Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vw Hybrid Coupe........

fuel miser

about to be unveiled at the Detroit motor show. Interesting performance stats (if correct), it appears to be significantly swifter than a Prius.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/...oncepts/246359/

Looks good, but it's a prototype two years away from production. It's difficult to make the performance figures stack, but using Lithium Ion should make a difference and I suppose there is a chance that it has a plug-in charger?

My guess is that we will see a whole raft of new hybrids before the VW is actually available for sale.

These are interesting times . . . . . :yes:

Looks good, but it's a prototype two years away from production.

Indeed it does look good! :thumbsup:

The two year production run up is .... :(

But the biggest problem when it final hits the streets will the hyper inflated price VW (UK) will saddle the poor thing with. :angry:

It's my guess the Jetta Coupe Hybrid will make the Prius look like an absolute bargin, especially when all the things that should be standard equipment are added from the (typical mile-long German) option's list.

plus the fact that Toyota are the only manufacturer with a true hybrid. all the others are hybrid types but lack the true versatility of the Toyota system.

cant wait till later in the year when we start making the Auris hybrid at Burnaston.

already had discharge training. cant understand why garages wont service the Prius, its not that technical to make safe.

cant wait till later in the year when we start making the Auris hybrid at Burnaston.

So...can you tell us anymone from what we already know from the press? Price, specs, economy figures. Anything? I'll be in the market for another hybrid by the summer and so far Honda's CR-Z is winning albeit without being able to compare it to the Auris. Granted, the CR-Z isn't a full hybrid but it's a great little shape. :)

So...can you tell us anyone from what we already know from the press? Price, specs, economy figures. Anything? I'll be in the market for another hybrid by the summer and so far Honda's CR-Z is winning albeit without being able to compare it to the Auris. Granted, the CR-Z isn't a full hybrid but it's a great little shape. :)

All I know is that it's due for launch in the second half of this year and priced to compete with the Honda Insight at £15-£17k. Being smaller and lighter than the Prius, it should have a combined economy figure of about 74 mpg and CO2 of about 86g so it'll be road tax free and exempt from the London congestion charge. My only concern is, that the Auris not being designed as a hybrid only as the Prius is, how much boot space will be lost to accommodate the Battery pack.

So...can you tell us anyone from what we already know from the press? Price, specs, economy figures. Anything? I'll be in the market for another hybrid by the summer and so far Honda's CR-Z is winning albeit without being able to compare it to the Auris. Granted, the CR-Z isn't a full hybrid but it's a great little shape. :)

All I know is that it's due for launch in the second half of this year and priced to compete with the Honda Insight at £15-£17k. Being smaller and lighter than the Prius, it should have a combined economy figure of about 74 mpg and CO2 of about 86g so it'll be road tax free and exempt from the London congestion charge. My only concern is, that the Auris not being designed as a hybrid only as the Prius is, how much boot space will be lost to accommodate the Battery pack.

and the Auris is a bit bland and dull looking and I can't imagine it will be much cheaper than the Prius. What about a bigger hybrid from Toyota? Surely they could introduce the Camry Hybrid as it is already made in RHD for the Aussies.

I'll be in the market for another hybrid by the summer and so far Honda's CR-Z is winning albeit without being able to compare it to the Auris. Granted, the CR-Z isn't a full hybrid but it's a great little shape. :)

The shape /detail on this production CR-Z (US spec not Euro Spec), seems a little toned down to the pictures that where leaked from Japan. :huh:

Honda-CR-11110108170982612x408.jpg

More pictures and video here.

What about a bigger hybrid from Toyota? Surely they could introduce the Camry Hybrid as it is already made in RHD for the Aussies.

It's no good GC, you'll just have bite the bullet, fly to Austrailia and drive one back :thumbsup:

Just tell the Aussie dealer your going on an extended test drive! :eek::lol::lol::lol:

I'll be in the market for another hybrid by the summer and so far Honda's CR-Z is winning albeit without being able to compare it to the Auris. Granted, the CR-Z isn't a full hybrid but it's a great little shape. :)

The shape /detail on this production CR-Z (US spec not Euro Spec), seems a little toned down to the pictures that where leaked from Japan. :huh:

Honda-CR-11110108170982612x408.jpg

More pictures and video here.

I think we all knew that was going to happen but I think it'll look better in the flesh. I still fancy a pearl white one and my details are already logged with Honda. :thumbsup: 56.4mpg is not good though. If this was / is US figure then I'll be pleased. UK cars will be 2+2 seating (unlike US) and will feature day time running lights. Ultimately, for me at least, it'll come down to cost, toys and mpg.

boot will be a little less in depth but TBH i was surprised how small the HVB is. the running gear is straight from the Prius AFAIK.

no details on spec (although i imagine it will follow the Prius in spec levels) or price im afraid. hoping they will be on our lease scheme though although that depends on demand (which is expected to be high).

i doubt this will be the only Toyota to gain Hybrid technology

I think we all knew that was going to happen but I think it'll look better in the flesh. I still fancy a pearl white one and my details are already logged with Honda. :thumbsup: 56.4mpg is not good though. If this was / is US figure then I'll be pleased. UK cars will be 2+2 seating (unlike US) and will feature day time running lights. Ultimately, for me at least, it'll come down to cost, toys and mpg.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Still a great looking little car :toast:

I wonder if the Mugan version will still be a hybrid or just a straight petrol?

It would be very very nice if it was a hybrid! :naughty: