio 182 are quite slower than TS>

So if you are looking at the bmw' 330 performances you will not find out so much big gap versus TS !

More than this bmw 330 is in other league!We can compare it with Toyota Supra and the king is changing!!!

Honestly! I like TS more than any other hot hathches for its POLIVALENCE not only for its performance!

Cheers,

Mircea

Ha a BMW 330 would kill a TSport :lol::lol::lol: I think even the 325 would or the 323 :lol:

Figures on paper mate and are normally cack :thumbsup:

Again this is only my view that a bmw 323,325 and a 330 will kill a Tsport next time I am driving on of my works 323's and I see a tsport I will let you know what happens :thumbsup:

I used to work for BMW and I know that the 320, 325 and 330 would all be quicker than the CTS...

Mircea, I'm not really sure where you got your figures from - I've just compared the BMW site with the Toyota site and get the following:-

CTS 0-62mph (0-100kmh) 8.4sec

320 0-62mph (0-100kmh) 8.3sec

325 0-62mph (0-100kmh) 7.3sec

So the 325 is more than a second quicker... :thumbsup:

However, the CTS is a very high revving engine and needs to be worked hard. The BMWs on the other hand are as sweet as a peach through all gears.

Off the subject a bit - the other advantage to the BMWs - at least you can get bigger wheels as an option. It's about time Toyota offered 17" on the CTS...

And while we're on the subject...

The cost of a CTS is not far off that of a Honda Civic Type R - and the Type R really rocks. It does 0-62mph in 6.6sec.

I test drove one at the beginning of last week and I would much rather fork out an extra £500 and have the Type R. Yes it has a high revving engine as well, but it is mercilessly quick and IMO better finished off than the Toyota.

Also, the Corolla's depreciate horrendously in the 1st year - in the What Car Awards they said the Corolla was the best 1 year old bargain - and I think that's mainly because it has lost a load of money by then. The Type R on the other hand holds its value far better.

If you compare like for like - a 2002/52 CTS with a CTR, new they were £15,410 and £15,910 respectively. To buy them used now they would be £10,275 and £13,735 :blink: That is one hell of a difference.

You want my opinion - the CTR pretends to be a hot hatch but really is not in the same league :P

exactamundo Assimilate, well put :thumbsup:

type r is the real hot hatch, nice thing about the CTS is it's very underestimated and it does indeed suprise alot of people.

it's a wolf in sheeps clothing, which i like :) Think i prefer the yaris t sport though, it's cheekier :D

Mircea, I'm not really sure where you got your figures from - I've just compared the BMW site with the Toyota site and get the following

The figures comes from Actual papers that have tested the different cars. If you have a look at the link in this thread you might be a bit wiser. Comparing spec's from the car companies isn't very useful in my opinion.

type r is the real hot hatch, nice thing about the CTS is it's very underestimated and it does indeed suprise alot of people.

Totally agree. Not because it's alot faster on the strip but it has "the whole package". It's not as fast as Honda likes to put in their specs though...

Think i prefer the yaris t sport though, it's cheekier

Isn't the Yaris a hairdresser car? Didn't think they sold the Yaris to the male population :lol:

Joking mate, like the YTS as well and looking forward to testing it some day!

Isn't the Yaris a hairdresser car? Didn't think they sold the Yaris to the male population

well.... don't really know what's 'hair dresser' about a Tsport Yaris friend, can the same not be said for the new corolla, and mr2 for that matter?

There's a couple of hard men on here you should speak to about the yaris being a feminine car, namely jerry! I'm sure you'd change your mind by the time he was finished with you :lol:

Don't think the Rolla is a hairdressers car, rather an "old mans car". At least what I hear in Sweden when I tell someone I have a rolla is "Oh, My grandpa have one of those..." :angry:

To expose myself a bit more I can admit to having owned a Ford Puma for a couple of years and if this is not a "hairdressers car" (by the looks) I don't know what is... Fun car btw!

Think it's cool that we all like different cars, would have been really drag if everyone had a rolla...

To expose myself a bit more I can admit to having owned a Ford Puma for a couple of years and if this is not a "hairdressers car" (by the looks) I don't know what is... Fun car btw!

I couldn't agree more!!

I am also registered on the Pumapeople website - although I don't have a Puma I would quite happily give up the T3 for one. I test drove a Puma last year (at the same time that I was having lots of problems with my local Toyota dealer) and I have hankered after a Puma ever since. We are looking for a Puma at the moment, but we'll keep the Toyota as well for another 8-9 months or so til it's a year old and then get shot of it.

There's nothing wrong with the T3 - I just want something a bit pokier and that's a bit more of a style statement B)

Ha a BMW 330 would kill a TSport :lol::lol::lol: I think even the 325 would or the 323 :lol:

I can tell you from experiance the 323 is NOT going to touch the TS. I have driven my 323 against my bro in his TS and it kicked me. A 330 will however beat the TS the 325 would be close and prob depend purley on the driver.

The TS will be able to compete once it has the toyota tuning pack, making its output 228bhp

Yeah TTE is working on the supercharger, and from what ive heard it should be ready by June/July, even here in Australia. :thumbsup::thumbsup: . Anyway i dont know what you guys are on about, i dont think its fair comparng the T-sport with the 323 or the 330, i think the 320 or the 318 are more in its class, of which it would rip either of them.

I have been pleasantly surprised with my CTS, although it does not seem hugely fast to me. I basically wanted a balance of reliability, economy, performance and value for money in a car with a reasonable insurance group.

The CTS was by far the best choice for what I needed. As long as it overtakes the idiot doing 40mph in a 60 limit quickly, I don't really care!!

I do like being able todrop it down 3 gears to overtake though!!

I would have liked the CTR, but it would have worked out far too expensive, for little gain (for me personally).

The TS will be able to compete once it has the toyota tuning pack, making its output 228bhp

but then it's not standard..... similarly once you take the bmw 318/23/25/30 to alpina/AmD for tuning then the TS still won't compete.....

plus that tte pack will be massive ££££.l

this is a daft argument, the cars the CTS should be compared with are: Type R, Leon Cupra ®, clio 182, etc

HOT HATCHES, not coupes like bm's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links