Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Some Reassurance (or Maybe A Dose Of Reality)

here_aygo

My Aygo Black just turned 3 years old Last Christmas and i have found the boot cover all wet at one side but i have never had this before im dismissing it due to the russian winter we had and snow and ice sitting on the car for 3 weeks i never had any leaks during any heavy rain storms even if the worst happens and it does leak it doesnt change the fact your driving a fun car that will brighten day have fun with your Aygo!

Have them put the car on a lift and check the rust on the drive shafts, swivel pins, brake drums and discs.

Then ask them if a new car should be delivered with all these rusty parts.

Have them put the car on a lift and check the rust on the drive shafts, swivel pins, brake drums and discs.

The "rust" that you refer to is purely a surface oxidation which is quite normal on the material from which those components are manufactured. It is just "cosmetic".....................If it concerns you it may be possible to wipe the drive shafts with a light oil.

The Brake discs and drums should never have oil applied...............for obvious reasons!

This oxidation in no way effects the operation of those components.

All motor manufacturers have this, it is not unique to Toyota.

The "rust" that you refer to is purely a surface oxidation which is quite normal on the material from which those components are manufactured. It is just "cosmetic".....................If it concerns you it may be possible to wipe the drive shafts with a light oil.

The Brake discs and drums should never have oil applied...............for obvious reasons!

No I disagree it is pretty unique to the whole range of Aygo, C1 and 107s. Look under any Korean or other make. New cars should not be delivered with rust leaching out between the wheels and drums. These parts appear to be fitted rusty and not due to standing around for months.

No I disagree it is pretty unique to the whole range of Aygo, C1 and 107s. Look under any Korean or other make. New cars should not be delivered with rust leaching out between the wheels and drums. These parts appear to be fitted rusty and not due to standing around for months.

Not at all unique to that range :rolleyes:

The materials used to produce these parts is known to get a light oxidation within hours of being produced............It is perfectly normal..............but I do agree with you, it may be a little disconcerting for an owner of a "new" car........but WILL NOT affect the operation or function of the car.

I have owned Fiats, Austin Metros, Minis, Renault Clios and all have had this cosmetic oxidisation on the drive shafts and brake drums/hubs from new.

The surface between the brake drum and wheels should normally be smeared with a "copperslip" grease to prevent the wheel from seizing on the hub.

The operation of the drive shafts are not compromised by the light layer of cosmetic oxidisation (rust)..........As stated previously if it concerns you, lightly rub them with a little light oil.

Got My Blue Aygo On The 22nd October 2009 & Had No Problems Really With Water Leaks .. Only Problem Which I Thought Was The Car Was A Small Water Puddle Behind Drivers Seat .. Found Out later It Was From My Umberealla.. Very Pleased WIth My Car & After Reading The Water Leaks I Was Shocked Aswell But Dont Worry Enjoy It ! If You Do Have Any Problems (Fingers Crossed You Dont) But Just Take It Back To The Dealer Or Speak On The Phone & They Should Sort It Out For You :) X

Getting a black Aygo 08 in two days. Fingers crossed for no leaks. i'm even contemplating a waterproof cover!

:D lol - had the same thought! Best of luck with your new car. Like some other posters in this thread reminded me, they don't ALL leak . . . ..

Our car arrives in a week or so. I'll post back here once we know whether it's a dry-go or a wet one.

@ aygo59:

We live in the Netherlands and so the models are different than in the UK, I think. We chose something called "aspiration green." (Sort of a fancy name for such a little car, but ok). Here's a link to the toyota.nl site that describes it. Toyota.nl - "aspiration green" aygo(the site's in dutch, but there are enough pictures to give you an idea of what we're getting). We chose the 5-door in order to make it easier with the kids. I'll be the main driver of the little car, and I really liked the olive green color, which is only available in this model, so this is the model we're getting . . . . I am very happy :)

Looks great indeed! I wish they had green color option available when getting mine a year ago, went for the red as the Aygo Blue was not available than. It seems there are quite big differences in colours and equipment in

different countries. Dutch seems to have white model also, looks nice also.

I am noticing a rather irritating pattern with Toyota at the moment.

