Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ts Versus All Hot Hatches

mircea

That debate was really fun!

However, as I CTS owner myself, I just don't understand the origin of such a conflict...

If all people liked the same car, then there would be only one car in the world that all of

us would buy. Obviously, people have different opinions and that's more or less the bottom line of what looks nice and what doesn't.

With regard to the pure performance of the CTS, marketing reasons need also be considered. If Toyota was to build a CTR-type of Corolla, then Celica would sell nothing. I think this is also the main reason they quote the 8,4" 0-60 performance, although Celica shares the same components and they quote it 1" faster...

This is also why CTS has a nice absorbing suspension, touring tyres of only 195 mm width and it comes also as a 5-door version. This might not be a car for the really demanding driver but then he could own an MR2 or a Celica or - as I see people here do - tune the car.

So, in my opinion, what makes the CTS really great is that you get a perfectly equipped, comfortable midi sized vehicle with room and luxury than no many in its class offer and with the exclusive privilege of offering a full size smile on the driver's face, every time the needle reaches 6200 rpm. ... and believe me that's really rewarding!!!! :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yarisboy

• jimma

• knowlson

• Nick-Johnson

This is getting funnier. CTS still looks like a miniature MPV to me, Knowlsons

car by no means looks like an old mans car or whatever has been said.

Of course the CTS has a newer looking interior making the older corolla

look "dated" as has been said, if Toyota decided to release a new vehicle and then

make the interior older looking than the previous model then we'd all be thinking they were on crack.

So some people like the shape etc of the CTS, go ahead enjoy, but there are always gonna be people who don't agree

throwing the smarties outa the pram ain't gonna make them change their minds. :thumbsup:

Tom. (brother of peter_the_dude)

Edited to say - nicely said SKG :)

oh boy... i didn't really want to get into this discussion. But i have an idea:

- Why can't there be a T-sport-forum as it was before?? Aparently we think very differently how we get performance out of our cars... non-rev-turbo-charged engines VS. high-rev N/A engines.

I owned a E11 G6R Corolla before and i must say that my new E12 is much more cooler looking... i don't really like frog-eyes as it was on my G6R.

I raced many cars, turbocharged and N/A cars also and most of the times i'm way in the lead or very equal.

I think many of you guys really want a T-sport just that you can't afford one and therefor you hate it :P

jeeeeez when this become such a heated debate!!!

the exclusive privilege of offering a full size smile on the driver's face, every time the needle reaches 6200 rpm. ... and believe me that's really rewarding!!!!

I agree with SKG on the 'lift' its worth it!! And what a smile it brings!! :D

To be honest i don't really care how the other cars perform or look so long as you're happy with what you drive it does'nt matter!!! :D

Oh by the way becuse I own tsport

I think all the other cars on here are crap slow and ugly !!!!! :o :o

Sorry I thought we were in school :lol: :P

When did this become about Turbo'd V's N/A?

Yep martenj76 YOU think the

new E12 is much more cooler looking

, that is whats known as your opinion and I'm sure you'll agree that others may disagree

with your opinion, fair enough.

Thats great that you've raced other cars N/A and Turbo'd but that doesn't really prove anything

for all we know you were racing Smart cars with grannies driving.

....Oh yeah and I really don't want a T-sport I sometimes drive my brothers G6R wchich is actually a really nice car to drive and looks pretty nice (IMO), especially with the TTE bodykit.......but the rest of the time I drive a scooby.......I'll be looking for T-sports when I'm drivin' this weekend then. :thumbsup:

Hehe, lol phil3345.

Sorry I thought we were in school

Yeah it is starting to look that way, seems people aren't allowed to have an opinion now. :rolleyes:

Andys lines: I LOVE THE E12 Corolla T-Sport it not a lunch box on wheels

Nicks lines: I would much rather dive an E11 Corolla as they are much better looking!!

:lol:

Nick

Andys lines: I LOVE THE E12 Corolla T-Sport it not a lunch box on wheels

Nicks lines: I would much rather dive an E11 Corolla as they are much better looking!!

:lol:

Nick

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ha nice one :thumbsup:

To be honest this has gone a bit silly now, can we all chill out now.

oh yeah I dont like the new CTR either I like the older type ek9 type R :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol, unbelievable.

I'm in favour of reinstating the Tsport forum, then at least the CTS guys can live in their own little world again without being confronted by the likes of yarisboy.

This forum used to be so much fun, whatever happened to it?

Glad to see everyone settled their differences through the use of obscure humour by the way, almost agreeing to disagree.

Have a nice day everyone, and whatever you do don't share your opinion because it won't be appreciated in the slightest.

laters. <_< :rolleyes:

that got nasty there for awhile ;)

cheers for no more french stuff :thumbsup:

still interesting to see peoples different opions and reactions in this thread......

I am on the brink of closing this thread.. lets cool down fellas

It's all good, just dont start bagging other cars, we all own toyota's and we have a common thing. I just dont like some cocky heads in here that share their opinion to the point where it offends others.

PEACE :thumbsup:

- Why can't there be a T-sport-forum as it was before?? Aparently we think very differently how we get performance out of our cars... non-rev-turbo-charged engines VS. high-rev N/A engines.

yeah why not????

Good things come to thoughs who wait! ;)

Nick :thumbsup:

Haven't we waited LONG enough to get it back. It makes more sence especialy considering most thing on here are about proformance and out cars share very little with old corollas and more with the celeca TS

WHY NOT HAVE BOTH FORUMS AND HAVE CHOICE ????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links