Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

N/a Supra

Steve

Mate of mine wants a supra but because of insurance thinks that the N/A is suitable for him.

I want to ask some questions but dont want to be pointed to supra forums trying to hunt the answer.

So here goes.

Which is the best N/A supra to get.. has a budget of 7k

What is the 0-60

what is the sz-r ones.. are their differences?

We undertsand its about 220BHP right?

Insurance group?

cheers

u r right about the bhp @220, on the mk 3's tis about 200, forget the turbo until over 26, just hit 25, 1 yrs n/c ,insurance on 89 3.0i, with elephant.co.uk is about 610 f/c, (no points).

The N/A being import only, will be the same, if not more to insure than a UK TT, if he can up his budget a little then obviously a UK TT is the way to go.

Not sure on the SZ-R, I know it's a late model.......maybe just refering to it having VVTI..................

Your correct on the power level. If going for a N/A it would have to be the Aero for me, but forget about doing a TT swap, you might aswell just buy the Aero TT as the money involved is the same.

HTH

Damn, forgetting my roots,

Tell him to buy a MKIII Turbo for 2k and spend 5k on mods......................500 horses here we come :yes::thumbsup:

If insurance is a problem Why buy a MKIII when i know of a very good MKII that might be available for the right price......hint

Side_on_view.sized.jpg

does anyone know what the performance is like?

does anyone know what the performance is like?

Performance is not bad they always keep up well at supra club meets, they seem to drink a bit more though. When being pushed like a TT.

I get the impression insurance is more for an import NA, than an import TT. Thats insurance companies for you.

I have an aero-top SZ MKiv soop. As far ***** pecs go I don't know the difference between an SZ and an SZ-r but there are so many standard options available in Japan to have fitted in the factory on the SZ that telling the difference between most of the models can be a bit difficult. It may just be a better stereo folding mirrors perhaps the front active spoiler or a number of other trim details. What it won't be is any more powerfull.

The N/A developes around 230 horses in standard form is approximately 6.9 ish to 60 depending on its treatment in past life and if you have never driven one before feels like a very quick car. It does have a tendency to keep up with the turbo's in road traffic but actually race a tt at the lights and you will be embarrased! There are also handling differences and gearbox differences ie there is no limited slip diff on the N/A which makes putting power down in corners a bit iffy especially wet corners. The gearing is different which is why it actually drinks more juice than the tt does.

Insurance is a funny business. Ours is only £450 through tesco's full ncb at 26 but shopping around shows that at times some insurance firms show higher premiums for N/A's than j-spec tts. Quirky I know.

If you intend to have a tuned up motor don't buy an N/A its too expensive to do up really as I am begining to learn to my cost. if i sell my motor and buy a tt i will lose a shed load of cash as i bought from a dealer. If you reckon you will be happy with the N/A's power then yes it is a beauty of a motor and really does look the part..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links