Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights On The Instrument Panel

Cherry Red Pocket Rocket

Throughout the bad weather my Yaris has been running just fine. However, this afternoon when I turned on the lights the little green icon on the instrument panel didn't show up as it usually does when you turn on the lights. If I use main beam a blue main beam icon will show. Could this be a loose fuse or something? Any suggestions?

Also my !Removed! interior light won't illumunate either. Not sure if its the weather or if I shouldn't have tampered with it in the first place... Will get round to fixing that when its a little warmer.

Are all the lights actually working on the outside of the car?

If so, its probably just the warning light bulb that's blown in the instrument panel.

If there are lights not working outside the car and the interior light isn't working either - that smells of a blown fuse or a bad connection in the power supply caused by the bad weather....

The lights are working outside the car. The small icon for main beam is displayed when I use it but the icon for my lights is not. Where do I get a new warning bulb for it and how do I replace it?

The link below goes to the 2003 Yaris' bluetooth installation guide.

In this guide the complete dashboard is stripped, but the illustration on page 7 shows the posistion of the clips of the instrument cover.

Once the cover is off, you will most likely see the screws that hold the instrument cluster.

Take it out, disconnect the wires and ignore the rest of the guide.

No idea what the back of the cluster looks like and if you can replace bulbs without opening it.

I'm not allowed to touch my wife's Yaris unless something is broken, so I cannot help here.

I hope these illustrations are helpfull, and no doubt you will post a picture here of that backside. :)

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...000%20684-1.pdf

To gain access to the panel indicator lamp you have to remove the speedo binnacle, to do this just simply pull the enclosure gently in an upward direction until it pops out (you don't need brute force ) then unplug the wiring harness, next you need to remove the 4 screws that secure it and disconnect the two plugs and the panel can be lifted out.

Locate the faulty lamp and remove it by twisting the plastic holder approx 45 degrees pull the old lamp out and replace with a new one. (From memory it's a 12 volt 1.2 watt miniature push fit (wedge base) bulb.)

It really doesn't take long and is simle to do.

I found by grasping the front with both hands (thumbs on the inside of the arch) and a gentle upward tug towards the front of the car did the trick, and from memory the front bit lifted which allowed me to pull the rest of the binnacle out towards me, if that makes sense!

Not really but I'll give it a go when I get the chance this weekend and have ordered the bulbs that you recommended so hopefully it'll be sorted by next week.

Thank you very much for your instructions. I successfully managed to dismantle it, put a new bulb in and reassemble it again. However, it still doesn't work. I've tried swapping around bulbs that I knew were working and that didn't work either. What else could the problem be?

I don't think its a connection failure because all the other warning lights are working?

If you're sure the bulb is ok and in the right place then I would check to see if it illuminates when it gets dark as it may be hard to see in broad daylight.

Very strange! I'm sorry i am now at a loss as to what it could be, if and when you get it sorted i would be very interested in what the remedy was, so please report back, thanks in advance.

I will if I ever find what the problem is.

My keyfob has stopped working so I can unlock the car remotely but not lock it... Now one of the lights on my instument panel has stopped working. ARGH!!!! :@