Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clunking Suspension On St205

Racingmcfly

I have the dreaded clunking sound coming from the driverside front suspension. I understand that this is a common prob on the Super Strut system! Does anyone know which exact part it is that makes the noise. The bushes to the sub frame look relativley new! Is it the figure of eight link? The figure of eight link has a grease nipple and when you jack up the motor it hits the suspenion arm is this normal or should the nipple be taken out?

Plus how do i remove the speed limiter. Its kicking in at about 128. Strange speed i thought! Its normally 112mph i thought! Apparntly it has a trd speedo converter on the machine!

I have the dreaded clunking sound coming from the driverside front suspension. I understand that this is a common prob on the Super Strut system! Does anyone know which exact part it is that makes the noise. The bushes to the sub frame look relativley new! Is it the figure of eight link? The figure of eight link has a grease nipple and when you jack up the motor it hits the suspenion arm is this normal or should the nipple be taken out?

Plus how do i remove the speed limiter. Its kicking in at about 128. Strange speed i thought! Its normally 112mph i thought! Apparntly it has a trd speedo converter on the machine!

It will be the lower arm and figure of eight parts, best to replace them both as they wear together.

Be warned - its quite expensive to fix :wacko:

Can't help with the others

Its front ball joints always ***** up at 60k on any toyotas with superstrut. £260 a side + plus £140 odd labour (1 1/2 hours)

Im thinking that maybe these figure of eight links are upside down or something, cause the grease nipples are definetley binding with the lower arm. Cant see toyota designing it like this!

Anyone got any pics of the superstrut system, my head is getting bluuuured!

www.fensport.co.uk have pictures of (and sell) the problem parts on their website. Go to the ST205 chassis tuning section.

I was lucky, I've just replaced the cheaper part £110 and that fixed it for me, but now the otherside needs doing :crybaby:

Cheers for that,

I could really do with a shot of the suspension on an st205 assembled cause now looking at the parts the figure of eight link which i now know is called the Camber control link, grease nipple binds with the lower arm no 2. So the only way that it will not bind is by taking out the nipple which i have =done on one side and it seems to be a lot better?

Wweird :wacko:

how do i remove the speed limiter

buy a chip from fensport that does the job

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links