Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Failure Rates Released

tonkit

Just seen this on bbc website, thought it may be of interest.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/opensecrets/201...s_released.html

The value of such informaton is up for debate but either way it's nice to see the corolla at the bottom of each list :thumbsup:

EXACTLY WHY I GOT RID OF THE BMW AND WENT BACK TO COROLLA!!!

Just seen this on bbc website, thought it may be of interest.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/opensecrets/201...s_released.html

The value of such informaton is up for debate but either way it's nice to see the corolla at the bottom of each list :thumbsup:

EXACTLY WHY I GOT RID OF THE BMW AND WENT BACK TO COROLLA!!!

did you find BMW's to be unreliable then?

i had 2 bmw's now, a 316 E30, and a 1998 318is E36 and they both spent more time in the garage being repaired than on the road,

always somthin to lay out for when i got paid.

im on my 2nd rolla now and both have been problem free!!

only got rid of my GXI for the bmw,

more than pleasd with my T sport tho.

Corolla FTW! :lol:

Good to see it there, in the right place. :yes:

I hope mine can positively contribute to those statistics when the time comes :lol:

Yes i also heard this news story on the radio yesterday , it just go's to show what a well built & reliable car the corolla is , something of which Toyota have built their name on ( reliability ) .....One of the reasons i chose to buy an Auris , my first ever Toyota , i hope i'm not mistaken in saying " the replacement for the corolla ", the good news is its not broken down on me yet , although it did fail to start last february after i had'nt used it for 4 days and i had to jump start it with jump leads , i sincerely hope it lives up to the same billing in the long run as the corolla , i'm not sure it will , the Auris does have a few issues , i hope reliability though will not be one of them , only time will tell .

So Corolla owners are proud of the fact they own the 34th worst vehicle for failing MOT's in Britain.........

So Corolla owners are proud of the fact they own the 34th worst vehicle for failing MOT's in Britain.........

the only time any of my rolla's has failed an MOT in around 6 years of ownership is once!! that was a bald tyre and a flat Battery!!

No, we're proud of the fact they're not THE most likely car to fail its MOT . ;)

No, we're proud of the fact they're not THE most likely car to fail its MOT . ;)

What is it that makes you so proud??:)

What is it that makes you so proud??:)

I just stated that! :P

:D

many fail to read the point "Limiting this to the most popular models"

the chosen cars in the criteria are the cars which are most commonly on our UK roads....they were tested so corolla owners should be proud.

the corolla is one of the best selling cars in the world....imagine how many are in this country.....now look at the statistics and we have the lowest percentage that is something to be proud of.

With anything like this the data can be easily skewed in many ways to obtain the outcome you'd like to see. The data collected is very basic, we're simply talking pass or fail and therefore it is impossible to tell from this why the cars have failed. People who treat their cars well or do low milage are more likely to pass whilst those who dont look after their cars or have high milage are more likely to fail for example.

But probably the biggest factor here is the popularity of the car, if there are more cars of a particular model then it is fair to say your gauranteed to have more failures than a less popular model.

So, when looking at the tables I wouldn't view them as a league as such, the corolla is not the 34th worst vehicle for failing MOT's in britian. Like it says they've only compared the most popular models and by doing this, are more likely to get a fair representation for each model because the data sets are larger.

All we can say for certain is that 11.2% of all corollas bought in 2004 passed their MOT tests in 2007...and even that in its own right doesn't mean a great deal but when you compare it to similar cars on the list like the VW Golf (which scores 19.2%) and say the Renault Megane (28.1%) i think its safe to conclude that the corolla is a reliable car...

..something we all new already, right?

Personally i wouldn't say a Jap car is better built than a BMW, German cars are generally very well built solid cars BUT, yes i would say Japs are generally more Reliable.

There is a difference and yes i have owned a few BMs in my time, unimpressed with the reliability to say the least.

Personally i wouldn't say a Jap car is better built than a BMW, German cars are generally very well built solid cars BUT, yes i would say !Removed! are generally more Reliable.

There is a difference and yes i have owned a few BMs in my time, unimpressed with the reliability to say the least.

Have a read at post #2 here,

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...760&hl=Audi

German cars... never ever again for me.

My TSports now coming up to 8 years old, 67K and still original apart from one replaced front shocker which was weeping oil. Even the brakes are all original still lol.... and it still sees 8000 RPM most days :)