Do Not Sell My Personal Information

United, We Could Stand !

Bizarra

Public Revolt over cameras

An attempt to introduce gatso-style speed cameras on the other side of the Atlantic has ended in a public revolt, with motorists binning tickets worth $90 million. The scheme in Arizona is now on the verge of bankruptcy and might be scrapped.

Its demise would mark an ignoble end to the first statewide effort to bring speed camera enforcement to the US, where many, including judges and elected officials, regard the devices as an unconstitutional taxcollection method.

Verbatim from tonight's evening paper

{ Some hope of judges & elected officials taking that view here & in the UK] :censor:

In this country we simply roll over and accept what smelly stuff is shoveled in our direction :angry:

In the UK we are all pussy whipped..............

But that is another story!...........................Please try to keep on topic ;) :lol:

to the US, where many, including judges and elected officials, regard the devices as an unconstitutional taxcollection method.

Verbatim from tonight's evening paper

{ Some hope of judges & elected officials taking that view here & in the UK] :censor:

we don't have a constitution ... :!Removed!:

lol...

Compared to other nations, we are a bit soft and do just "accept" things.

Simple example:

Driving car and a traffic jam happens...

English: accept it, and go into "crawl" mode.

Italians: horns a blare, pushing, doing anything necessary to get through.

Speeding offence:

English: accept the system and pay up

Americans: "pop it full of lead"...bang bang.

I guess no one remembers the poll tax riots and how they effected legislation. I am not sure it is fair to say the population just take everything that is thrown at them.

I do grow weary of how motorists allow so many restrictions to be placed upon them. Jeremy Clarkson is right in so far as it is no longer fun to drive in Britain. :yes:

What the hell happened to motorways being driven on for pleasure and not just to get to places!? Why is it we are allowing something we used to hold so dear to us get taken away so easily!? I then grow even further into a state of anger when I remember that the tax you (not me, yet! :P ) pay for use of the roads, doesn't even go to the roads! AND then we get our money taken from us by speed cameras!

Then we get to speed bumps, aren't they wonderful? I have always wanted a lump of concrete in the middle of the cul-de-sac to knacker my shocks quicker than the poor quality conditions of the normal roads do.

So far what I see I can look forward to about motoring is;

*Road Tax

*Congestion Charges

*Speed Bumps

*Speed Cameras

*Speed Cops

*Insurance

*Poor Quality Roads

It is tax collection and it is a load of spuds of lurve that we roll over and take it....

I am now in rant mode, I hope you are happy!!! :angry: :P :lol:

I do grow weary of how motorists allow so many restrictions to be placed upon them. Jeremy Clarkson is right in so far as it is no longer fun to drive in Britain. :yes:

What the hell happened to motorways being driven on for pleasure and not just to get to places!? Why is it we are allowing something we used to hold so dear to us get taken away so easily!? I then grow even further into a state of anger when I remember that the tax you (not me, yet! :P ) pay for use of the roads, doesn't even go to the roads! AND then we get our money taken from us by speed cameras!

Then we get to speed bumps, aren't they wonderful? I have always wanted a lump of concrete in the middle of the cul-de-sac to knacker my shocks quicker than the poor quality conditions of the normal roads do.

So far what I see I can look forward to about motoring is;

*Road Tax

*Congestion Charges

*Speed Bumps

*Speed Cameras

*Speed Cops

*Insurance

*Poor Quality Roads

It is tax collection and it is a load of spuds of lurve that we roll over and take it....

I am now in rant mode, I hope you are happy!!! :angry: :P :lol:

Blimey all that and your not even out of shorts yet :lol: , only kidding again KP , just make sure though you don't let your anger boil over to the point that you end up like

Michael Douglas, in " Falling Down " :2guns::lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM8qT9Xop5k

PS sorry for straying slightly :offtopic: , just wanted to lighten the mood a bit :D

:lol: :lol:

Still looking forward to driving for other reasons though so my view isn't quite as dim a sit appears. I'm still p!***d off though! :angry:

im surprised that people dont organise guerilla GATSO foaming on a day by day basis...

simply go and spray them all up, wait for them to get cleaned, go back and respray...

something simple like a drying/sealing foamspray over the lens would probably do the job.

hahaha

shoot-the-gatso

The thought of cutting them down with a petrol saw has crossed my mind...

Undressing Jessica Alba in the Bath is more fun. :naughty: Bet everyone has done it & I'm the only one to admit it :angel_not: