Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Some Reassurance (or Maybe A Dose Of Reality)

here_aygo

Hello, everyone,

Our Aygo is set to arrive in the first week of February and I am really happy and excited about it. We've been a one-car family for almost 10 years and I am really pleased. I'm looking forward to expanding my horizons beyond the limits I can reach on my bike (with the kids on their bikes, as well!). BUT, I tend to worry a bit anyway, and all those stories about leaky, leaky, water-logged Aygos have really gotten to me. Is it going to be ok? What can I do now (before the car is delivered) to minimize our leak potential? What should I look for when we pick the car up? What should I ask the dealer to do, if anything, before we take delivery? Please help me feel better! I am so looking forward to my darling little car and I really want it all to ok.

Thank you --

i picked up my aygo blue today new from the dealer will update you if i have any problems i was worried also lol

@ devil-ish - thanks for the encouragement. The IQ is so nice! (but too small in back for the kids).

@ Jimmy G. - good luck and have fun with your new car! I can hardly wait for ours to arrive. I hope you and we are leak-free.

Hi here Aygo, Had my Aygo Platinum 6 months on the 22nd of this month, I am loving it, great little car. I used to be in the Garage trade and any new car can have little problems no matter what make it is, so don't worry just enjoy.

regards

johnhrh

The car is great. Try not to think about the Aygo's love of water and you will be fine. The more you worry about it the more likely it is going to happen.

it's a great little car, we've downsized from a skoda octavia VRS and the aygo is proving far more fun per mile - it's only a little engine but it's fab!

No issues at all with leaks and can only say good things about our little aygo black!

My Aygo has just turned 3 years old, and I've never had any problems. There are additional 'gutters' available if you really need them, but I, like the other people, haven't had a problem with regards to leaks. I was worried too when I came on here before I bought mine!! But I'm sure it will be fine - ENJOY YOUR AYGO! :D

Aygo Blue owner here. My car bought second hand,a nd was a bit weary at first. First registered in 2007. Its been through wind, heavy rain up here in Scotland. I ve been using the jet wash to wash the car in the last month to get rid of all the salt. I m pleased to say I have had NO PROBLEMS with any leaks in my Aygo! :P

My Aygo was new from April 2006 - no leaks to date

Iv had my Aygo blue since late 2007 and haven't had any leaks yet (touch wood lol). Although if you do find leaks it will be covered by the warrenty. So no worries! :) hope you'll enjoy your new car.

:rolleyes: Thank you all so much! It's great to hear from so many people with dry Aygos. When ours arrives, I'll keep an eye on things and share our experience here. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed and count the days 'til our little car arrives.

57 reg Aygo blue, only had it a month but had the jetwash on it and the hopepipe and not a leak in sight...just enjoy !!!!

The AYGO is a great car and you shouldn't worry about it...I'd rather have a bit of water leaking than massive engine or electrical problems. All you can do is feel the carpets every so often to see if they are damp- if so back to the garage for extra seals to be fitted which seem to solve the issue. ENJOY IT!! Which model have you gone for?

@ aygo59:

We live in the Netherlands and so the models are different than in the UK, I think. We chose something called "aspiration green." (Sort of a fancy name for such a little car, but ok). Here's a link to the toyota.nl site that describes it. Toyota.nl - "aspiration green" aygo(the site's in dutch, but there are enough pictures to give you an idea of what we're getting). We chose the 5-door in order to make it easier with the kids. I'll be the main driver of the little car, and I really liked the olive green color, which is only available in this model, so this is the model we're getting . . . . I am very happy :)

Sorry to say it, but ALL Aygo's leak - or are liable to leak.

I was convinced our Aygo (MKII) would not leak - but it is on the verge due to the ineffectual [door] seals.

So its going in for the modified seals on 23/01.

Otherwise cracking car - love it to bits and this is not a fatal flaw that detracts from ownership. If anything Toyota MK have been spot on...so top marks to Toyota GB.

My Aygo is now one year old and has been great! No leaks or any other problems. With any car there may be problems (a relative has many times more expensive car which has needed repairs many times), better just enjoy and hope everything goes without problems and if not the warranty will be there to help.

Just love the Aygo, wonderful car to drive with low fuel consumption.

--

Aygo+ Red with VSC

@ aygo59:

We live in the Netherlands and so the models are different than in the UK, I think. We chose something called "aspiration green." (Sort of a fancy name for such a little car, but ok). Here's a link to the toyota.nl site that describes it. Toyota.nl - "aspiration green" aygo(the site's in dutch, but there are enough pictures to give you an idea of what we're getting). We chose the 5-door in order to make it easier with the kids. I'll be the main driver of the little car, and I really liked the olive green color, which is only available in this model, so this is the model we're getting . . . . I am very happy :)

Looks great indeed! I wish they had green color option available when getting mine a year ago, went for the red as the Aygo Blue was not available than. It seems there are quite big differences in colours and equipment in

different countries. Dutch seems to have white model also, looks nice also.

I've got my Aygo since September 2009 and have no water leaks so far as well.

As far as I know mainly the models with door Speakers have this problem. The Aygo is build in Kolin without any extras and then shipped to Zeebrugge where all the extras are mounted. When they mount the Speakers in the doors then sometimes a very thin plastic foil inside the door gets damaged. This foil normaly keeps the water that runs down the door windows into door out of the car. At least thats what I've read in a german forum. So if you have a 2 speaker model (like me), then you probably can feel save. :D