They seem to be cutting down on the models available in the UK, but bring out new ones/keep old ones going in other parts of the Globe.

Its rather irritating.

My Aygo Black just turned 3 years old Last Christmas and i have found the boot cover all wet at one side but i have never had this before im dismissing it due to the russian winter we had and snow and ice sitting on the car for 3 weeks i never had any leaks during any heavy rain storms even if the worst happens and it does leak it doesnt change the fact your driving a fun car that will brighten day have fun with your Aygo!

Same here. Went into our boot this weekend and noticed the carpet was wet. Took cover off spare wheel and there was a very small amount of water in there. Took spare wheel out and dried everything.

Then I had a look at the boot carpet. The backing is a sponge and was dripping water, but no sign of any water on the carpet lining the boot.

Thinking more about it over the last few weeks I've been in and out of the boot more than normal as we have only been using the Aygo in the snow. Wet boots going in there, shovel with snow on it, snow may have fallen in when I opened the tailgate. All this water has been soaked up by the boot carpet sponge backing which has then found its way into the spare wheel area. It has been too cold for anything to dry out.

I dried the carpet and have put it back and no sign of any water since. May be worth other owners having a look.

@ aygo59:

We live in the Netherlands and so the models are different than in the UK, I think. We chose something called "aspiration green." (Sort of a fancy name for such a little car, but ok). Here's a link to the toyota.nl site that describes it. Toyota.nl - "aspiration green" aygo(the site's in dutch, but there are enough pictures to give you an idea of what we're getting). We chose the 5-door in order to make it easier with the kids. I'll be the main driver of the little car, and I really liked the olive green color, which is only available in this model, so this is the model we're getting . . . . I am very happy :)

Looks great indeed! I wish they had green color option available when getting mine a year ago, went for the red as the Aygo Blue was not available than. It seems there are quite big differences in colours and equipment in

They seem to be cutting down on the models available in the UK, but bring out new ones/keep old ones going in other parts of the Globe.

Its rather irritating.

Oh, yeah? That's interesting. I am completely unfamiliar with what models are available elsewhere. (honestly, I know next to nothing about cars in general, and this one in particular; we chose the toyota version of this car because the warranty is a year longer than the one that peugeot gives and we could get the olive green color from toyota, but not from peugeot.) Was the green model earlier available in the UK? They also do blue one here that has really all the bells and whistles, but I liked the green color better than the blue. Don't know if the blue one is available in the UK.

@ aygo59:

Its rather irritating.

Oh, yeah? That's interesting. I am completely unfamiliar with what models are available elsewhere. (honestly, I know next to nothing about cars in general, and this one in particular; we chose the toyota version of this car because the warranty is a year longer than the one that peugeot gives and we could get the olive green color from toyota, but not from peugeot.) Was the green model earlier available in the UK? They also do blue one here that has really all the bells and whistles, but I liked the green color better than the blue. Don't know if the blue one is available in the UK.

Well, unless you argue and push the dealer to take a standard Aygo and trim it up for you, you can't get Aygo Blacks over here any more as far as I am aware.

The only trims I know of in the UK are Platinum, Blue, Plus and Standard.

Never heard of the Green one until I read it on here, and it certainly isn't an option over here in the UK.

Apparently there was a Aygo Sport at some point, that isn't an option here any longer if it ever was before.

Also after have a word with one of the deals I know there is no talk of having any more options available to add extras to the car (E.G trims, body kits...) like there is with Peugeot.

Peugeot have a large range of accessories on their site, much more than for the Aygo. Which is a shame as the Aygo is a much nicer car in my opinion. And having more accessories might encourage people to buy it over the Pug107.

When I started this thread, I was worried about water leaks, and now I'm worried about sticky accelerator pedals. I've spent almost 10 years doing the shopping, errands, school run, and the rest of daily life on a bicycle. Maybe I should have waited another 10 years before getting back into a car . . .

On a more practical note, since we have not yet taken delivery of the car, what should I do about the recall? Ask the dealer to fix it before delivery? Refuse to accept delivery without the fix? I have no idea how to handle this. Your comments and advice are most welcome.